• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone here a bowhunter?

I would stick to an introductory priced bow. No need to spend close to or over $1,000 for a potential closet bow.
I started two guys in archery last year by loaning them a bow. They eventually purchased UX2 bows from the Mission line of bows made by Mathews. Mission provided a line of bows in the lower price point of $600 or less. http://missionarchery.com/mission-bows.asp

I don't know, Tom... Are you sure there's room for a bow in Evan's closet?

If you want to practice swing over to AZ.. "Bow and Arrow" is one of the "Lawful Taking Devices" for Dove and Band Tailed Pigeons here...

Those bird arrows are strange, I don't get how those little loops catch a bird, I'll have to try it out in my back yard or something and see.

It's not made to "catch" the bird. The shock from the hit kills the bird. The wire hoops help control flight and make it easier to hit. You also need to have some arrows equipped with flu flu feathers to keep the arrow from going too far.
B

Evan, be careful of the company that you keep if you start getting into the bowhunting arts. We apparently have people named Spivy that try to kill people with arrows around here: Linky

TJ, I think you're missing the big picture here. E has not killed himself...yet. I think that has to be considered a huge success, independent of whether or not he ever kills an animal on purpose with it.

haha. I went pig hunting last month, I didn't kill anything though. I'm not sure when I'm going back up there again, hopefully sooner rather than later. Eventually I'll be going deer hunting also when the season opens back up.

I would say I average about 700 shots a month right now, I was shooting over a thousand a month before I went hunting. Practice really makes a difference!

Looks kind of like this, except in blue.

2010-09-03-flowers-and-arrows-003.png

Actually, looks a lot like that, technique and all.