• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AVO 77

Backslide

RASCClicious
AVO 77 on CI guys.

avo2003lim77lo1.jpg

Do I smell a group buy?

Are these like the 22? Where they will never be made again? Or are they released in small quantities?

I'm certainly kicking myself, I should have picked up these by the truck load. ISO for more if any of you have some. PM ME!

AVO+77-3.jpg

Weren't the AVO 787 suppose to be like the AVO 22s? If my memory is correct, 7+8+7 = 22 and it was the same blend.

bfreebern said:
Weren't the AVO 787 suppose to be like the AVO 22s? If my memory is correct, 7+8+7 = 22 and it was the same blend.
Yeah they said the 787's were the same blend as the 22's, BUT they used a different blender if I remember correctly. IMHO not even close to in taste. The 22's are / were near perfect. I only have (1) left DAMN IT. :(

louich said:
They are that good ?
YES, they're my 2nd all time favorite AVO just under the 22 and in my top 5 favorite cigars ever. 

I loved the AVO 22s.  I also thought at one time that someone was also blending the same blends, under Boris.  Hell, I've slept since then.

Box of 787 Churchills for $124.95 at JR. Available still elsewhere, and in other sizes, but for a good bit more, it seems.

bfreebern said:
I loved the AVO 22s.  I also thought at one time that someone was also blending the same blends, under Boris.  Hell, I've slept since then.

I believe Corona Cigar in Florida carries the Boris.  It IS NOT the same blend.  The 22's were great, the Boris Corona sells is, uh, not.

nfulton said:

I believe Corona Cigar in Florida carries the Boris.  It IS NOT the same blend.  The 22's were great, the Boris Corona sells is, uh, not.

That's who it was, thanks!  It's been years since I've had the Boris, but I don't remember it being anywhere close to the AVO 22.

I have a friend, Fred, who is good friends with Avo himself, and even Avo can't get 22's anymore... Fred has a few boxes, (no, he won't sell them, even Avo has tried to buy them!) and he hands one to Avo on occasion!

Nexus 4 phone cam shot of my new box :) High quality D SLR images to follow shortly. 

IMG_20130701_160249.jpg