• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beads in Toronto?

Zeebra

Daddy still loves Padrón!
Anyone know of a store in Toronto I could just walk into and buy the beads everyone is in love with? I went to Thomas Hinds and although they knew what they were he wasn't sure if they would be carrying the beads for sale anytime soon. I just got a humidor and am using the 50/50 mixture of distilled water and PG. (Actually I'm in the process of setting up the humidor and I have a small bowl of distilled water in there for the last 2 days)

Ive never seen the beads in any store...i have seen those IMO, inferior crystals but never anything like the heartfelt beads. Just order from him(viper)

i agree with the above posts, order from viper. i got mine quickly/hassle free and i live near Toronto. :thumbs:

I regularly ship to Canada, in fact had two yesterday. I will be happy to help you.

I have sold beads to two retailers but one is in Rumania and one in Australia so that won't help. :rolleyes:

viper139 said:
I regularly ship to Canada, in fact had two yesterday. I will be happy to help you.

I have sold beads to two retailers but one is in Rumania and one in Australia so that won't help. :rolleyes:
[snapback]244699[/snapback]​

How long do the beads last?

They have an indefinate life span. The only thing that ruins them are impurities that get into the beads. This is the main reason that only distilled water should be used on the beads for rehydration. Normal tap water or bottled water has minerals and other impurities that will ultimately clog the beads.

viper139 said:
They have an indefinate life span. The only thing that ruins them are impurities that get into the beads. This is the main reason that only distilled water should be used on the beads for rehydration. Normal tap water or bottled water has minerals and other impurities that will ultimately clog the beads.
[snapback]244736[/snapback]​

Alright I'll order! :)

OK, just ordered the 70% beads and a one ounce empty tube. I'm exicted now.

Yeah I was really excited to when I ordered mine...you made a great choice!! :)

Zeebra said:
viper139 said:
[snapback]244736[/snapback]​

Alright I'll order! :)

OK, just ordered the 70% beads and a one ounce empty tube. I'm exicted now.
[snapback]244742[/snapback]​

natejustice said:
Yeah I was really excited to when I ordered mine...you made a great choice!! :)

Just got an email that my beads are shipping.

Crank up level of excitement to 11. :thumbs:

Its really not all that exciting...and is actually quite boring as now youll have nothing to worry about when you close that humidor lid as you can abide in complete confidence that the beads are keeping your smokes at a perfect humidity level. :laugh:

Jeffro600 said:
Its really not all that exciting...and is actually quite boring as now youll have nothing to worry about when you close that humidor lid as you can abide in complete confidence that the beads are keeping your smokes at a perfect humidity level. :laugh:
[snapback]245314[/snapback]​

I've heard alot about these beads and the "no maintenance" aspect of them. How long can I leave that humidor closed up without even checking it? Let's say I don't open it up for 2 months? Is it fine and I be assured it's at the correct RH?

zeebra
i use silica media in all my coolers...some i open maybe 3 times every 2 years...with airtight coolers i add humidity in may and nov...thats about it for humidor maintanance.

derrek :)

Zeebra said:
Jeffro600 said:
Its really not all that exciting...and is actually quite boring as now youll have nothing to worry about when you close that humidor lid as you can abide in complete confidence that the beads are keeping your smokes at a perfect humidity level.  :laugh:
[snapback]245314[/snapback]​

I've heard alot about these beads and the "no maintenance" aspect of them. How long can I leave that humidor closed up without even checking it? Let's say I don't open it up for 2 months? Is it fine and I be assured it's at the correct RH?
[snapback]245470[/snapback]​

If you have a 100% airtight container you will never have to do anything to them. The more air transfer you have the more you have to add moisture as the beads give off what they had stored up.

Zeebra said:
[snapback]245470[/snapback]​

Zeebra, if you have the space, get one of these...
RH sensor

In a coolidor they are the shizz...

otherwise you'll need to open up once and awhile to check. But ya gotta pull cigars out sometime to smoke them, right? :thumbs:

I came home from work today expecting to find beads waiting for me.

No beads. ???

viper139 said:
I assure you they are enroute.
[snapback]247199[/snapback]​

I know I'm just impatient when waiting for things in the mail. I will dream of beads tonight.

P.S. meanwhile my humidor seems to be holding steady at 70 RH with no beads. Kinda like the credo knows change is coming and is trying to hold onto it's job. ;)

It is November 8, and there are no beads. Damn you Canada Post, damn you. :(