• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BBQ Herf, Thread for plans and roster

What a great freakin' weekend!! :thumbs:

Dennis - Thank you for the hospitality. You and Shelly have beautiful place and threw a fantastic party. I look forward to seeing the both of you again.

Erick - Damn you can cook. The pig and the brisket were awesome. Really enjoy the time that Carolyn and I got to talk with you. It was a blast. Be looking for a sample of the RudyRub soon.

Steve - Great to finally meet the man behind all the drama. LOL Seriously, really enjoyed talking with you and playing poker...have to do it again sometime.

Dan - Thank you very much for the Four Roses...it was fantastic. It was great meeting you and hopefully we can meet up in Kentucky one of these days (I have to make it to the Bourbon festival one of these years :p ).

Shane - hiccup..uuuhhhhhhhhhhh. Great meeting you, brother. Thanks for the sticks. Hope we did give you too hard of a time.

Carl - It was great seeing you again. It had been awhile since you joined us down in C'Ville. Hope we can get together for a smoke again soon.

Ray - Good to see you as always. Hopefully I'll make the next Scotch Buy. :p Enjoy those Gurkhas.

Jim - Always good to see you. Sorry we got stuck at different poker games...would have liked to spend more time talking. Oh well, I'll see you next week anyway.

Tim - Where the hell did you go? Was that you leaving in the middle of the night? :D

Mel, Cookie, Wolf, Mark, Brian, and anyone else that I forgot...it was a helluva time. I wish I could have spent more time getting to know everyone a little more. Hopefully there will be a next time.

BTW, I collected sticks from all of the CP members at the Herf. I have the 25 count humi at the house. I will be posting the BBQ Herf Contest thread in the lobby later today.

Thanks again, everyone, for a great weekend.

I would like to add my thanks and appreciation to this thread.

Erick and Jen, you guys did an OUTSTANDING job feeding us.
I think that was the best pork I have ever eaten.

Dennis and Shelly, thank you for hosting the BBQ herf.
I don't know what you told you neighbors, but they didn't call the police at 2am so all is good.

I had a wonderful time and it was great to meet all you guys (and your families).
It's always great to have a smoke with another BOTL. (yes even you Shooter).
Good food, good beer, good cigars and good people. You can't ask for anything better than that. :thumbs:

I'm hoping we can make this an annual event.

Hello all,

Great food, great folks and a fantastic location!

First, sorry for our abrupt departure at about 0145, I had a nagging back pain that wouldn't allow me to sleep, so Vince (my son) and I flipped a coin and decided it was better to as quietly as possible pull up stakes and head for home. Sorry if we disturbed anyone, although I don't think we bother Shooter too much as I never heard his snoring stop! :laugh: Man you were sawing some serious logs!

Thanks so much to Dennis and Shelly for opening up their home to us, most gracious and hospitable as always!

wv_herf007_edited-1.jpg

Thanks to Erick and Jen, and their folks for all their hard work on the fantastic vittles! All that I tried was excellent! First time I'd tried chili slaw, and it is on my list of recipes to get from Erick, good stuff!

wv_herf008_edited-1.jpg

Thanks to Dennis for taking my $$ and Quo Vadimus FatBoy in poker! :)

wv_herf001_edited-1.jpg

Steve without a stack of chips in front of him, reportedly a rare site...

wv_herf012_edited-1.gif

The Marathon Poker game, don't know who the big winner was but the game seemed to last forever.

wv_herf002_edited-1.jpg

It was great to meet some old friends and to finally meet some folks I've long corresponded with here on CP.

wv_herf005_edited-1.jpg

Last put certainly not least, it was great to meet "Murphy" a dedicated tennis ball retrieving machine.

wv_herf010_edited-1.jpg

Thanks to all for a great time, lets get next years date on the calendar!

ketten_015.gif

Wow Brew, some quality pictures there!

I woke up wondering what happened, didn't hear you pull out. The Tylenol PM and ear plugs helped out. I had purchased both after attempting to sleep next to Shane's tent the night prior. :laugh:

Really sucks I got stuck in MI for the weekend. Missed out on what looks to be a great time. We'll hopefully i'll be able to met up with you guys again soon. Vegas II herf can't get here fast enough.

Sorry I missed out on all the fun, looks like you guy's had a great time. :thumbs:

Made it back to Boise last night. It's good to be home!

