• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente' Hemingway Classic ......... ho hum .......

stogie fan

my first cigar in 11 days as I have been cutting back on consumption this year, quite successfully :) as I burned 188 cigars last year = too many for me

My experience with the AF Hemingway Classic to date has typically been fairly positive but this one was like a 'swing & a miss' :mad:

This one had burn issues which I typically do not experience with the AF Hemingway Classic, and the flavors & the room notes were off.

Once again, to pen a baseball metaphor; 'swing & a miss' ................... ho hum ....................... but I did punish myself for 2 hours :rolleyes: ................

Better luck next time? :mad:

Pictured below @ lighting, 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, and 120 minutes.

# AFHC lighting - 00.jpg# AFHC 15.jpg# AFHC 30.jpg# AFHC 45.jpg# AFHC 60.jpg# AFHC 75.jpg# AFHC 120.jpg

Last edited:
Floyd?

Floyd the Barber ("oh my") from Mayberry, Pink Floyd, or just 'Floyd?'

that's disappointing that it wasn't as good.

That's too bad.
I really like the Hemmingway line and especially the Classic.
Thankfully haven't had a bad one yet

See if you can find a Destino, little pricy but several notches up on quality and taste.

I've smoked Anejo's and OpusX's over the years, but honestly the Hemi's never did anything for me. Sorry yours was a let down.

I've smoked Anejo's and OpusX's over the years, but honestly the Hemi's never did anything for me. Sorry yours was a let down.
I'm the exact opposite. Don't care for the Opus X and Anejos, but have loved every Hemmingway I have had

Which is why the saying "....smoke what you like, like what you smoke..." makes so much sense. I just always thought it odd that I couldn't get with the Hemi's, but as they say there's no accounting for taste..... 😀

As I stated in the OP, my experience with the AF Hemingway Classic to date has typically been fairly positive.

And then, there is the below excerpt (taken from a Halfwheel review) which just proves everyone has a different palette. :D

"There are a lot of special Fuentes we smoke that aren't good. I still don't understand the first release of the Gran AniverXario. I find Casa Cuba to be a bit bland."

I'll just have to settle for the occasional lack luster Hemingway & suffer ;) ...........

fast forward nearly 40 days later: I smoked another Hemingway Classic this afternoon, from the same box as the OP smoke.

The Hemingway Classic I smoked today was worlds apart better than the one from the OP; same box & a 180.

The one I smoked today was actually one of the best Hemingway Classics I recall ever smoking.

Arturo Fuente has some serious issues with their blend consistency, or rather lack there of. I have been saying this for years in regard to the Anejo blend but as time goes forward I am seeing AF continue to become less quality/consistency oriented.

YMMV

# AF H 1.jpg

# AF H 2.jpg