• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Batten down the hatches Houston

Be Safe and good luck you you.

I can tell you from expeirence, they do not make a water proof smoke!!

Stock up on ice, gas, and booze!!!

Rich

To all our Texan B/SOTL be careful out there! Hope Ike isn't as mean as he was with Tina.

just finished of a Perdomo lot 23. was watching the latest news had the coast guard saving some people by helicopter from there roof top near the beach and the hurricane is not even here yet. i wish it would make landfall during the day. good luck to all in the area.
Mark R
beaumont tx

Well, my company has put me on notice. If there is any damage I will be sent to Houston on Sunday to help get operations back in order. Let's hope I don't have to go, that means everything is OK.

Me too. I'll be driving, though. Equipment, tools, generator, yadda.

Stocked up and ready to hold out the storm here in Conroe.

Everyone stay safe.

I'm watching it on TWC right now, it's looking pretty bad and it hasen't even hit the coast yet. Good luck and be safe everyone.

I keep checking the different reports. Some say it'll be Cat 2 at landfall. Some say Cat 1. I see one that shows it going further west and touching down as a tropical storm. No idea. Regardless, I hope its on the mild side. And be safe.

Won't be the wind that causes us trouble..... storm surge will be the problem. If this thing stays on the current predicted track the storm surge will push into Galveston Bay like its never seen before. A high tide will be taking place about the same time as landfall which will compound the issue. With Galveston Bay full and creating its problems for the areas of its coast line the bayou's of Houston will have no place to drain.

Expect to see major flooding pictures on your TV sets tomorrow morning of the inland areas and whole coastal communities wiped away completely by flood waters.

Stay safe everyone. The family and I booked it yesterday. We didn't want to chance being without power for awhile with a 4 month old. For those in the area, stay safe and be careful.

If we had kids in the house we'd have high tailed it out of here ourselves. With just me and the wife its easy for us to "run" if we need to. I've been able to smoke a few cigars on the back patio up until about 15 minutes ago. The winds are starting to gust up around here. Looks like the show will be getting underway soon. Thank god the wife doesn't mind me smoking in the house.... she'd get awful wet waiting outside until I was done. :D :cool:

Looks like it was a Galveston landfall. Hope all you guys and your families are safe. :thumbs:

Here in Bay City it was never a big deal never lost power and the winds were only 60 with gust a little higher. Hope everyone else made out as well as we did... But I'm sure that won't be the case. I watched Tv most of the night and around Houston and Galveston it was scary.

Just called Kenny, their home fared well aside from the fence and some shrubs. Lost electricity and are out touring Mrs.'s buildings. So far, at least one of them didn't fare too well. Didn't get to chat long as he's saving cell power.

Well, as far as my family and friends are concerned we're all safe. Two houses flooded in Seabrook, one with 4 feet of water. My house has some roof damage and we're without power but I was able to score a generator so we have lights, fans, microwave, and tv. Every house in my group of friends and family had some sort of damage. We lost about 25 trees were I weathered through the storm, but the cattle and horses survived, although all the cows rear ends and neck skin is all red and chaffed. The cows stick their rear ends into the wind and I guess the skin under the necks flapping around caused the chaffing. The horses ran through the pasture most of the storm and were pretty wore out by the time the storm passed.

All in all we're ok.

Prayers to brothers along the coastlines of Galveston, Galveston Bay etc. Its really bad there. Bolivar and Crystal Beach are gone, and I mean GONE. Anybody who weathered that out probably didn't survive. I went down to Bayou Vista on Sunday morning to a neighbors bay house and he's got about 10000 lbs of crap in what was his yard. The 2nd story still exists, but not livable. The first is decimated.

Mother nature's power is amazing.

Good to hear our Texas members have been spared for the most part. Ike was one bad dude!

Serious Cigar got whacked pretty good. They lost the roof and therefore a bunch of sticks got wet.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' post='726314' date='Sep 16 2008, 04:01 PM']Serious Cigar got whacked pretty good. They lost the roof and therefore a bunch of sticks got wet.[/quote]

Yeah they are right where the worst part went through.

wow, I'll have to shoot Ron an email. That sucks!

i guess i faired pretty well. power is on tonight and I'm posting from home. For me and mine, all is just about back to normal besides the small hole in the garage roof..

I should become a lumberjack, I've cut down enough trees now to at least qualify as an honorary one. I haven't killed myself, or anyone else, yet.

Bout 10 left to cut and stack.. Its going to be one hell of a bonfire.