• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anybody Bowl?

I really can't believe that so few people bowl now-a-days. We just finished up our mixed doubles league and I finally got my own bowl and learned to throw a hook. That was about the half way point in the season and I was 120 average before and would have been in the 180's for the second half.

I can bowl...
the_big_lebowski_jesus-resize.jpg

Seriously though- I'm way better if I'm drunk. I have no idea why. For that reason I think league playing is a no-no for me.

EDIT- and I SLAY at Wii Bowling! I've only lost a couple of times and I play it everytime I go to my friends or my brothers. They all hate me.

Bowled on the college team and have league bowled forever. I look at bowling now as filler time between golf seasons. Our league banquet is this Thursday. Golf league starts next Thursday. What a perfect world.

I love bowling always have and always will. I bet if I would have stuck with it I would have been pretty damn good. I was bowling around the 190-220 range as a 13 year old. My bowling mate at the time became the youngest to bowl a 300 at 12, in Ohio. (maybe broken now). But then football got in the way. When I bowl now-a-days I still can get around 170-200 after one practice game. If any of you in the area want to bowl, let me know.

David

edit to fix numbers after going back and looking at my scores.

I've bowled for years, yet I'm not all that good. Only carry ~180 avg. I have 4 bowling balls too. Lol.

Now this is thread resurrection at its finest! I too, have 4 bowling balls.

Started the first week of my summer scratch league last night. Peterson scoring system, it's a doubles format where you bowl 2 games on one pair against one team then move to a different pair for 2 more games and a different team. Did it last summer, it was a blast. Anyway, shot 901 for 4 games. Only shot a 160 the last game, :whistling: I was exhausted because I didn't get a chance to eat dinner!!!

I have been bowling since I was like 3. Yes, I am from WI the home of beer, brats and bowling. I am on two leagues. I have about a 178 average. I tend to win the high average women. :) My grandpa taught me using the "potty" shot. Now I use some ball I found at the store that was drilled for someone else. Not sure the poundage on it either. My highest game to date was a 228.

My grandpa used to bowl before he started to get Alzheimer's over the past few years. That's really hard to watch. Anyways thats not the point, even in his old age he was averaging about 220-230 per game. When he was younger he said he averaged like 260. Apparantly he was good enough to play on the PBA tour, but he did not want to travel and be away from his family constantly. Thus he never did it, he was just that local guy that people wanted to beat.

Unfortunately, I inherited none of that skill. I haven't gone recently, but when I did go consistently I only averaged about 120. Not very good.