• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Back to normal

Nihon_Ni

真喜志友幸
It's taken about a month, but I'm finally hitting my stride again in the kitchen. The wife and I were going to go to Guam this week, but ended up having a "stay'cation" instead. Frankly, I think it worked out better -- I've had some time to cook again, inspired by some Top Chef episodes I missed while I was playing in the sand box.

gallery_11575_1361_293838.jpg

Today's creation: Breakfast Amuse-Bouche - toast medalions, spicy tomato & shallot chutney, roasted pork tenderloin, topped with a sunny-side up quail egg. Served with dark roasted Kona coffee and champagne.

Outfugginstanding. They look so appealing. Ya did good, Jarhead.

Doc.

WOW. :0 Those look AMAZING. Great job!

I just ate and am stuffed, but I could easily eat again if that was in front of me.

Good stuff, it looks great!

That is INSPIRING!! I have not had a lot of time to cook lately, but that really gets me motivated. Now if I could only match your talent....

I wish I was creative enough to think up this dish, but I just followed a recipe from the Top Chef Quickfire cookbook. I set the kitchen timer for 30 mins and went to work.

This was the first time I've used quail eggs -- the hardest part was opening them. The shell is thinner than a hen's egg, but there's a tougher inner membrane that keeps the shell from separating once it's cracked. After a failed attempt or two, I ended up cutting the tops off with a knife. I used an electric griddle so that I'd have plenty of room to work. I set it at 250 and cooked the eggs for about 2 minutes -- they were some of the easiest eggs I've ever cooked.