• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone know what these cigars are worth?

ImSmokingAgain

Hi this is my first post so I will give you a little background. I recently got into Poker and in doing so bought a 100ct humidor for the nights the fellas are to get together. Little did I know that in buying a humidor I would get bit by the cigar bug, the next few weeks I spent trying to fill it with the highest grade cigars I could afford/find. A few days ago I was on the phone with my Uncle who is a cigar enthusiast he told me he was going to send me a present and a few days later in the mail came a two boxes of Cubans one of them was a box of Cohiba esplendidos 35th aniversary and the other was a box of Partagas Salomons. If you need pitures I could post some. I wanted to see what these are worth so I can send an appropriate thank you gift back to him. any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

edited in pictures
These are the Partagas. I opened them and stuck them in the humidor thats why the box is empty
DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

Here is the box of Cohibas. I dont have any pictures of the actual cigars because I havent opened them.
DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

Hi this is my first post so I will give you a little background. I recently got into Poker and in doing so bought a 100ct humidor for the nights the fellas are to get together. Little did I know that in buying a humidor I would get bit by the cigar bug, the next few weeks I spent trying to fill it with the highest grade cigars I could afford/find. A few days ago I was on the phone with my Uncle who is a cigar enthusiast he told me he was going to send me a present and a few days later in the mail came a two boxes of Cubans one of them was a box of Cohiba esplendidos 35th aniversary and the other was a box of Partagas Salomons. If you need pitures I could post some. I wanted to see what these are worth so I can send an appropriate thank you gift back to him. any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Pics please...... they are the most counterfeited cigars

Yep, we need pics. Also, it would be nice if you posted an intro in the appropriate forum.

The intro forum is here, click on New Topic to introduce yourself.

Then send the boxes over to me for inspection, if they are fakes I'll
send them back :laugh: J/K. The guys will help with pics as mentioned.

Brian

Sorry guy,

whether or not your uncle knows it, he sent you absolute 100% fakes.

Tell him thanks for the cigars.

But don't worry about their "value", because while it was a generous action on his part (if he didn't know they were fugazi) they ain't worth nothin...

Yeah as the others said... sad to say they are fakes.

However you do need to let him know. You could also talk him into joining so he can learn to protect himself in the future.

Sorry to say, but I think they are fakes too. The striped cohiba is suspicious. As for there others, wondering why there are extra stickers.

The bad news is that these are most certainly fakes. The good news is that some might be half decent smokes depending on how good the roller was and what he had to work with. Not factory good mind you but perhaps decent.

There are SO many things wrong with those boxes it's not even funny BUT as AVB pointed out, they may not be a bad smoke, just not legit (or probably anywhere near the level of the two represented smokes).

Smoke 'em!

~Mark

It might be helpful to our new friend if someone would go through the reasons (or at least the four or so most glaring) that these are most likely fakes.
Hell, I'd like to know how I did in spotting them.

It might be helpful to our new friend if someone would go through the reasons (or at least the four or so most glaring) that these are most likely fakes.
Hell, I'd like to know how I did in spotting them.

I smell a CONTEST! :thumbs:

The 35th anniversary Cohibas would have the special 35th anniversary band on the cigars, not the Edicion Limitada sticker. Also as far as I know, there are no "barber-pole" Cohibas.

You are in an awkward place right now.

If you get on well with your uncle and he is approachable, then
it may be easy to discuss what he sent you. Keep in mind, you said
that he and I quote - "Uncle who is a cigar enthusiast" would therefore
know cigars and in this instance, is aware of what he sent you.

On the other hand - he may be a self proclaimed "enthusiast" and is
unaware that these are fakes.

Good luck :) Please let us know the outcome.

Brian

Why does it matter what they are worth? They were given to you by your Uncle, as a gift. Smoke 'em and enjoy 'em.

Being gifted cigars isn't about the price or value of those cigars, it's about the effort and time you put into the gift back to him. Send him cigars you enjoy, include some scotch or other alcohol you like and maybe some coffee. He'll be just as impressed that you took the time to bomb him back, then with what you send.

SCAM Alert. I think this guy is scamming this board.
I could have sworn that I saw your posts somewhere else with the same question. Are you trying to pawn these cigars off by acting like you have no idea what they are and hoping someone will try to buy them off of you.

1. The stamp on the back of the 35th anniversary Cohibas is from 06. Sorry to tell you but 06 was the 40th anniversary. Fake right there.

2. The stamp on the partagas solomon was also from 06 and Partagas did not release any Solomons this year.

3. The candy striped Cohiba anniversary cigar was released by the counterfeiters months before the Habanos Festival even took place.