• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are these real?

bully1875

My cousin went to Mexico City and found these smokes. He got them just cause they were cubans and even though he doesnt smoke, he had one and hated it. So last night I saw him and he gave me the remaining 4 out of this box. All the research I have done online shows that these are authentic, but I would rather ask you guys over any research I can do..

So what do you think?
If you need better/different angles, let me know.

Thanks,
Brian

DSCN1670.jpg

DSCN1668.jpg

DSCN1665.jpg

My cousin went to Mexico City and found these smokes...
They do appear to be real cigars. The probability that they are authentic, however, is not high. Unless he bought these from the La Casa del Habano, the odds are essentially zero.

My advice is to smoke em. If you like them, then hooray! If you don't, then toss them out but never pass these or gift these to any other CigarPass member. Ever.

Wilkey

Got it, thanks again for the great advice.

I never got a firm number on how much he paid, but he said a lot.

I will let everyone know.

Thanks again.

Unfortunately, the price he paid may not be much help in determining if they are authentic. There are plenty of places in Mexico where you'll pay a lot of money for fake cigars.

looks real. Fake ones seem to have a dull appearance and only two white lines above Cohiba.

I picked up some in Suriname last week. The are good smokes, enjoy.

looks real. Fake ones seem to have a dull appearance and only two white lines above Cohiba.

I disagree. They look fake to me -- and the scenario painted about where and how they were purchased reinforces that.

Moki, what about these look fake, I'm interested in your findings...

Also, thanks for looking into this for me.

Hard to tell by the pics you have up, but in that first one, it doesn't look like a triple cap.

Moki, what about these look fake, I'm interested in your findings...

Also, thanks for looking into this for me.

Part the construction of the cigar, part the way the band looks/is affixed, part where they were purchased. I'd suggest measuring them. They should be exactly 5.00" x 42

I disagree. They look fake to me -- and the scenario painted about where and how they were purchased reinforces that.

completely agree with Moki and Tomthirtysix. From the pic, it really does not look like a triple cap. Of course quality control is almost alway suspect with havanas, but i would be dumbfounded to see a cigar of the flagship band with such a poor cap.

As per the band...link. While i have seen some bad fakes, i have also seen some incredible ones. While the band would fit with the latter, i must say that the cap belongs with the former.

I gotta lean towards "real" based on the pictures. There just isn't anything obviously wrong with it. If the OP would like to send me one, I'll send a for-sure real Sig II in the cardboard box in return and give it the taste test. True, the triple-cap is missing, but it may not be as I think I can see a glimpse of it on the right side. The cap in general looks a little too rounded, but not enough to call it out with any confidence. Everything else looks fine to me. . .

Guys, it was never stated "where" these were puchaced, off the street, in a shop, or in a CDH store...

I get a few of these each month at a secret place.

The band looks fake, but we all know what really matters is the smoke.

Can you really fake the taste of a cuban? Im curious. if so, how.