• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Peloton Bike riders?

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
Just hot one
2 rides in

Like so far

T

How much shipped to you Tim? Monthly payments, etc.

Dunno, wife did all that but shipping and set was free

@jfields

Talked to the wife....with the monthly subscription to the content and the bike payment we pay about $110. Good thing is you can add as many riders for the same one price

Just be careful looking this up on your phone or other device....it will show up in your FB feed for the next 6 months :)

I don't have FB

I’d love to try it. Just not sure what real costs will be. Interested to know how you all end up liking it

I’ve been wondering about Peloton since I’ve seen the commercials. I want to get the treadmill for when it’s too dark or raining to run outside. I’d love to hear about the costs too.

So the bike cost is pretty straight forward, the bike + extras, there are equipment packages you can add, then the $40 a month for the digital subscription.

If you don't have cycle shoes that are Look Delta clips then you need those, Peloton has there own shoes that are reasonably price, and we added those in with the bike.

I have only done 2 rides, but so far so good.

Tim

$110 a month? For how long or do you rent it eternally?
Part of that is the bike, few years, but we will pay it off in less....the only long term payment is the 40 for the content

I assume you can ride without the content, if you're so inclined? After a subscription period is up.

Yes, the issue is the 22 invh tablet is Peloton OS. So you can't get other content on it, unless you can hack it.

But there is lots of other places to get on demand rides

Personally, I’d rather pay for the content than a gym membership. I’ve been more disciplined throughout the years about working out at home with equipment, over gym memberships I get locked into and never use.

If I’m correct, you can also use the program for personal trainers, not just bike riding?

Correct, you can do a trial membership on the app as well and see what they offer. The content is growing and becoming more diverse

We have a spin bike in the basement, have dvd's with ride content and spin classes. Does the same at a fraction of the price.

Did my 100th ride yesterday! Best investment I’ve ever made! I thought it would be a total waste of money. I was wrong!! I literally get out of bed, have a little pre workout drink and I’m ready to ride. Don’t have to drive anywhere and don’t have to talk to anyone.The music and trainers are top notch. I typically burn 500 to 600 calories in 30 minutes. I have also gained muscle in my legs and can tell my cardiovascular health is way better. My blood pressure is way down. Worth the investment!

My wife and my eleven year old daughter use it as well!

Personally, I’d rather pay for the content than a gym membership. I’ve been more disciplined throughout the years about working out at home with equipment, over gym memberships I get locked into and never use.

If I’m correct, you can also use the program for personal trainers, not just bike riding?

My wife does the strength and yoga sometimes! The rides are awesome and the bike is very well built!

Did my 100th ride yesterday! Best investment I’ve ever made! I thought it would be a total waste of money. I was wrong!! I literally get out of bed, have a little pre workout drink and I’m ready to ride. Don’t have to drive anywhere and don’t have to talk to anyone.The music and trainers are top notch. I typically burn 500 to 600 calories in 30 minutes. I have also gained muscle in my legs and can tell my cardiovascular health is way better. My blood pressure is way down. Worth the investment!

My wife and my eleven year old daughter use it as well!

This is the key to any piece of exercise equipment. If you use it and are motivated to use it then it is worth the price. Unfortunately most home equipment becomes dust collectors.