• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe

That sounds delicious.  I am going to have to remember to make a batch of this for Halloween.  Sounds like a perfect beverage to share while lugging the little Hooligans around the neighborhood. 

Thanks for sharing...  

Greggj77 said:
Sounds like a perfect beverage to share while lugging the little Hooligans around the neighborhood. 

Don't mix it up with the warm cider served on Halloween for the kids...this stuff will turn them into REAL Hooligans! 

This was a big hit last night. Thanks for the great recipe Gary.

Got a batch cooling right now

will not be super clear because I used unfiltered cider, but hope it taste good!

Does it need to age?

T

MX said:
Got a batch cooling right now

will not be super clear because I used unfiltered cider, but hope it taste good!

Does it need to age?

T

Nice! I use unfiltered apple cider as well and it's cloudy, but that's really no big deal. I think the unfiltered cider gives it a better flavor. Plus, all the homemade versions I've ever tried aren't clear at all. No need to age it either, we drink it right away. The peach on the other hand needs to sit for a few weeks so the flavors meld.together.

Let us know how it turns out.

It was a hit at the Halloween party last night.

If I go the 1/2 batch route again, I might up the juice by a few cups, it was a tad bit on the burn your nose side...lol
Also added some fresh apple slices when I bottled it. Had a few people offer to buy a bottle.....that really got a chuckle out of me.

Thanks for the post Gary.....might drop some cherries in a jar and see what gives.

Tim

MX said:
It was a hit at the Halloween party last night.

If I go the 1/2 batch route again, I might up the juice by a few cups, it was a tad bit on the burn your nose side...lol
Also added some fresh apple slices when I bottled it. Had a few people offer to buy a bottle.....that really got a chuckle out of me.

Thanks for the post Gary.....might drop some cherries in a jar and see what gives.

Tim

Funny thing Tim, I was going to go in the opposite direction and add a bit more alcohol to give it a little extra kick!  :laugh:

You can always add a little distilled water to the Everclear to tone it down a hair. 

I just need to tone one down for the Wife....

Also, adding the cherries, added some sweetness that helps witht he burn

Tim

New batch on the stove as I'm typing...this should help ease the pain of the Nor'easter snowstorm. 

Have any of you tried this using vodka? Comments please. I Enjoy a little toot, but way past needing a hammer ( or yeah, probably can't even swing a hammer anymore).

Pugman1943 said:
Have any of you tried this using vodka? Comments please. I Enjoy a little toot, but way past needing a hammer ( or yeah, probably can't even swing a hammer anymore).

Ed, to use 25oz. of 80 proof vodka in 128oz of apple juice, there would be very little 'umpf' to it. Putting in 25oz. of 190 proof Everclear makes this drink about 30-40 proof at the most.

Bayamos said:
Gary, yes please, see ya a the  QSH.........

It's so darn cold this morning (zero here) that I'm about to start using this stuff as my morning juice when I take my vitamins! 

I'll be bringing PLENTY to this years herf...trust me on that one. They'll be a bottle on every CP table!

ironpeddler said:

Gary, yes please, see ya a the  QSH.........

It's so darn cold this morning (zero here) that I'm about to start using this stuff as my morning juice when I take my vitamins! 

I'll be bringing PLENTY to this years herf...trust me on that one. They'll be a bottle on every CP table!

Your the best!

Another batch is on the stove during another snow storm. :blush:

It seems this is this Winter's preferred drink around my house when guests come over...they expect it to be here and ready to go! 

I still have 2 pints left from halloween

Gary you sold me out.  WTF!!!

Might have to make a trip down to show you a few new flavors.  Got butter rum, root beer, butterscotch and a few more.  If your nice I'll let you try a few before the next Quad.

DG