• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton ESG's

Smoked a two this passed weekend,I'd rather a VSG or an Opus....even a Diamond Crown Maximus.
Maybe if I am fortunate enough to smoke a box,let alone get a box my thoughts will change.
It took about 34 Opus X's before I actually liked them and continued to buy more regularly so ya never know,maybe the same will hold true for the ESG.I wont say it was disgusting,I did indeed love the flavor but its not in the top 5 for me.

Holt's Cigar Store in Philadelphia seems to have a regular supply of the ESG (it probably has something to do with the owner of Holt's owning the Ashton label). They are going for $18 each plus 7% sales tax. You can only buy two at a time. I tried one last weekend and thought it was excellent (although $18 is very steep). It is the first cigar in years to leave me a little light headed.

A little suprised with what you are saying here. I smoked one of mine this weekend and found it to be an extremely smooth cigar with some nice flavor, but certainly not one that left me light headed. I actually had hoped for some more kick, perhaps with age. :rolleyes:

i don't get it! One,too expresive. two, nothing people r saying about these sticks r making me want to hunt them down. is it twice as good as a VSG(i say twice since it is double the cost of the VSG's)? what about the blend made them price it this high.to me it's no different than putting a twenty some dollar price tag on a anejo.

sorry guys, i got on a roll

i don't get it! One,too expresive. two, nothing people r saying about these sticks r making me want to hunt them down. is it twice as good as a VSG(i say twice since it is double the cost of the VSG's)? what about the blend made them price it this high.to me it's no different than putting a twenty some dollar price tag on a anejo.

Ashton VSG Estate Sun Grown info...

Smoked a two this passed weekend,I'd rather a VSG or an Opus....even a Diamond Crown Maximus.
Maybe if I am fortunate enough to smoke a box,let alone get a box my thoughts will change.
It took about 34 Opus X's before I actually liked them and continued to buy more regularly so ya never know,maybe the same will hold true for the ESG.I wont say it was disgusting,I did indeed love the flavor but its not in the top 5 for me.

Taste is what it is... if you don't like it, you don't like it. :) I'd normally say that you shouldn't judge a cigar by smoking only one of 'em, but in this case, since I don't want you to like them, I think you should just not bother. More for me. :)