• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe

How long do you think it lasts in a jar? I have 3 left from Halloween as well...

I use the mason jars for a reason.  When added hot they seal tight and will last for a year or so.  

Not that any do around me.  :whistling:

DG

Diesel Grinch said:
Gary you sold me out.  WTF!!!

Might have to make a trip down to show you a few new flavors.  Got butter rum, root beer, butterscotch and a few more.  If your nice I'll let you try a few before the next Quad.

DG
Where the hell have you been? I gave you all the credit as my 'shine' mentor!

I also make a peach version all the time, I put up a recipe here for that one too.

I saw some mixed reviews online for the root beer version, some people liked it, some didn't...so I haven't tried it yet until I find a quality root beer extract. That seems to be the key to it along with how much you use.

None of what I make lasts that long around here. We either drink it or I give it away within a month or two.

Sorry I thought I replied....

It was very good and a bit smoother than the first time I had it.

Paul

Made some of this last night. I didn't have the cinnamon sticks though. I used half a gallon of each juice and added a 750 ml of everclear. Damn that stuff is strong. I haven't tasted it chilled yet. Anyone else think it was too strong?

chiefmd said:
Made some of this last night. I didn't have the cinnamon sticks though. I used half a gallon of each juice and added a 750 ml of everclear. Damn that stuff is strong. I haven't tasted it chilled yet. Anyone else think it was too strong?

My wife did, but it will mellow out as it ages a bit.

Just had 2 wisdom teeth pulled, thinking I will my last 2 jars to self medicate

chiefmd said:
Made some of this last night. I didn't have the cinnamon sticks though. I used half a gallon of each juice and added a 750 ml of Everclear. Damn that stuff is strong. I haven't tasted it chilled yet. Anyone else think it was too strong?

I can honestly say I haven't experienced it as being too strong in that ratio...must be because of the scotch & bourbon I drink!  :whistling:

A buddy of mine said the same thing and I advised him to add a little distilled water to the batch...and that worked perfectly for him & his wife. 

lol.  I have a version that I call hard apple pie.  I cut down on the apple cider and apple juice but keep the EC at full bottle.  Has a little bit of a kick to it.

DG

Pardon the pun, I can see trouble brewing after my wife finds me doing this. Well, ya gotta die sometime pilgrim.

Something nice about sitting out by a fire in the fall with a cigar or 2 and drinking a mason jar or so of apple pie.

DG 

Diesel Grinch said:
Something nice about sitting out by a fire in the fall with a cigar or 2 and drinking a mason jar or so of apple pie.

DG 

It sure is Chris....the only problem I see is being able to feel my lips if I drank an entire jar. :whistling:

This batch is done and now it's onto the peach next weekend. What were the other versions you were telling me about when you were here?  

A whole host of flavors.  These are small batches when I make them.  I did root beer, butter scotch, & butter rum.  I have a few more that I haven't made up yet.

DG

I think I need to pour out the last 2 jars I have from last year, not sure how the apple slice will hold up over that time....

this year need to do a peach I think, was that posted?

T

MX said:
I think I need to pour out the last 2 jars I have from last year, not sure how the apple slice will hold up over that time....

T
Sitting in everclear, I'd imagine it is pretty well preserved. [emoji106]

However, I ain't brave enough to try it....just saying.

MX said:

T
No problem! Give it a taste...,

Yeah, I posted the peach version as well. I'm making that one this weekend.