• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beads in Toronto?

Zeebra said:
jabba said:
I ordered the 70% beads and they should be here in a few days.  I'm excited to see these beads work.
[snapback]250783[/snapback]​

Ya I learned they're quite boring to "see" them work. LOL. I was excited too and now it's like, "yeah, they're there and they work"
[snapback]250798[/snapback]​

Now that is the kind of complaint I like! :laugh:

Here's my little humidor quickly growing up...

insidehumidor29rm.jpg

Nice pic Zee, personally I wouldn't let the Cohibas touch the rest... but that is just me.

jabba said:
Nice pic Zee, personally I wouldn't let the Cohibas touch the rest... but that is just me.
[snapback]251442[/snapback]​

Maybe i'll segregate the Cohibas using the montecristo tube between them and the other cigars.

Zeebra, is that a small hole in one of your Cohibas? Furthest on the right, just above the band. I hope it just the picture and not a beetle hole.

Strayvector said:
Zeebra, is that a small hole in one of your Cohibas? Furthest on the right, just above the band. I hope it just the picture and not a beetle hole.
[snapback]251882[/snapback]​

No hole, just a small discolouration. You scared me. :p

:0
Zeebra said:
Strayvector said:
Zeebra, is that a small hole in one of your Cohibas?  Furthest on the right, just above the band.  I hope it just the picture and not a beetle hole.
[snapback]251882[/snapback]​

No hole, just a small discolouration. You scared me. :p
[snapback]252045[/snapback]​

And it's not even Halloween....... :0

So after introducing the CAO cigars, I noticed my humidity dropped to under 70, was around 62-64 and I added 2 teaspoons of distilled water to the beads. The humidity didn't really start to climb after a few hours, so I asked viper about that wood divider I had on the left. He suggested I give it a 1/4 inch off the bottom so that I had some flow of air around it.

I did one better, I just removed that divider, also added more of the beads in the credo (removed the sponge) and now the humidity is going back to normal. So now I have the beads in the tube provided by Viper and more beads in the credo that came with the humidor :)

This has to be some kind of record. I ordered my beads Sat. AM at 0930. They arrived moments ago, Mon. 3:30pm. Nevada to New England over the W/E.
Outflippin'standing

Doc

OK it's official, my 70% beads are off by 2% (within the tolerance) so it's holding my humidor steady at 68%. I'm happy with this because I was torn between 65% and 70% so I think 68 is a good middle road :)

I calibrated my hygrometer with the salt test to make sure it wasn't off, so now I'm sure that the beads are holding steady at 68...I'm sure there's enough water in there now.

Thanks to Viper for answering my multitude of questions in a timely fashion!

Interesting note now that I think about it. When I first got the beads and put them in the humidor, I left the credo and sponge in there and the humi was steady at 70%. I was just wondering if the sponge would have this effect even though the beads are there? I mean would the sponge account for the 2% higher humidity?

Devil Doc said:
This has to be some kind of record. I ordered my beads Sat. AM at 0930. They arrived moments ago, Mon. 3:30pm. Nevada to New England over the W/E.
Outflippin'standing

Doc
[snapback]253157[/snapback]​

Damn......I gotta get faster horses for that Pony Express out of Nevada. :laugh:

Zeebra said:
OK it's official, my 70% beads are off by 2% (within the tolerance) so it's holding my humidor steady at 68%. I'm happy with this because I was torn between 65% and 70% so I think 68 is a good middle road :)

I calibrated my hygrometer with the salt test to make sure it wasn't off, so now I'm sure that the beads are holding steady at 68...I'm sure there's enough water in there now.

Thanks to Viper for answering my multitude of questions in a timely fashion!

Interesting note now that I think about it. When I first got the beads and put them in the humidor, I left the credo and sponge in there and the humi was steady at 70%. I was just wondering if the sponge would have this effect even though the beads are there? I mean would the sponge account for the 2% higher humidity?
[snapback]253183[/snapback]​

The beads are right on it's you hygrometer that is wrong.......just kidding :laugh:

You are in the tolerance that the manufacturer gives. :love: