• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone know how many cartons of cigarettes...

slevy007

The Broke Smoker & 2006 Ash Standing Champion!
Hey boys and girls,

Does anyone know how many cartons of cigarettes someone can bring back when visiting another state on vacation by driving? Stupid question that came to mind..

We here in NH encourage you to buy all the cigarettes you want. Hell, we even lowered the tax.

Doc

yeah, but legally? say NY-NJ-PA-DE-MD

no just concerned if I get stopped, i guess. idk

Unless you fit the profile of a drug mule, I wouldn't be too concerned. :laugh:

Doc

Stuff them in the spare tire... ;)

This thread reminds me of Beverly hills cop when Eddie Murphy is trying to sell the stolen truck of cigarettes...LOL

Like doc said if it was an issue there would be a shit load of people from MA going to jail daily crossing back into MA from NH with cars and trucks loaded with booze, cigars, and cigarettes!

This says 400 sticks......
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_cartons_of_cigarettes_can_you_bring_into_NY_state_from_another_state

As far as I know, we still can travel freely between states without checkpoints or having to produce papers. I don't think you have to worry, lol:D

You'll need someone in a Trans Am to run interference for you. I'd be happy to do that for you as I hate the Burdettes. Make sure your CB starts at Channel 1 and we'll switch up to the next odd numbered channel every hour.

A young college kid could make beer money this way. Not saying that's what I did, just that the profit margin is there .

two cartons but if you bring more and get caught you just have to pay the taxes for the rest.

You'll need someone in a Trans Am to run interference for you. I'd be happy to do that for you as I hate the Burdettes. Make sure your CB starts at Channel 1 and we'll switch up to the next odd numbered channel every hour.

No no that's for Coors, not cigarettes. Honestly I don't know what car you need for interference when hauling cigarettes. Maybe Snowman would know?? ???

Trunk them. You should never open your trunk for anyone..That's a couple hundred cartons easy.

I assume this applies to cigarettes too, but here in PA a lot of folks cross the border into NJ or DE to buy booze. Right across the border in DE there is huge Beer/Wine/Liquor store. There was an article in the paper about PA State Police sitting in the parking lot and recording PA plates and then stopping those cars when the crossed the border (via I95). The Troopers actually responded to the article saying they did not care what private citizens brought back for personal consumption. The only efforts they made were to stop commercial entities from illegally importing cheep booze resale (specifically restaurants and smaller bars).

I assume this applies to cigarettes too, but here in PA a lot of folks cross the border into NJ or DE to buy booze. Right across the border in DE there is huge Beer/Wine/Liquor store. There was an article in the paper about PA State Police sitting in the parking lot and recording PA plates and then stopping those cars when the crossed the border (via I95). The Troopers actually responded to the article saying they did not care what private citizens brought back for personal consumption. The only efforts they made were to stop commercial entities from illegally importing cheep booze resale (specifically restaurants and smaller bars).
Mass. state police did the same thing around 5yrs or so ago here at one of the border stores. The NH state police showed up and told them to leave. That was the end of it. We take care of our out of state customers, because without them we'd have little revenue. Booze, Bets and Butts is how we finance things around here.

Doc

And Im East Bound and Down!