• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Humidor Project

She's practicing. ;)

Everytime I see that chicky in your sig Ray, I can't help but wonder if that broad knows she's holding the stick the wrong way. :sign:
Only certain things are best held or grasped that way by chicks....cigars ain't on my list. :D

That looks awesome. I feel inspired after reading this and the link to Marks Humidor. What an awesome thread. Please keep us posted on the progress of yours.

opus360.jpg
opus361.jpg

I got a little bit done today. The cabinet was in worse shape than the other one I made. I had to rip out the bottom and put in a new frame for the floor. This made it much more stable and easier to work with. I took the back off to replace it with soild wood. I'm going to frame in the rest of it in the morning and start laying down plastic.

Looks like a great project. If you use some slide locks on the warped door you can bend it back to a good fit.

Good idea. I've got to try something to get the damned thing into some kind of shape. ;)

... I forgot what I was going to say. Nice sig. :thumbs:

opus365.jpg

Well I got the bottom and the back replaced with solid wood. I stapled two layers of 4 mil plastic sheeting on the inside before I lined it with luan. Still having issues witht the door. It's currently being pressed into shape ontop of two saw horses with about 25pds of weight on it. I hope this works.

Is Young Smoke a project manager? Looks like Mark Twain is doing all the work...hehe

Is Young Smoke a project manager? Looks like Mark Twain is doing all the work...hehe

Hey, I am not JUST the project manager! I am also the procurement expert, designer, and slave driver :laugh:. All that bastige has to do is build the damn thing.....geez it can't be THAT hard!

I'll probably work on it some tomorrow as I have a rare Sat. off from work, but there is a lot of basketball on. Hmmmm, decisions, decisions.......

Fixed the door by adding a latch. Too much time spent figuring out such a simple fix.

opus366.jpg

Another update. The drawers are put in and the Spanish cedar shelf has also been installed. Marc is going to add a wood front on both of the drawers and add two pull knobs to them like he did with his. The door also has been fixed (I hope). Will have to wait and get some moisture in there to see how well it seals. Hopefully it will be done tomorrow or Fri. and I'll do a complete recap of it all (more pics, total price and materials, ect.)

P3070127.jpg

hey, sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but what type of weather proofing will there be (if any) to assure a tight seal?

Darren

Witness the majesty,

the Grace,

the Sheer force of will that went into creating this cabinet humidor.

As of today, it is done. I went for a more rustic look on the drawer faceplates cause I didn’t have access to a table saw. :blush:

opus399.jpg
opus400.jpg
opus398.jpg

opus403.jpg
opus401.jpg

The drawers are on rollers and level out nicely. The shelf is three sections of 7/8s Spanish cedar. The weather stripping is a combination of vinyl sponge, which worked nicely on my first cabinet, and some new foam tape weather stripping that is new and as yet untested. I liked using this new stuff because it applies like tape and goes on quite fast. The draw back is it becomes impossible to remove once you stick it on without destroying the foam and leaving a nasty glue stain.

Now the test is to see if it will hold humidity. As we wait and see it is your task to shame Mike into giving me a bonus.

Let the shaming begin!

Very nice MT! I actually really like the rustic look as it matches the exterior IMO.

Mike, you have a very very nice piece here. Is MT low on Fundadores? Assuming that things seals, I am sure two boxes will suffice - one box if it doesn't... :whistling:

Nice work Marc...when is Young Smoke going to have you start on his next project... :laugh: