• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any car people here?

speedingpenguin

Whats everyone drive? Curious to see if anyones into auto racing of any sort....
I drive a 96 Mustang Cobra and I'm into drag racing....
:D Fun (and expensive, for an 18 year old) stuff!

Volvo 740. I drift it and occasionally auto-x it. Its received some very mild modifications and I'll be in a e30 325is or es before next school year.

Use to have a Bmw 535i that had a short shifter, eibach suspension all around and exhaust. Also use have an '89 Taurus SHO that was stripped to the bone, eibachs all around, short shifter, exhaust.

Yeah, I'm a mild modder with brand loyalties. But its fun.

1971 Pontiac Lemans 455 +.30, 4 bolt mains, decked, aligned bored and balanced. Milodon upper and lower stud kit, GTO ported heads, custom cam and roller rockers. Eldlebrock Torker port matched to the heads with a modded 850 CFM Qjet on top. Turbo 400 tranny 3400 stall, custom drive shaft, GM 12 bolt rear, Richmond 4.10 gears and Henry's axels.

Old school Detroit iron.........we eat rice for breakfast.

AVB said:
1971 Pontiac Lemans 455 +.30, 4 bolt mains, decked, aligned bored and balanced. Milodon upper and lower stud kit, GTO ported heads, custom cam and roller rockers. Eldlebrock Torker port matched to the heads with a modded 850 CFM Qjet on top. Turbo 400 tranny 3400 stall, custom drive shaft, GM 12 bolt rear, Richmond 4.10 gears and Henry's axels.

[snapback]296130[/snapback]​
There's no substitute for displacement. :thumbs:

Doc.

AVB said:

[snapback]296130[/snapback]​

Gearhead! :laugh:

So what's your best 1/4 mile time? ;)

AVB said:

Until you run off the road when you encounter one of those mythical corners anyway :p

Can't say with this engine since it is de-tuned for the street. The race engine got me into the 11's with a 3600lb car.

coventrycat86 said:
Gearhead! :laugh:

So what's your best 1/4 mile time? ;)
[snapback]296137[/snapback]​

1987 Chevy Corvette (currently undergoing refurbishment), 350ci L98 ported stock intake with SLP hi-flow siamesed runners and ported plenum. 1.6 rockers, MSD modified ignition, etc. etc.
http://www.advancedautocc.com/html/black_light_0.html

1970 Chevy Chevelle SS (also under construction) - 565ci BBC with NOS direct port nitrous injection. Best ET with old engine (468 ci no nitrous) - 9.75 @ 132 MPH - Best ET with new combo (classified). :D This car won me my NHRA "Wally".

http://www.advancedautocc.com/html/the_chevelle.html

Old school and American Muscle is where it's at!

Robert

oj3.jpg

a real race car. ;) :)

Used to drive a Dodge ram 1500, 5.9L under the hood, traded it in for a loaded 05 impala SS. It’s too much fun racing people. These days It seems that if it doesn’t have any lines it must not be fast. Soo much fun.

AVB and AutoBob, sound like NICE cars!!!!
I wish I had the time, money, and place to have another car just to mess around with. Before my Cobra I had an 89 Firebird Formula. What I liked so much about that car compared to the Cobra, even though it was HORRIBLY un-reliable, was that it was such an easy car to work on. I put a mild 355 with a NICE 700R4 transmission (Bought it from a friend, it had 2,000 miles on it since it was rebuilt and had a trans-go shift kit and corvette servo), Performer intake, Holley 650 double pumper carb, TRW pistons, crate engine heads, Hedman long tubes......oh man I miss that car :-(

Good to see that theres some other car guys on here! I cant wait 'till the track (newengland dragway) opens up this year!!!!

Aureus said:
AVB said:

Until you run off the road when you encounter one of those mythical corners anyway :p
[snapback]296140[/snapback]​

Yeah, I don't hit many corners on my dragstrip, though. If you are finding one, may I recommend finding a different venue.

smokelaw1 said:
Yeah, I don't hit many corners on my dragstrip, though. If you are finding one, may I recommend finding a different venue.

Touché

Fast4Dr said:
I drive a '93 SHO but don't race
[snapback]296097[/snapback]​

I drive a 94 Yamaha sedan. It's somewhat fast, and corners well, but I own it to impress only me. :cool: No racing.

43630015.jpg

I am kind of into cars, I don’t drive anything special but I do watch a lot a car programs on television. One of my dreams in life is to head down to the Barrett-Jackson auction in Arizona and buy something really nice.

Aureus said:
smokelaw1 said:
Yeah, I don't hit many corners on my dragstrip, though.  If you are finding one, may I recommend finding a different venue.

Touché
[snapback]296202[/snapback]​

Just realized my post sounded kind of assholish---sorry, it was meant to be funny.

2003 Honda Civic... gets me where I'm going, cheap. :) I raced this guy once. When I finally caught up to him we were in New Jersey.....

Tall deck Merlin with how much extra stroke...3/8ths or 1/2? What intake and do you have to use adapter plates? Even as much of a Poncho guy as I am I stick a Merlin in my ride if I had the ka-ching!

AdvAutoBob said:
1970 Chevy Chevelle SS (also under construction) - 565ci BBC with NOS direct port nitrous injection. Best ET with old engine (468 ci no nitrous) - 9.75 @ 132 MPH - Best ET with new combo (classified). :D This car won me my NHRA "Wally".

Old school and American Muscle is where it's at!

Robert
[snapback]296151[/snapback]​

99 F150 with the small V8. I have no need for speed, but an old Texan who needs his redneck Cadillac. My only mods are nerf bars, a fiberglass shell, XM, and an ionic air purifyer. Happy clam, I am.