• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Argh...Bad cigar night

jacknife

Well, I fired up my first stick tonight at the beginning of the debate, a Mayorga Robusto and plug city. I did all I could just to get the damn thing lit! I stuggled to get half way through it before I smashed it! So I figure I'll next try something I know is guarnteed, AF Chateau SG. Well, wouldn't you know it, darn thing was just as bad, no draw, no smoke! Now I want to know, what will the candidates do to ensure I don't go through this again :p Anyway I give up, hopefully better luck tomorrow!

Anyone else have the uncanny ability to pick consecutive plugged turds or is it just me?

Sorry for your bad luck bro. :( If it's plugged, just move on to the next one ;) That's the best advice I've ever gotten :thumbs:

I have my little handy dandy plug poker for that. I bought a Turkey Baster at the local $1 store, it came with several pins for holding the legs together. About 4" long, 1/16" thick and stainless steel. I have used one for over a year, it allways works. To unplug my cigars, not to hold my legs together :D

No,you need to use an aspirin betweeen your knees for that! :sign: :sign:

PuroBrat said:
I have my little handy dandy plug poker for that. I bought a Turkey Baster at the local $1 store, it came with several pins for holding the legs together. About 4" long, 1/16" thick and stainless steel. I have used one for over a year, it allways works. To unplug my cigars, not to hold my legs together :D
This is good advice . . .

Thanks for the cheap solution . . .

hmm...the ol' turkey baster skewer trick, good idea but I think I might have needed a cork screw!

Not sure what RH you maintain in your humi but you may want to try lowering it a bit. Try 65% or even a bit lower for better draw and burn.

PuroBrat said:
I've had a few plugged cigars over the years, but have mostly just ditched them when it came down to it. But along these lines, I've seen a few guys take something like kabob/grill skewers, and just shove right up the middle of the stick. Seems to help them, though, in some sense, it just seems wrong. :) But, whatever works for you. :)

Sorry to hear about your night!

lucasbuck said:
Not sure what RH you maintain in your humi but you may want to try lowering it a bit. Try 65% or even a bit lower for better draw and burn.
My Humi is at 68 degrees and 63 - 64% so I can't see that being the problem. Probably just the luck of the draw? ;)

Problem with kabob skewers is that the wood ones tend to bend and flex while pushing them through the cigar and risks going through the wrapper. I've found something metal works best. I've got a particularly long thin ice pick that works wonders. It's actually a good trick on hard drawing cigars, almost always fixes the problem for me.

Brandandoni said:
Problem with kabob skewers is that the wood ones tend to bend and flex while pushing them through the cigar and risks going through the wrapper. I've found something metal works best. I've got a particularly long thin ice pick that works wonders. It's actually a good trick on hard drawing cigars, almost always fixes the problem for me.
Sorry for the confusion. I meant the metal skewers. My God, I would never and even think of trying to shove a wooden skewer up a cigar. :) The ice pick thing sounds good though, but, again, I very rarely come across this problem myself. Was just trying to through in my two cents. ;)

I keep a paperclip in my wallet for such occasions, I tend to use it even if the draw is a little tight for my tastes. It almost always does the trick.

Now I want to know, what will the candidates do to ensure I don't go through this again :p

The president just recently passed the "no cigar left behind act" which will ensure that every cigar must achieve a 90 rating before leaving the factory. :D :p

Sorry to hear about the experience, I've had two experiences where it seemed as if I was in cigar nirvana, and one time that was just horrible. Peeling wrapper, ugly ash, the damn thing looked as if it blew up in my face. Oh well, it keeps you humble and appreciate when you truly have an excellent smoking experience.