Here are some additional pics, with names. Sorry for the poor quality; I tried to keep them as small as possible to assist in quick downloading.

8c8.jpg

e24.jpg

4a4.jpg

dfa.jpg

559.jpg

80e.jpg

3ad.jpg

c8f.jpg

75d.jpg

62f.jpg

More...

fd4.jpg

97d.jpg

d18.jpg

Gang,

I want to say that it was a FREAKING AWESOME time. I really enjoyed getting to know all of you and I can't wait til the next.

Dennis, I was glad I got to see your wife again. Good times as usual there... :thumbs:

Mr. and Mrs Hillbilly Steaks, That was the most awesome BBQ that I have had. Enjoyed hanging out.

Steve Hawk. I truley feel you pain brother but I don't mind easing some of the pain by saying I am Dennis friend to take some of the abuse off of you... ;)

Shooter. YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to party with you again cowboy!!!! :D

Everyone else. Enjoyed the conversation and look forward to the next get together to get to know you all a little better... Many thanks agin for the smokes that I recieved... :)

To all inquiring minds,

There will be a PRIVATE Herf in Concord, NC with "The Teacher" and I this coming weekend. :love: As I said GREAT time last weekend. Will update later BUT NO pictures!!!!! :p

THANKS Dennis and Shelly!!!!! :thumbs:

To all inquiring minds,

There will be a PRIVATE Herf in Concord, NC with "The Teacher" and I this coming weekend. :love: As I said GREAT time last weekend. Will update later BUT NO pictures!!!!! :p

THANKS Dennis and Shelly!!!!! :thumbs:

Videos??????

Gang,

I want to say that it was a FREAKING AWESOME time. I really enjoyed getting to know all of you and I can't wait til the next.

Dennis, I was glad I got to see your wife again. Good times as usual there... :thumbs:

Mr. and Mrs Hillbilly Steaks, That was the most awesome BBQ that I have had. Enjoyed hanging out.

Steve Hawk. I truley feel you pain brother but I don't mind easing some of the pain by saying I am Dennis friend to take some of the abuse off of you... ;)

Shooter. YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to party with you again cowboy!!!! :D

Everyone else. Enjoyed the conversation and look forward to the next get together to get to know you all a little better... Many thanks agin for the smokes that I recieved... :)

Oh yea bring it, anytime man.. I had a great time also...

Just what I needed, a picture. Next thing you know, copies will be showing up in every Post Office in America. Sheesh!

I forgot to thank my wife for letting us do this Herf. Thank you Shelly. I am sorry that I never asked you if it was okay, until we had it all set. I guess after 15 years of being married I kinda take advantage of you sometimes. And for that I apologize, publicly. Not to worry guys she had a great time but that is not the point. I should have talked it over with her first. Instead of my BIG mouth brother telling her when I was at work. Thanks Steve...you ass. (just kidding I love you bro)

Anyway WE, Shelly and I, had a great time hosting this Herf. If I had to do it all over again I would have talked it over with her first. And we would have still hosted it. Thanks Shelly you are the BEST!!! :thumbs:

I forgot to thank my wife for letting us do this Herf. Thank you Shelly. I am sorry that I never asked you if it was okay, until we had it all set. I guess after 15 years of being married I kinda take advantage of you sometimes. And for that I apologize, publicly. Not to worry guys she had a great time but that is not the point. I should have talked it over with her first. Instead of my BIG mouth brother telling her when I was at work. Thanks Steve...you ass. (just kidding I love you bro)

Anyway WE, Shelly and I, had a great time hosting this Herf. If I had to do it all over again I would have talked it over with her first. And we would have still hosted it. Thanks Shelly you are the BEST!!! :thumbs:

Uh oh... looks like Shelly got a hold of thehatguy's login... :D

She might have read this thread. You forgot to bold BIG mouth brother

She might have read this thread. You forgot to bold BIG mouth brother

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just want to add that I had a great time as well. Thank you Dennis and Shelly for hosting one kick ass HERF. Next time, I'm in on the NL Hold 'Em Tourny. :thumbs:

Great to see some familiar faces of people I have met before and it was nice meeting some of you for the first time.

Another thank you goes out to Erick for some of the best BBQ I've ever had! :love:

:thumbs: