• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any LaLuna fans out there...?

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
Greetings. Ever since I got some in my nO0b sampler, I've been a fan of LaLuna cigars. I sent them an e-mail asking about the new Honduran made products and I got this reply from Gael:
Hey Tom,

Just got back from Honduras. I have LLNF anf LL V2 for sale if you are interested. All are medium - full body.

Package of 20:

La Luna Natural Fuerte

LLNF Luna de Luna 7 X 50 $59.95
LLNF "R" 4.5 X 50 $49.95
LLNF C4 5.75 X 42 $49.95
LLNF Colada 4 X 44 $49.95

La Luna V2

LL V2 SunGrown Climax 6 X 54 $59.95

Package 25:

LL V2 claro 5 X 44 (Coladas) $49.95

LMK, Gael
I've sure liked the LHB's so I'm interested in trying these as well.

My $00.02 about getting them is that the web page as an order entry device is pretty bad. It doesn't appear to update stock in real time and is quite often way out of date. However - every time I've called them up on the phone, I usually get to talk to Gael and in or out of stock isn't a question. My sticks have always shipped same day. He's a gentlemen and very professional to deal with in person.

Regards - B.B.S.

Glad to hear he's back and doing well. I've been waiting for 2 months for an order that I placed before he got sick down in Honduras. Guess I better call him.

Psyktek, it appears you aren't the only one waiting for an outstanding order. ???

I would be very hesitant to place an order with Gael / La Luna until all outstanding orders are shipped or refunded. :whistling:

I hear what you guys are saying; it's why I won't use the web page to order anymore. Everytime I've spoken to them in person on the phone, things have happened very quickly.

No excuses for the web page, though..... :(

B.B.S.

Just went to Gael's yesterday. Scott and I had the NF Luna de Luna. It was awesome. As for the unshipped orders, things got a little complicated for Gael when he got sick in Honduras. Seeing as how he almost died I would think he's entitled to a little slack, but that's just because I'm a La Luna whore and I have a very biased opinion. (well, at least I'm honest about it).

I would recommend calling him if you are waiting on an order or if you are looking to place an order. I know things got pretty hectic with him being out so long. He's leaving town to go see his doctor on Monday, but should be in next week.

ricmac25 said:
Just went to Gael's yesterday. Scott and I had the NF Luna de Luna. It was awesome.
...it's all Gators' fault. He was the bastage that hooked me up so amazingly with my nO0b sampler. Some LaLuna's were in the mix..... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.

ricmac25 said:
kevin7 said:
I smell a la luna type scam  in the making .............
[snapback]221138[/snapback]​

What does this mean?
[snapback]221141[/snapback]​

Kevin, I am not too sure I would be making a statement like that unless I followed it up with some serious backup information. I personally have never dealt when Gael but from what I understand he is a VERY standup guy and just got a little backed up almost dieing and all.

I would not hesitate to deal with him over the phone, I would just stay away from the web based ordering until things were straightened out.

Next month I will be placing an order if stock is good I have just blown my wad on smokes this month and it is only the 3rd. :whistling:

Yeah I prolly should have kept my mouth shut but there is a history of partners of Gael being shorted on their capital investment. Mike Banks has some interesting FIRST HAND knowledge and there is a strange thread or 3 on HP started by OP who works for Gael. I guess we asked too many questions and were excluded from the sale of the century. We all wished Gael a speedy rcovery but the being held hostage for 2000$ by the hospital is way over the top. A very upstanding BOTL from HP has had a personal friend not get his cigars that were ordered on July 12 (approx) but his credit card was dinged in July.

So BGarv3,I dont have a legal court presentation for you but as some of the dudes here who know me from boards know I tell stuff like it is. I dont have a big assed post count or huge cred here but I was just warning some peeps who don't know history.

BTW the cigars are great as I hvae smoked a lot of LL but remember he produces nothing but rather all LL are contract mode by others. Historically the best LL were made by Torano

K7

kevin7 said:
BTW the cigars are great as I hvae smoked a lot of LL but remember he produces nothing but rather all LL are contract mode by others. Historically the best LL were made by Torano

I can't speak of the first few things in the quote I don't know.

But this last line is definitely not true since Marta was making the V2's in Miami and he has since opened his own factory in Honduras. So that stuff is inaccurate. Yes Torano made cigars for La Luna. Not an unheard of relationship in the cigar business if I am not mistaken. To my knowledge, when he had torano making cigars, he (Gael) was the blender behind them. He subcontracted Torano if you will. I believe CAO had a similar relationship. So even if "Historically the best LL were made by Torano", IMO, Gael would be desrving of the credit for creating the blend.

Guess it was a Toraño robot dressed as Marta rolling cigars each time I stopped by La Luna. :sign:

psyktek, if you can't get this resolved with a phone call to Gael please post here. If this is more than a misplaced order we need to know. :(

If anyone else is having problems with La Luna factory orders please post them.

Brent

I placed an online order 1-2 months ago and haven't heard a thing back from La Luna. Since then, I did some reading on the whole Honduras fiasco, hope Gael's health is doing better and wish him a quick recovery. I didn't find it necessary to get all over them, yet, for not following up on my order. But since things are starting to get back to normal I suppose a phone call is in order.

:cool:

Just finished talking to Gael (he sounds 100%, btw). He has been in the hospital (as we knew) with dengue fever. Due to Katrina, his internet connection is, at best, intermittent. Also, of his 5 phone lines only one is working and it's ringing on what used to be his second line.

He is trying to download PayPal orders and fulfill them and he promised me delivery by next week.

Good to see things are being taken care of.

I pm'd Kevin for more info about what he was talking about but have not received an answer yet.

***edited for spelling

Here is a link from HP that I think K7 may be referring.

HP

BlindedByScience said:
ricmac25 said:
Just went to Gael's yesterday.  Scott and I had the NF Luna de Luna.  It was awesome. 
...it's all Gators' fault. He was the bastage that hooked me up so amazingly with my nO0b sampler. Some LaLuna's were in the mix..... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.
[snapback]221162[/snapback]​

Glad you enjoyed the sticks and I could fan the flames of your addiction :whistling:

I posted a couple of new reviews in the "Whatcha been smokin' lately" forum for your reading pleasure. That is if you haven't already gone and bought those particular sticks you LaLuna addict.

To comment on the current topic of this thread:
I can't speak for everyone's dealings with Gael/ LaLuna but I've personally had nothing but great business with Gael and other than the few rummors (not to say that they are completely false) of bad dealings like the couple here I've only heard other BOTLS say they were happy.

I'm sure now that Gael is well on his way to recovery anyone that has unfinished deals with LaLuna can simply call to clear them up.

Somebody slipped me La Luna someplace along the way , a Little Havana Blend Maduro Torpedo. I've only tried the one and really enjoyed that smoke.

Update: phone message has been left.

:cool: