• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone else pick up a Xoom?

DePasta

Stop it! That tickles!
So far I am digging it. Not a ton of apps yet, but I expect many to come.

Let me know how it goes for you. Debating xoom vs next gen iPad if Uncle Sam gives me a nice Refund :)

Are these available only at Verizon? I heard there is not a WIFI only version. I just got an IPad and love it!

Picked one up yesterday morning from Costco, and so far it hasn't failed to impress. All my existing apps work and sync as they should, the tablet is lightning fast, and I am currently coming up on 17 hours of near continuous wifi enabled use...showing 9% battery life remaining (about 14 hours of active use, mobile radio off). Neither the Motion tablet nor ipad has satisfied me this fully. If it were a redhead, I would marry it, or at least make it breakfast.

Edit: Wifi only version as well as hspa+ are already announced, listed on the Motorola website, but it will be a few months.

Yeah, some apps blow up, with others you can tell that they are stretched and don't use all the tablets real estate. I think many will get updated quickly. The speed is amazing and the touch accuracy is unbelievable. Also I am getting used to the desktop, but keep discovering little things I can do. This is the closest I have seen as a replacement for a net book/laptop, I will probably grab a docking station and bluetooth keyboard t some point.

verizon, Best Buy, and Costco have as of now,I am sure it is out there elsewhere.

I'm seriously considering one. Only thing holding me back is how unimpressed I am with the data packages offered.

Until one has a Windows X OS, color me unimpressed. IMO, they're over-sized "Iphones" and "Droids" without calling capabilities.

Nah, Apple is higher on my poopoolist than M$. I'm keeping an eye on this since there are rumors of AT&T getting the Xoom later this year.

Until one has a Windows X OS, color me unimpressed. IMO, they're over-sized "Iphones" and "Droids" without calling capabilities.

My Motion tablet has Windows 7, and I love it but it is several pounds heavier and I am lucky to get 9 hours with both batteries. It is at a point I feel I have to sell it as it doesn't suit my needs.

Yeah, some apps blow up, with others you can tell that they are stretched and don't use all the tablets real estate.

The Bank of America app is the worst so far. It doesn't even bother stretching! :laugh:

What's MSRP on these?

Edit when I went to the website and saw the price ... $800 ... no way.

Does it have flash? From what I've heard its debateable if it does, so...let me know. Thanks!

Adobe wasn't finished at the time of firmware packaging, but the update is already scheduled for just a few weeks. This delay was on Adobe's end.

$800 is a bit steep. At the rate the overtime is coming in, might give it thought.

Then again, I've spoke. It will slow down now...

I'm looking into one of the cheaper models. A "no name" brand that I plan to just use for games, web browsing, and reading.