• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone ever dealt with Post Concussion Syndrome Before

Sorry to hear about your current condition Brian. Hope the doc will be able to shed some light on your situation, just remember that recovery from head trauma is a very slow process. Keep your spirits up and don't rush yourself to get better, as it will just make the recovery process longer.

not being funny, but did you write down all your questions for your appointment today?

I hope you have a quick recovery !!!

not being funny, but did you write down all your questions for your appointment today?

I hope you have a quick recovery !!!

My wife is going with me and she wrote them down so that I would not forget any.

I hope you didn't forget that box of Sir Winstons you were going to gift me.

Doc

I have no insight to share with you but wanted to wish you well on a speedy recovery. I'm glad to hear your wife is going with you today.

Listen to your doctor and take it easy. Every case is different.

Take care of yourself and be careful. Remember, brain trauma is often cumulative and some effects of the injury may not show up right away.

I've dealt with this sort of thing for a lot of years. I hope your recovery goes well.

Good on you Jonesy, you'll be better soon enough. I'm sort of thinking about smacking my noggin', I could afford to lose a few pounds!

Brian,

Very sorry to hear about the accident. At least you weren't too badly hurt. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Rod

Sorry to hear about your accident and injury. get well my friend and take care of that brain, brian. :)

Get better soon! Sh**, if I could lose that kinda weight I just may leave my mask at home next time I head to the rink.

Sorry to hear that you've been going through all this, Brian. Here's hoping your questions get answers you can settle yourself with.

Jonsey, if you want the information on the insurance aspects of this, please drop a private note. It is from direct involvement and the events after it with respect to several areas you should be made aware of regarding your and their insurance. Document every ache and pain, see a doctor and stay in. Your coverage should take care of this. Thankfully you are alive and up.

[sup]So, come on Brian...............What did the (for pay) Doc say?[/sup]

I hate to speculate, but from reading about his symptoms, I suspect he may have been admitted.

Doc

The Doc said symptoms are person to person as how they respond to them. He set me up with Physical Therapy for my neck and gave me some meds that have knocked me on my ass. He ended up putting me out of work untils AT LEAST may the 21st with a follow up visit with him on the 16th to re evaluate me and my symptoms.

Good luck buddy, hope you don't have any lasting effects. I've had 5 or 6 concussions, but none were as severe as yours sounds. Mine were all from sports, not a 3000# steel mass hitting me. Don't mess with the gray matter, get it checked out and take care of it.

Scary stuff--glad your neurologist didn't find reason to panic.

Keep a Sharpie and a few notecards in your pocket for a while. Use one notecard to keep track of the dates, times, and frequencies you find yourself forgetting something, losing balance, or experiencing any other symptoms. Share the details with your doctor and your lawyer.

Use another card to help yourself remember things by jotting down ideas, things to do, reminders, etc.

Cancel that end of the schoolyear trip to Carowinds you had planned.