• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Hockey Fans?

SabresFan

As suggested by my screen name I am obviously a die-hard Buffalo Sabres fan. Having missed an entire year off hockey, tonights NHL kickoff is like Christmas for me, I can't wait. I was curious if we have any othr hockey fans out there? If so, who is your favorite team? Who is your most hated team? Who is your favorite player? What is your favorite hockey memory/ moment?

I'll start:

Fav Team: Buffalo Sabres
Hated Team: Toronto Maple Leafs
Fav Player: Matt Barnaby/ Michael Peca

Favorite hocky moment: 1999 Playoffs against Toronto. Mike Peca exiting the penalty box in perfect time to land an absolutely devastating open ice hit on Mats Sundin. I nearly jumped throught the ceiling!

Go Sabres!!!!

RED WINGS!!!!

By chance, do you know if they are playing tonight?

gotta love it, specially after the "hiatus" last season.
Fav team: Detroit Red Wings
Fav Player (past): Gordie Howe
Fav Player(s) (pres):Steve Yzerman (goes to show an old man can still be an excellent player) & Nicklas Lidstrom
Most Hated team: Montreal Canadians (just because)
I am just looking foward to A hockey season this year, Go Wings!

Having grown up in Boston my team is of course the Boston Bruins.

My most hated team is the Montreal Canadiens along with the Philadelphia Flyers.

Favorite moment was the 1970 Stanley Cup finals when Bobby Orr scored the winning goal in overtime against the St Louis Blues.

To all of you hockey fans who never got to see Bobby Orr is his prime, he was the greatest player to ever lace up a pair of skates. People can say what they want about Gretsky, but Orr dominated the game like no other.

He could kill a penalty by himself without ever passing the puck. he was the greatest skater the game has ever seen. It was an honor to grow up in that time period in that city.

In still have my green and white Bobby Orr skates that were made by a company called Franklin Sporting Goods.

Good to see some other hockey fans out there. It seems as if were a dying breed.

Fav team - Phoenix Coyotes/St. Loius Blues
Can't stand Detroit - Sorry guys

Hey SabresFan: How do you like the import we sent you in Daniel Briere? I was so mad when we got rid of him.

Looking forward to tonight - I guess I better find where OLN is on Direct TV :D

Hey SabresFan: How do you like the import we sent you in Daniel Briere? I was so mad when we got rid of him.

Briere is just what the Sabres needed. Someone to step up and start making some plays. I think he's gonna have another big year. Thanks for throwing him our way, we needed it.

SabresFan said:

Briere is just what the Sabres needed. Someone to step up and start making some plays. I think he's gonna have another big year. Thanks for throwing him our way, we needed it.
[snapback]233902[/snapback]​

I agree, with the new rules...he should shine. Plus he is a really nice guy. My girlfriend used to cut his hair and he would bring his family by and hang out. I'm glad he went to a good place.

Hockey??? Whats that?
Ohh, its what got cancelled in favor of darts, billards, and curling on ESPN last year ;)

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Robbmt said:
LET'S GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]233913[/snapback]​

Echo! Most of my enthusiasm is temporarily (I guess) out of order.

Glad to see hockey is back.

Fav Teams: the NY Rangers and the Chicago Black Hawks
Fav Players: Do not really have one
Least Fav Team: Montreal Canadians

Hockey??? Whats that?
Ohh, its what got cancelled in favor of darts, billards, and curling on ESPN last year

A very, very sad fact. However Hockey is back with a new look and start. ESPN will soon realize that they made a very big mistake by not renewing the NHL TV contract.

HooRAH Hockey!
No teams up here other than an ECHL farm team for the St Louis Blues... the Anchorage Aces.

But sad as it is (and a long story) I like watching the Mighty Ducks... (I know, I know...)

LET'S GO WILD!

Two favorite teams: MN Wild and any team playing the Dallas Stars.

HooRAH Hockey!
No teams up here other than an ECHL farm team for the St Louis Blues... the Anchorage Aces.

Nothing wrong with watching ECHL hockey, my wife and I were season ticket holders for the Dayton Bombers of the ECHL. They play hard and tend to fight alot, what more could yah ask for.

Thanks for posting that, I didn't know they were playing again. I'm not a sports fan so I don't try to even keep up with it.

Being born and raised for my first 18 years in the New England area, (Maine & Massachusetts), I watched a lot of pro and semi pro hockey games with my dad. I certainly am glad to see it back again. I live in Texas now and like the Stars, but they are my second favorite team - I really like the Colorado Avalanche.

As far as having a favorite player, man, there are just to many to recognize as my favorite. Let's do this - Patrick Roy without a doubt is my all-time favorite goalie. Yeah, yeah, I know, he is/was a little asswipe in his personal life, but I can separate the two. Least favorite player has to be Dave Schultz of the old Flyer team. I realize every team has their so called policemen, but this guy was way over the top. He couldn't skate over 30 seconds before he took a cheap shot at whoever happened to be around him. And, because of him and his style of play, to this day, I still do not like the Flyers.

Big Sabres fan.
Hate Dallas
Hasek/Satan favorite players.

GO SABRES!