• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any car people here?

Tumbleweed said:
Fast4Dr said:
I drive a '93 SHO but don't race
[snapback]296097[/snapback]​

I drive a 94 Yamaha sedan. It's somewhat fast, and corners well, but I own it to impress only me. :cool: No racing.

43630015.jpg

[snapback]296210[/snapback]​

wow, a lot of SHO drivers here! My buddy has an SHO and its a pretty cool car, even though his is in rough shape. :whistling:

I have to go with NullSmurf. I am driving an 05 F-150 right now. I also like to drive my girlfriends 06 mazda 3. that is a fun car to drive, it handles really well at high speeds...in excess of 250 mph... :sign:

Brandon

I drive a 2002 Subby WRX. I've got a bunch of mild underhood tweaks and a bunch of stuff in the chassis to tighten things up. I love that boxer rumble, spinnin' all four and hangin' my tail out. :thumbs:

AVB, I'll drag you anytime. You pick the place and I pick the weather conditions...preferably 6+ inches of the white stuff. :D

Wilkey

Greetings! In my younger days, I drove a beefy 1970 Oldsmobile 4-4-2, which I purchased in 1974. I wish that I still had that car! I was never into auto racing, but I personally would have liked to have driven in La Carrera Panamericana. For us north of the border, it's The Mexican Road Race. Nowadays, I am perfectly happy driving my 2004 Pontiac Sunfire coupe. Regards, knightlaird

TOFan said:
I am kind of into cars, I don’t drive anything special but I do watch a lot a car programs on television. One of my dreams in life is to head down to the Barrett-Jackson auction in Arizona and buy something really nice.
[snapback]296211[/snapback]​

We go every year and it's a lot of fun even if you don't buy. It's fun to see the cars get up into the millions. One car went for just over $3 million :0

azksig said:
We go every year and it's a lot of fun even if you don't buy. It's fun to see the cars get up into the millions. One car went for just over $3 million :0
[snapback]296975[/snapback]​

Defintely. I go to the Monterey Historics/Pebble Beach every year and its amazing just to see and hear the cars, and to then watch the auctions. Always floors me.

First off, AVB sounds like the dude in Dazed & Confused going off about his car, who was played by Matt McConnaghy (or however the hell you spell his name).

But onto more serious matters, we've got an '02 MB G500 which is a phenomenal truck/suv out of the factory without having any mods. It can handle just about anything I throw at it. And an '04 C240 4matic, which is nice and fun for those kind of days.

But what I've got my eyes on for a summer car is either a Boxster S or a Lotus Elise.

Presently own a 2005 Pontiac Vibe GT, with the Toyota VVTI-L engine.
The fun stuff was the early year cars......
67 Dodge Coronet 440, with pistol grip 4 speed.
86 Dodge GLHS Shelby Omni. #371. Yes, an Omni! It was a serious little car!
75 Chevy Malibu. Lowered, with a built 350.
I enjoy nhra drag racing, and was practically rased on the drag strip in the 70's. Dad raced a 1937 Fiat with a blown small block Chevy in the fuel altered class.
Recent years I have come to enjoy scca racing. I recently owned a Dodge Neon R/T, and raced it for a few years. I like to attend the vintage races at Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. Road America.
I think oil is in my blood.........

I've got 3 nice toys. 1 for speed and 2 for Bling! Dodge Ram 1500 with Hemi that has performance exhaust and JBA headers, Volant cold air intake and Jet chip. Lexus GS 300 with catback exhaust, cold air intake, Jet brain, DUBs and Brembo brakes. It also has an 11,000 watt stereo with 4 Treo 12s and 6 Odessy Gel cell batteries. My new baby is a Lexus LS 430 which I am leaving stock.

I am eagerly awaiting the release of the new Dodge Challenger with a 6.1, 425 HP Hemi.

Just a little bit into cars! :laugh:

I have always been into cars, just never got a chance to get anything decent yet. I had a 79 Chevy Silvarado that my Grandpa had fixed up a little, mildly worked 350, exhaust, suspension. Basically a slightly lowered redneck truck that was fun to play with, and actaully handled pretty good. Now I have a completely stock 99 Blazer.
I still cant decide what to get when I graduate, but the Pontiac Solstice looks pretty nice, and in another year they should have plenty of performance parts available.
Fastest car I have driven was an 00 Camaro that would run 13 even, with an automatic

smokelaw1 said:
Aureus said:
smokelaw1 said:
Yeah, I don't hit many corners on my dragstrip, though.  If you are finding one, may I recommend finding a different venue.

Touché
[snapback]296202[/snapback]​

Just realized my post sounded kind of assholish---sorry, it was meant to be funny.
[snapback]296212[/snapback]​

No, not at all! :laugh: That was funny as hell. :D

I've been interested in cars, muscle cars and drag racing for almost 30 years. I have lots of friends who drag race and race at the local circle tracks. I never had one myself but I've fixed up quite a few cars over the years including:

1963 Chevy Impala convertible
1970 Cadillac DeVille convertible (I had two of these)
1972 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 limousine

Now I'm into Jagaurs (showing at car shows rather than slalom or racing). I have a 1986 Jaguar XJ6 that I restored and show at Jaguar club shows. I also have a 1987 Jaguar XJ6 that's essentially identical to the 1986 that I'm in the process of restoring and I have a 1992 Jaguar XJ6 as an extra car along with my 1979 BMW 733i and my daily driver which is a 1987 Buick Park Avenue with 308,000 miles on it. :p

Here's a photo of my 1986 XJ6:
606420021775.jpg

With 4 smaller children I am not so much into cars as Suburbans (2) and a PT Cruiser that my wife drives around during the day. Used to have an MGC. Loverly English engineering. BAHAHA (emoticons don't work today.)

I drive a 2000 Audi S4, 19" RS4 Reps, AWE IC, chip, Borla Exhuast, aftermarket dp's, and volt/bilsteen suspension. I love my car.

I drive a 2004 Mazda RX-8. It's all stock but with the rotary engine redlining at 9000 rpm's it's a lot of fun to drive :D

azksig said:
I drive a 2004 Mazda RX-8. It's all stock but with the rotary engine redlining at 9000 rpm's it's a lot of fun to drive :D
[snapback]297258[/snapback]​

In the past, I worked for Mazda as a service adviser.
The rotary is a blast to drive.
I remember driving the 3rd gen. twin turbo cars........those things were dangerous!

outlawsp said:
azksig said:
[snapback]297258[/snapback]​

In the past, I worked for Mazda as a service adviser.
The rotary is a blast to drive.
I remember driving the 3rd gen. twin turbo cars........those things were dangerous!
[snapback]297259[/snapback]​

I remember those but unfortunetly never got to drive one. I wish they would make an RX-8 in a twin turbo!