• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are you a VIRGIN too?

LedZep

Catchy Topic Title.. Huh?
:blush:

Well, Its me.. LedZep.
40 y/o Married / Dad.. With a hairy back... Don't get too exited. :love:

I really meant to say a "CUBAN CIGAR" VIRGIN .. I just forgot to type that part. I'm old.. Sorry, I forget stuff.

OK,
I am sincerely enjoying reading all the information and opinions I see posted here, as well as the comradary and banter amongest so many of you.. I am very glad I stumbled upon this forum and am enjoying my stay very much. I plan on being here a while too.

I still have a few major debated thoughts to ponder while continuing to read and learn.... ???

For those of US who have never smoked a Cuban cigar yet,

** What really makes Cuban Cigars any "better" then the Non-Cubans I am currently smoking? ... Or is this just soley a matter of personal opinion and taste?

I read so much about Cuban cigars and it seems like everyone is drooling to have one , Why?.. Will I be at a "loss" as a cigar smoker if I never smoke a stick from Cuba? :(

Led..

There are some absolutely fantastic CCs out there... that being said there are also a bunch of dog rocket CCs, no different than cigars from any location. Some enjoy the different characteristics of the Cubans, and others can't stand it. If you're curious about the taste, see if you can get your hands on a few different brands and sizes. There are a few CCs I really enjoy, but YMMV.

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

More flavor...lower price. Just my experience. ;)

Yes I am LedZep...fortunately for me that will be changing in the next couple of weeks as I was quick on the draw when the self-proclaimed Boli whore himself had some up for grabs. Now if I become a Boli whore I'm going to blame it completely on him :D

Edit: spelling error

Everything is personal opinion, personal tastes and "mood". Don't forget about your mood or state of mind as you smoke. If it's an exciting event and you've got that "special smoke", it's going to taste better than your Tuesday afternoon smoke as you drive home (usually). For some, even a fake cuban will be the best smoke they've ever had, JUST because it's a "cuban".

Smoke what you like. :)

FYI - you might get some ribbing since this has been asked before. Probably a heard one to search on, though. Just do some reading back through the historical threads.

-John

I've been lucky enough to have sampled a fairly wide variety of CCs, through fivers and box splits and bombs. I never order directly, because risking my professional license just isn't worth it to me.

Frankly, I'd rather have a San Cristobal, Esencia, Padilla Miami, GOF, or any number of non-CC cigars . . . but there are a few, like the RyJ Short Churchill, Epi #2, and RASS, that I absolutely love. Not so much a better taste as simply a uniquely CC taste.

I think where they really shine is aging. I had a 5 y.o. RyJ once that blew my mind.

~Boar

FYI - you might get some ribbing since this has been asked before. Probably a heard one to search on, though. Just do some reading back through the historical threads.

-John

Yes Sir.. But I figured it would be ok to bring up again. I skimmed the CC forum before posting here. :whistling:

I live where Cubans are readily available (Canada) and I gotta tell you in the past 6 months I've switched to buying non cubans exclusively because I'm tired of construction issues with mid range price smokes. ($125-175) In my experience I found that boxes have a large number of plugged smokes that either smoke terrible or not at all. This is from numerous sources at and kept at a low RH.
I guess that was a long way of saying not everyone likes Cubans ;) When they're constructed properly they're great. I just find more consistency in quality with non cuban cigars. If I buy a box of 25 I'm not worry how many will be unsmokable.

Careful, Souldoggie is gonna see this thread and only get "hairy backed cuban virgin" out of it. Be ready for a very strange PM from him. Just say, "No."
ohmy.gif

Am I the only one who is concerned and worried that we all read this thread after reading the title? ???

Careful, Souldoggie is gonna see this thread and only get "hairy backed cuban virgin" out of it. Be ready for a very strange PM from him. Just say, "No."
ohmy.gif

LOL, I will keep my eyes open. :cool:

No wait... Better yet..

WTT- (1) Picture of " 40 y/o.. Hairy Backed Virgin" for (1) GOOD C-B-N C-G-R...

Wait till I tell my wife I can stop buying cigars because of the hair on my back.... "Yea, Honey.. these are all just gifts from the guys on the forums.."

LMAO.

Do us all a favor and spend some time searching before you post a thread asking a question that's been asked / answered a couple hundred times over the last few years. Maybe a couple thousand.

There is a TON of knowledge in these pages; only takes a few seconds to use search. It's good forum etiquette, to be sure.

Regards - B.B.S.

ohmy.gif
:laugh: :sign: :laugh: :sign: :laugh: :sign: :laugh:

ohmy.gif

??? So wait, this ISN'T the signup thread for the new "You Learn Something New About Butt-Pirates Every Year" pass??!?!

:angry: call foul on you sir! I was getting ready to submit my P/T's:
P: 03' Dunkin' Donuts Boston Creme / T: Hairy Backed Cuban Virgin
P: 97' Ltd. Regional Release French Profiterole* / T: Hairy Backed Cuban Virgin's Friend

I guess now I'll have to go back to the drawing board. :(

*It's imported, so it's FANCY.

This topic has been rehashed at least several hundred times on CP over the years. Try Search.

Also zero in on the blind test conducted by the guy above. The most objective answer to your question, imho.

Best,

Joe

Thank you all for your comments.
I continue ro read and look at some blind taste test posts...

Led

Also zero in on the blind test conducted by the guy above. The most objective answer to your question, imho.

Best,

Joe

Joe is right (happens to all Yankee fans at least once in their life). Read that thread and you should have a pretty good answer. Heck, I'm having such a good Monday morning I'll even provide you the LINK Read and enjoy.