• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any vodka drinkers out there?

{tpc}

Professional Poker Tournament Loser
Anyone enjoy a vodka drink with a good cigar? I've taken a liking to vodka and lime juice, known around here as a gimlet....just wondering if anyone else enjoys these as well, or any suggestions on brand?

I usually go for three olives for an everyday sort of thing, because while it costs less then absolute it tastes better in my opinion. Other than that I enjoy Grey Goose, Belvedere, Ketel one...etc.

You just hit all my favorites. 3 Olives is my everyday choice as well. Smirnoff is also a good everyday mixing vodka.

The ones I do not care for are:

Stoli
SKY
Absolute

On summer evenings, I enjoy a tall vodka and tonic with 2 big pieces of lime.

There is a pretty new vodka out there called ZYR

Its pretty hard to find, but it blows Goose out of the water. I love a nice cool vodka and club soda with a twist of lime....I keep a bottle in the freezer at all times.

Ketel One and a a bit of olive juice shaken over ice. If you get a jar of awesome beefy flavored hot peppers, substitute the juice from them for the olive juice. yummmmmmmmmmmmm

I went through a vodka martini phase about 2 years ago. I've tried almost all the better vodkas out there and can't really taste much difference between them except for Chopin, which I can pick out of a line up every time.

I tend to drink more Belvedere than the others so I guess it's my favorite, although if someone filled a Belvedere bottle with Skyy I doubt I could tell the difference.

There is a French vodka called Ciroc that is distilled from grapes. I couldn't taste the difference but maybe you can. Some of you may remember a few years ago 60 Minutes or one of those news shows gathered a panel of so called experts together that claimed Grey Goose was their vodka of choice. During the blind taste test pretty much all of them picked a much cheaper vodka as their favorite. It seems like it was Smirnoff's. Lol

My vodka martini recipe is simple.

Pour 3-4 oz of your favorite vodka in a shaker over ice. Pour just enough vermouth into your martini glass to cover the surface when swirled, then dump out the remainer that doesn't stick to the sides. After shaking the shaker cup for about 30 seconds strain and pour the chilled vodka into the glass and top with 2 olives. SALUTE!

Ketel One and a a bit of olive juice shaken over ice. If you get a jar of awesome beefy flavored hot peppers, substitute the juice from them for the olive juice. yummmmmmmmmmmmm

You ruined me for Grey Goose Jeff.....................Ketel One for me now. :love:

You folks should read this.

As an aside, I took some Gray Goose to Russia with me last time and the reaction was along the lines of...."What is this crap"

I have some Russian vodka you can't buy here, Stoli Crystal, Ciroc and Smirnoff Silver in the house if that means anything. The Ciroc is the only sweet vodka I had....interesting stuff.

Every now and then I will pour some stoli elite or Belvedre, and squeeze in a couple of drops of a clementine, these are always a nice change of pace drink and very enjoyable.

Thanks for the comments! I will probably put a few of them to the test. I tryed the vodka and olive juice thing once, and it kinda made me sick. But then again, I was drinking all night with my cousin, and ran out of lime juice, so she made the last one with olive juice, but I am thinking it was a bit too much olive juice...

I want to try this zyr and ciroc stuff. Maybe I'll pick some up tonight.

You need to try Tito's. It's made here in Austin in pot stills, distilled 4 times, and is rated among the best in production. It's very inexpensive.

here

Not really a fan of Ciroc, but then again I'm not very impressed by Goose either. I think that the quality for Goose has gone down as its popularity goes up. For my money I think belv, chopin, and stoli elite are the way to go. For the cheap I think Stoli is decent. Although a lot of people seem to like Kettle, I feel that there is a slight flavor to it that I don't enjoy.

I drink premium vodkas only two ways... on the rocks or mixed with water on the rocks. And I definitely prefer Swedish vodkas (Absolut, Level, & Skyy) over the French & Russian vodkas. But I have strange taste, because I think vanilla ice cream is the best kind there could ever be.

When mixing for screwdrivers or bloody marys, any brand'll do from the Stoli, Smirnoff types. But you can leave the Kamchatka stuff in the basement.

Well I was thinking of picking up some of the suggestions here tonight, however I left the house without checking the thread so the only thing that came to mind was ciroc, zyr, and titos. I wasn't feeling up to spending all the money on ciroc right now, and I wanted a 5th of something, so that cancelled that. the local store didn't have zyr either, so that left me at titos. However I couldn't remember if it was truly called "titos" or not, and they actually did have it!

So I ended up back at 3 olives. lol more to come later...

I too prefer Ciroc, as it is a touch sweet. That totally is against the purist vodka drinker though. I have also found that The Jewel of Russia is far superior to the goose, belvedere, etc.

To continue with where I was going last night....I ended up back at 3 olives because it is my everyday vodka. But I think I am going to try titos next, since they do have it. I may have to try ciroc and some of the others at some point, but at the rate I was losing at cards last night, I will have to hold off awhile lol.

You folks should read this.

As an aside, I took some Gray Goose to Russia with me last time and the reaction was along the lines of...."What is this crap"

I have some Russian vodka you can't buy here, Stoli Crystal, Ciroc and Smirnoff Silver in the house if that means anything. The Ciroc is the only sweet vodka I had....interesting stuff.

Wow! That's interesting Ray.....I keep Smirnoff at the cabin for making bloody marys, and Ketel One for martinis.........but hey, a good sipping taste test is always fun! It didn't say which Smirnoff, they make several.

My nod goes to Vox from the Netherlands; 5x distilled. Really smooth with a nice clean finish. On standby is Grey Goose. Has anyone tried Siku? It's one of those glacial Vodkas from the Netherlands; also 5x.

It was the standard Smirnoff red, 80 proof.

Wow! That's interesting Ray.....I keep Smirnoff at the cabin for making bloody marys, and Ketel One for martinis.........but hey, a good sipping taste test is always fun! It didn't say which Smirnoff, they make several.