• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are you addicted, or is this just a hobby?

I try to smoke 3-5 cigars a week and if I can find time to do that it means I am keeping things under control, and not letting the rat race that is life slip away without taking time to enjoy it.

Yep, I am addicted to the lifestyle, the hobby, and the brotherhood that is being a cigar smoker. Since starting back into the hobby last September, I not only have hundreds of cigars and new found knowledge, but I also have many new friends thanks to this community. One of the aspects that is so appealing, especially to new smokers who join this forum, is the brother/sisterhood that we have here. You hear story after story of noobs who say that they just can't believe how we bomb each other, or take care of each other when in need. This kind of camaraderie is unmatched and is what keeps most of us here day after day.

So yes, color me addicted! :thumbs:

Ditto for me!! :thumbs:

I enjoy my 2-3 per week a great deal. That's during the spring and summer. I used to try to smoke a couple a month during the winter, but I gave up. There are just too many problems with trying to enjoy a cigar outdoors when it's 3 degrees.

One of these days I'll have my smoking shack set up and ready to go. However, life keeps calling back at me just when I get started. It can wait.

I don't have any withdrawal or anything like that. I do miss having a smoke once in awhile, but I can go weeks (even months during the winter) between and not worry about it.

Fishing on the other hand...

I've been known to smoke 7 a day before (I believe that was my max). I usually smoke two on Wednesdays and one Friday, one Saturday and one Sunday. When I worked for the Tinderbox, I smoked ALOT more, but that should be expected. Now when I go out with friends or drinking over at a friend's house, it's different. I could smoke 4 easily.

I will say there is a little bit of addiction. I'll admit it. I'm just a happier person with a little "cigar buzz" than without one. :)

I smoke 3 -5 a week and it is a hobby. I think the only addiction I have is to the relaxed state that I am in when smoking.

I recently had to give up coffee (10 cups a day) and alcohol (3-4 drinks a day), so giving up cigars would be much easier.

Ken

Nice that you gave all that up....I'm sure women are next!

:laugh: :laugh:

oh - a few times a week.

What, you want me to die? and I should have said I gave them up temporarily.

"Master betrayed us. Wicked, tricksey, false. We ought to wring his filthy little neck. Kill him. Kill him. Kill them both, and then we take the Precious and we be the master."

Gollum was talking about a Opus, right?

What? Who's addicted?

I love the act, the time, the place it takes me too, thats what I am hooked on

Tim

I try to smoke 3-5 cigars a week and if I can find time to do that it means I am keeping things under control, and not letting the rat race that is life slip away without taking time to enjoy it.

Yep, I am addicted to the lifestyle, the hobby, and the brotherhood that is being a cigar smoker. Since starting back into the hobby last September, I not only have hundreds of cigars and new found knowledge, but I also have many new friends thanks to this community. One of the aspects that is so appealing, especially to new smokers who join this forum, is the brother/sisterhood that we have here. You hear story after story of noobs who say that they just can't believe how we bomb each other, or take care of each other when in need. This kind of camaraderie is unmatched and is what keeps most of us here day after day.

So yes, color me addicted! :thumbs:

Well said 'dog! Color me with that same brush.

I go from a cigar every two weeks to 5 cigars a day on the extremes. In good smoking weather, I'm good for 2-4 per week.

It's a hobby to be sure and not a genuine physical or psychological addiction, but it sure ends up becoming something I occasionally long for, drool for for the multiple dimensions of pleasure the hobby provides.

Wilkey

Unfortunately this hobby significantly conflicts with my other main hobby. So depending on where I’m at and what I’m prepping for determines on how often I smoke. Sometimes one a week if I’m lucky or up to 5 a week.

Wow, what a great bunch of responses in a short period of time.

Thanks. By the way, half the fun of the site is watching beutiful women in various states of cigar enjoyment in signatures and avatars. Thanks for the help!

This is definitely a hobby and not an addiction for me.....although I think I am addicted to my hobby, if that makes any sense!

I smoke an average of 1-2 cigars a week. Sometimes more, rarely less though.

I think the mental addiction vs. the physical addiction says it best. I smoked cigarettes for years and that was a true addiction. I don't get cravings for a cigar like i did cigarettes, I just think to myself that it'd be nice to relax for an hour or so.

Smoking cigars is a relaxing passtime for me. If i don't have the time to sit down and smoke one, I don't really notice it until later. When i do get the time for a cigar, I'm like "Wow, this is the first one I've had in a few days." Its definitely a hobby.

On average I'd say 3-4 a week for me, depending on the weather.

spiffy

Easy with the "A" word fellas.....this is a hobby and nothing more :)

Oh, 'bout 3 a week for me.
Same here, when on vaca, I smoke one a day, but regular is 2-3 per week, so more of hobby than addiction for me. Now if I could only quit the damn amphetamines and sniffing glue, I'd be all set. :laugh:

I'd say I average 3 per week. Maybe a little more in the warmer months, and a little less in the colder months. I generally smoke 2 days per week - Tuesday is poker night, and Sunday afternoon is time to relax.

If I'm at a herf, which is rare for me these days, all bets are off. :)

I am an addict no doubt but I rarely smoke more then 1-2 a week. In fact I've yet to smoke a cigar in July. I'm also addicted to the fuzzy stuff but I haven't had any of that for a while either.

Its more of a state of mind to me. Some times I really enjoy my cigar on the patio cooking dinner for evveryone, or sometimes I enjoy driving about running errands smoking a cigar. I go 2-4 a week, up to 7-8 on a long night of drinking. I don't ever feel like I have to smoke a cigar, I moreso look forward to it. When it happens it happens.

I'm definitely addicted to buying cigars as my overflowing humidors will attest. Smoking, for me, is a situational thing. I generally only smoke cigars twice a week, at poker games, or when hanging out with friends.

Probably 3-4 a week but I sure love those days/weekends/vacation when you can manage to smoke 3 a day!

I don't believe in physical addiction so I guess it's just a hobby I can't do without!

As stated by many others here, I do not find cigars to be a physical addiction. If I am busy at work, I may go a weeks without smoking a cigar. My desire to have one during these times stems from my desire to kick back with friends, relax with a glass of bourbon and fire one up. That being said, if my schedule allows, I usually have 7-10 per week. I have several divorced cigar smoking buddies who, not surprisingly, have plenty of free time and often invite me to play cards, watch whatever sports are in season and smoke a cigar. If I don't have the proper amount of time to kick back and relax while smoking, I just won't do it.

If I don't have the proper amount of time to kick back and relax while smoking, I just won't do it.
I agree. When I'm itching for a smoke but don't really have the time and end up rushing it, the experience is almost always unsatisfying.

Wilkey

Great replies... My name is Howard and I am also an addict... :D

5-7 a week unless I am out fishing or HERFing where I have been known to smoke 2-3 in a sitting. I don't think I've gone more then that.

The first phase in recognizing your addiction is Denial, then Anger...