• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any suggestions for a creamy medium smooth cigar!

dlomonosov

Banned
This is my first post here. I have read a few reviews on a reviews section and finding this forum to be very helpful and love posters that post nice pics of the cigars they smoke, good stuff. I have been smoking on and off for years and after not smoking for about 3 years got back into it. Found many review site, went on CA website and wrote down a few top rated above 90 smokes to try out, plus read some reviews and have a nice list of smokes to try. I know CA reviews of their top 35 cigars each year are more or less full body smokes. I like mild to medium ones for now, that are not harsh and are very smooth and creamy. Here is what I tried recently:

AF Anejo Torpedo - was too strong for me, bit the tongue and was too harsh
Padron 4000 - was too harsh as well, not as strong, not smooth, draw was unreal
Rocky Patel vintage 1990 robusto - by far the best for me stick I smoked in awhile, smooth, medium, not harsh any suggestions?
H. Upmann vintage cameron 44 gage - smooth, not harsh, but did not do anything for me, i will try belicoso next
Montecristo Dark 444 - i had them in my humidor for 5 years. nice, smooth, just ok, Paet was better by far
Leon Jeminies lancero - did not do anything for me, not strong, harsher the 444 on the tongue..

Any suggestions on a good punch cutter to make a nice smooth hole on non-torpedo smokes?

Try the Padron 2000 Maduro....It gets even better (smoother) if you let it sit for a minimum of six months.
Devil's Weed Raleigh is a very nice, creamy smoke. You can get a good deal on these right now.

Swiss Army makes a nice knife with a punch cutter. It has different size holes to fit your cigar/preference.

Why don't you go over to the introduce yourself forum and tell us a little about yourself, like where your from, etc. We'd love to get to know you and hope you stick around. You'll learn a lot about that smoke your looking for.

Welcome to CP from West Virginia!

IMO i would have to recommend a Oliva Serie G Cammy :thumbs: Good flavor great price point too ;) A good cigar to start your day with!

Agree with Jfields about the Intro Thread Section. Just Do it! :)
As for a cigar, Ashton VSG.

I found the Fuente King T to be a very nice mild/medium smoke with lots of creaminess. It's a tad overpriced but I still thought it enjoyable.

Med. and creamy my vote will be for a Taboo Twist. I was once a mild to med smoker and they seemed to do it very nicely. If you need their website just pm me.

A lot of great suggestions! I like Ashton and Ashton Cabinet, Devil's Weed, second shelf Fuente's.
Cabaiguan Original line.

I've found the Davidoff 2000 to be fantastically mild and creamy, but thats if you can find them.

Definitely venture over to the Introduction forum and post a thread.

I had one Cabaiguan about a year ago and it was delicious. They're a bit pricey for me, however, and I haven't had another since.

Padrons are amazing, as well as many Oliva cigars.

thank you all for responses. Will try some of these..

what is the 2nd shelf A Fuente? Is it the Chateau or the Sungrown?

it is in the low 40s in florida. Hard to smoke and relax in this weather. This Wed on will be in high 60's. I have a few I bought and waiting to try.

Smoked Oliva Series V Torpedo on Fri with some Cab after a Portehouse dinner. It is in top 25 CA rated cigars 2 years in the row. Wow, it was smooth, medium to me, eventhough rated Full body. I really liked it, and the price is Cheap! This one and Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Robusto are my 2 latest favorites!!

Currently in my Humidor to Try:
Montecristo White - white court tube/corona
Romeo & Julietta - Anniversario Robusto
Casa Magna Carona
Montecristo Dark 444 - aged 5 years
Leon Jeminies - Longsdale aged 3 years

Good advice so far...I've found the Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne series to be a mild and creamy smoke. If you like the RP Vintage, his Connecticut series is a mild one that you may enjoy. I bet if you made an intro post and updated your profile with your addy someone may be willing to send you a couple to try...

DJ

I would recommend the AVO classic or XO. It's a bit more mild than medium, but they are pretty good. I prefer them fuller nowadays, though.

I would recommend the AVO classic or XO. It's a bit more mild than medium, but they are pretty good. I prefer them fuller nowadays, though.
X2. AVO's don't get mentioned a lot, but they are a high quality, very smooth smoke. I have a few in the humidor and I like them a lot.

Devil's Weed Raleigh is a very nice, creamy smoke. You can get a good deal on these right now.

Wow you ain't kidding! I've never had a Devil's Weed but might have to give an entire box a try now lol.

nice.. yes, AVOs are on my list as well to try.. I think I tried them years ago and they were great. Need to re try. I will post the intro post. good idea..

thank you all for responses. Will try some of these...........

what is the 2nd shelf A Fuente? Is it the Chateau or the Sungrown?

Sorry, yes, as opposed to what I would call thier top shelf. Those would be the Don Carlos, Hemingway, Opus, and Anejo. I suppose the Chateau or Sungrown could even be 3rd down as I failed to remember the Don Carlos Anni, AF 13, etc.

As much as I hate to recommend a Drew........Chateau Real are very smooth and creamy and priced right IMO as well.

PJ

Edited for spelling