• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anybody else think the McAngus at McDonalds sucked?

McDonald's is what it is. If you're expecting some great burger, well, that's your own fault. I like McDonald's the same way I like Taco Bell. Tasty, cheap grub. The sausage & egg McMuffin is their best item.

You nailed it. Those angus burgers sucked. I also had the bacon version and thought it was not worth it at all. I'm normally a 2 cheeseburgers meal guy.

BK makes a decent angus burger with garlic mashed potatos on it. Not bad, actually. Fattening as hell but all things in moderation.

I don't mind Culver's butter burgers if we're eating fast food.

The trouble is my kids are Smackdonalds fiends. So if you're on the road and need some grub, that's pretty much the only option. I've noticed that different locations salt their burgers & fries differently. The McD's by my house is fine but the one across town is so salty I couldn't finish.

Bill

I don't eat fast food, but McDonald's sucks!:sign: My wife has celiac disease...(allergic to wheat, barley, rye products). McDonald's french fries are the furthest away from a potato as possible. They are filled with junk 9.5/10th's junk and .5 potato. Makes you wonder what else they put in their food...

Just my .02 cents.
-ree

MackyD's = slow suicide, as do most of the other processed dead cow joints.

I love my own burgers, and just about any other cow / hen / pig products prepared properly.

Angus, shmangus. It doesn't matter whether it was Angus, Hereford or Charlet. It's how the critter was raised and what condition it was in when it was butchered. I suspect MacDonald's Angus, like most of their beef, are cutters and canners. Yuck!

Doc.

On the rare occasions I eat junk food, the bacon cheeseburger at Whataburger is how I roll. ;)

But I will admit that back when McDeath had that damn "McCajun Crispy Chicken" sandwich on the dollar menu, I rolled through the drive thru for a whole bag of 'em more'n once. That was one tasty sandwich.

~Boar

I avoid McD's as best I can. I don't know if I've ever taken my boys there and don't plan to. We generally hit Wendy's if we are doing major fast food chain, but normally go to Backyard Burger, which is kind of a regional chain (I think). The best burgers by far are either your own or those little local places. I especially like the ones with grease dripping off the wall.

We call it McPoison around my house. :whistling:

On "soap box"

If we all want to do ourselves a favor we would avoid fast food all together. Probably live a lot longer to smoke many more cigars. JMO of course. It costs more of course and is for sure, a bigger pain in the ass. But waaay worth I think!

off "soap box"

Thanks for you attention to this Public Service Announcement!

PJ

If you want a good fast food burger, hit up In N Out Burger. They make their burgers with 100% real beef and fresh products. Their french fries are cut from potatoes there at the kitchen. They even make a protein burger (burger w/out the bun) for my celiac wife. And, she can even eat the fries! Unfortunately, In N Out is only in SoCal, Las Vegas and AZ...

Had it today and for the >$4 I spent on the burger by itself, I woulda been more satisfied with 4 mcdoubles

I tried it last weekend. It sucked IMO. It was very bland. The Quarter Pounder is still the Champ for me. It's been around for decades, and still delivers.

You know what's pretty pathetic.....Here in Miami, FL, there aren't those other options like Hardees, In n out burger, Culvers, Whataburger, Sonic. We have none of those. This thread is more depressing than I thought. I want my options damn it!

The Carl's Junior six dollar burger is the best fast food burger out there. (Hardee's for you east coasters) In-N-Out makes a good burger as well but you have to get at least a double to taste the beef. I like that they will grill the onions if you ask. I used to really like Whataburger until I discoverd Carl's Junior.

There is a chain on Nevada called Fat Burger that a lot of people rave about.

I do like me some McDonald's once in a while so maybe my opinion is tainted. :blush:

The Carl's Junior six dollar burger is the best fast food burger out there. (Hardee's for you east coasters) In-N-Out makes a good burger as well but you have to get at least a double to taste the beef. I like that they will grill the onions if you ask. I used to really like Whataburger until I discoverd Carl's Junior.

There is a chain on Nevada called Fat Burger that a lot of people rave about.

I do like me some McDonald's once in a while so maybe my opinion is tainted. :blush:

Fatburger is a good burger. When I go to Cali to visit relatives, it's usually a fast food tour which includes In-N-Out, Fatburger, and Carl's Jr.

If any of you are looking to try the McAngus, there's a coupon for a med soda and med fries with the purchase of a McAngus:

http://cdn1.eyewonder.com/200125/poc/McDonalds/Angus/landingpage.html

Its mcdonnolds, what do you expect? Thats like trying the "all new super premium cigar" from White Owl haha.
I stopped eating their food early in childhood. The Wife is addicted to their new coffee lines, and ill have to admit its not too shabby.
When it comes to burgers chains, Wendys in my favorite by far. Reminds me most of a "homemade" burger. Ive tried Krystal's by under reccomendation from my father in law who grew up in Brooklyn. Didnt see what the craze was all about.

This question is disturbing. I don't eat fast food burgers, they don't make them to order and they all taste like shit. In a pinch I will do In n Out but VERY rarely (like twice a decade).

I've been trying to eat better and be a little healthier but I fell to the temptation. I had a coupon for free fries and drink with the purchase of the new burger. Even with that deal it wasn't worth the trip.

You know what's pretty pathetic.....Here in Miami, FL, there aren't those other options like Hardees, In n out burger, Culvers, Whataburger, Sonic. We have none of those. This thread is more depressing than I thought. I want my options damn it!

Agreed. Miami is a fast food wasteland. Enough McDump's, Burger Kings, and Taco Bells to feed an army and little else. I like Pollo Tropical as much as the next guy, but it doesn't make up for the absence of anything you've listed above--to say nothing of the fact that you omitted White Castle.

I know it makes me sound like a Philistine, but I've found myself occasionally contemplating driving to Naples just to get Sonic, and I don't even really like Sonic that much--all I want is a change of pace when it comes to fast food junk.