• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Attention on Deck

I considered sending a condom, but one of the invitees is a minister, I think. So I thought better of it. The ASA is a good idea. Whished I'd thought of it. My mind is obviously in the gutter. :whistling: :laugh:

Doc.

Hi, Doc! I am looking forward to tomorrow's celebration. I want to take this opportunity to express my thanks to all of the U.S. Navy Corpsmen for the outstanding medical care that they provide. Let's all have a great day tomorrow! Regards, knightlaird

Marines win battles, armies win wars and Corpsmen patch us up so we can do it again.

OO-RAH Doc!

Well, today is the big day. I hope you all enjoy your cigar and drink. I had a lot of fun doing this. To think, there's 15 people, from the New England to Osaka Japan and South to the DR drinking my booze,smoking my cigars and celebrating the official birth of the Hosp Corps. It has been my pleasure, gentlemen, to have served you once again. I can't wait till next year. And now, if I may induldge myself , I'd like to post the following written by a HMC who's name I've lost. I'm sure he won't mind me sharring it with you.

Doc.

I AM A NAVY CORPSMAN

I AM A NAVY CORPSMAN. I POSSESS THE STAMINA AND ENTHUSIAM OF YOUTH AND THE WISDOM AND EXPERINCE OF AN OLD MAN.
I AM 3 PARTS DOCTOR, 1 PART NURSE, 2 PARTS MARINE, 1 PART YEOMAN AND 3 PARTS MOM, YET I AM 100% SAILOR.
I AM UNEMPLOYABLE TO THE CIVILIAN WORLD IN MY GIVEN PROFESSION YET HAVE BEEN THE VERY LIFE LINE FOR COUNTLESS MARINES, SOLDIERS AND SAILORS SINCE 1778.
I HAVE CARRIED MARINES FROM THE BATTLE FIELD … AND HAVE BEN CARRIED REVERENTLY MYSELF BY MARINES WHO MORNED MY PASSING LIKE THAT OF A BROTHER OR SISTER.
I AM YOUNG. I AM OLD. BRAVE, SCARED AND SCARRED. MY TITLE HAS CHANGED OVER THE YEARS: LOBLOLLY BOY, SURGENS STEWART, PHARMICIST MATE, HOSPITAL CORPSMAN, IDC, YET WITH ALL THE CHANGES I AM STILL SIMPLY KNOW AS "DOC".
I HAVE CELEBRATED PEACE; YET FELT THE STING OF WAR ON THE SEAS, IN JUNGLES, IN FOREIGN CITIES, IN WASHINGTON D.C. AND ON BEACHES OF EVERY SHADE OF SAND… WHITE, TAN, CORAL AND BLACK.
I HAVE RAISED HELL ON LIBERTY; HOPE IN THE MIDST OF BATTLE …. AND OLD GLORY ON IWO JIMA.
I HAVE REMOVED APPENDIXES ON SUBMARINES AND LIMBS IN THE MIDST OF BATTLE AND MANY OTHER PROCEDURES FAR ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT I AM EXPECTED TO DO BY THE NORMAL PRACTICE OF MEDICINE BECAUSE IT HAD TO BE DONE IN ORDER TO SAVE THE LIFE OF A MARINE OR SAILOR IN BATTLE OR UNDER THE ICE, FAR FROM A DOCTORS CARE.
I HAVE IGNORED MY OWN WOUNDS TO THE POINT OF DEATH IN ORDER TO STAY AT MY STATION TREATING THE WOUNDED OF MY NATIONS NAVY, MARINE CORP, ARMY AND AIRFORCE.
I HAVE THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF MEDAL OF HONORS OF ANY CORP IN THE NAVY ….. MOST OF THEM PRESENTED TO MY WIFE, CHILD OR MOTHER BECAUSE I WAS ALREADY IN HEAVEN AT THE TIME.
I AM PROUD TO KNOW IN MY HEART THAT EVERY MARINE WHO HAS EVER FOUGHT AND EVERY SAILOR WHO HAS GONE TO SEA ON SHIPS OWE THEIR VERY LIVES TO THOSE THEY SIMPLY, YET RESPECTFULLY KNOW AS "DOC"

Good Morning, Doc! Today's the day! I am sure that all of us are ready. Doc, thank you for sharing "I AM A NAVY CORPSMAN" with us. This tells it like it is. We're all positioned at the starting gate. Enjoy! Regards, knightlaird

At 14:00 hours this 17th day of June the scared fire was applied to the ceremonial stick. After the appropriate burning time of 50 minutes a toast was presented to all those who take care of the heath and fitness of America’s finest.

To the Corpsmen!

I salute you.

Greetings! Happy 107th USN Hospital Corps Birthday! Many thanks for everything, Doc. I have been having a great day today. I believe that I will now repair to my lair and take a short Texas siesta (nap). Haha! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone! Regards, knightlaird

Beautiful poetry Doc

As I was enjoying my stick (thanks again Doc) I couldnt help but think of how ironic it was that We were commemorating the Corpsman by creating smoke. How often has a Corpsman dreaded seeing smoke? Knowing that the cause of it was sure to bring him a dreaded workload of wounded friends and more than likely putting his own arse in the line of fire. Thanks God for those beautiful faces,(regardless of how ugly you navy boys really are :laugh: ),that show up in time of despair,dedicated to saving us regardless of the cost.

I wasn't near a computer yesterday, as I had to make an unplanned trip over to Charleston, SC. Interestingly, at noon I was sitting right outside a Navy base. :)

I enjoyed the celebratory smoke sitting outside the base (hopefully not alerting any Homeland Security types), thinking about how much courage and skill it takes to be a corpsman in battle. The drink was also enjoyed, but not the whole bottle, as I had to drive back to Atlanta.

Thanks, Doc, for the great idea, and thanks to the corpsmen for all they do.

KevPriest

Wife and I are in a frenzy of home improvement, kitchen, driveway, fence, blah, blah. I spent the day digging fence post holes, landscaping, and grouting tile - not done with any of it. I got to settle down about dusk, daughter in the tub, down to my skivvies in a not too cool house (swamp cooler doesn't quite reach my computer). I got out the lit the Ashton and the elected to sip the Glenlivet from a shot glass and remember the two Hospital Corpsmen most significant to me.

HM2 Reid was a SEAL and 99% business and 1% personality. He had my back and I had his. He is a good man, but doubt I'd ever enjoy another beer with him. I'd go to hell and stay with him though, if he called.

I did 5 submarine patrols and one Spec Op with HM1(SS) Lewis. His nic aboard the boat was "Ranger Dave" because he had a world class drift factor. If you watched, you'd never let him give you a shot. Its like sausage - you just don't want to know whats in it. He was the best, though. He thought he could play the guitar better than he really could, but he had a good singing voice and wrote some nice tunes. The XO had him busted to HM2 because he dicked up somebody's health record, a petty reason to go after somebody. The Squadron Commander overturned it, though - seems he was one of Doc's patients at one time and his opinion was a lot like mine. I doubt you'd find Ranger Dave in hell, but I'd drop everything and go bail him out if he found himself there. Thanks Doc.

And... thanks Doc for helping me remember. Happy Birthday and GOD Bless the Hospital Corps!

The smoking was lit @ 1500. Fantastic smoke and just as I was raising my glass a friend who was a Corpsman in Vietnam called from Florida just to say hello. It was just perfect. Thank you DevilDoc for the smoke but more so for the opportunity to remember.