• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

beads

viper139 said:
Fyodor said:
Man, I should have waited to place my order.  Just got mine a couple of days ago and didn't get the discount or the new tube. :(
[snapback]210048[/snapback]​

PM me your real name and I will send you an empty tube.
[snapback]210056[/snapback]​

PM sent. Thanks! :)

Viper,

I ordered a large from you a couple weeks ago but that new tube would be freaking sweet, How much would you sell a loyal client an empty large tube for my humidification needs?

Thanks,

CYG

Ordered the sm tube. Great price and the tube is a great feature. :)

edit- David has packed my order and is sending it ASAP. And he's doing this before receiving my $$. Class act sir.

Hello all,

Just received the large tube. Couple of observations.

1. The envelope had about a good tablespoon of shards, presumable from the beads and the shards continue to full out of the tube every time it is moved. Is this normal or is the tube/beads damaged?

2. No instructions in the envelope, nor can I find any on the Heartfelt Website, specific to the large tube and how much distilled H2O I should add to it...I found the recipe for the 1 pound variety, however, nothing for the large 70% tube. I maybe blind or does anyone know the proper procedure?

TIA,

I only moisten about 60% or so of the volume in the tube. That way there are dry beads to absorb moisture if needed. My tube also had small "pieces" of beads that were in the shipping package and fell from the tube. This stopped occurring when I just rolled it a few times and once the tube was charged. Your going to enjoy beads. No hassle and they work.

I'm sure Viper will be along shortly to give a better explanation, but here goes a quickie:

The beads are brittle and will easily break if you shake them - think of how much shaking happens when it's traveling thought the countless hands of the USPS. The good nes is that even broken an/or fractured they will still work just fine.

As to how much to wet them, I believe he's stated about 60% clear is optimal (there's a few FAQ's that he's written on the various sites, including the one here), and it's general - not specific to the size/amount (tube vs. half pound, etc.).

viper139 said:
PM me your real name and I will send you an empty tube.
Awesome. Viper, your customer service is among the best there is. I"m always impressed.

Best Regards - B.B.S.

BrewMeister said:
Hello all,

1. The envelope had about a good tablespoon of shards, presumable from the beads and the shards continue to full out of the tube every time it is moved. Is this normal or is the tube/beads damaged?

2. No instructions in the envelope, nor can I find any on the Heartfelt Website, specific to the large tube and how much distilled H2O I should add to it...I found the recipe for the 1 pound variety, however, nothing for the large 70% tube. I maybe blind or does anyone know the proper procedure?

TIA,
[snapback]213222[/snapback]​

The beads will flake a little depending on how harshly they are handled during shipment. If you feel they are damaged too much let me know and I will send a replacement tube.

As far as hydrating them goes, 2 teaspoons of distilled water is sufficient for the first charging.

viper139 said:
BrewMeister said:
Hello all,

TIA,
[snapback]213222[/snapback]​

The beads will flake a little depending on how harshly they are handled during shipment. If you feel they are damaged too much let me know and I will send a replacement tube.

As far as hydrating them goes, 2 teaspoons of distilled water is sufficient for the first charging.
[snapback]213498[/snapback]​

Hello Viper,

Thanks for responding. And thanks for offering to replace the tube, I have no idea if the beads are damaged beyond normal wear and tear or if their effectiveness is some how altered. I can tell you what has transpired up till now. I had already hydrated the tube by placing it and distilled H2O in the small bag that the tube arrived in last evening for about 10 minutes. I have no idea how long it take the beads to absorb the water, but the beads appeared clear to me. I then placed the tube in the humidor over night and the humidity went down from 68% down to 64%.

HUUMM?? Going the wrong way...

So based on your posting here, I've now added two tablespoons more of H2O to the tube and will return it to the humidor. I hope it moves back to 70% where it had been.

Any further suggestions?

Wrong way? Did he send you 65% or 70%? I prefer the 65% myself.

Cheeze said:
Wrong way? Did he send you 65% or 70%? I prefer the 65% myself.
[snapback]213947[/snapback]​

A 70%'er is what I ordered and what was printed on the label of the bag it came in.

I've always been told 70 degrees at 70%... so that is what I was shooting for.

All right, you guys talked me into them. Ordered the 65% today. :thumbs:

Regars,
Dan

Sorry if this has been covered often already, but why are most going with 65% beads when everywhere I read is a 70% recommend humidity level?

BurningDoDo said:
i just ordered my first set of beads...now i need something to put them in :p
[snapback]215352[/snapback]​

Better than that...now you get to surround the beads with fine smokes!!!!! :rolleyes:

Jan Primus said:
Sorry if this has been covered often already, but why are most going with 65% beads when everywhere I read is a 70% recommend humidity level?
[snapback]214880[/snapback]​
...because a lot of folks (myself included) think their cigars smoke lots better at 63-65% than they do at 70%. Personal preferance, as it were..... :cool:

Regards - B.B.S.

Just ordered beads yesterday for my in-the-works 153qt-er. According the exceedingly prompt e-mail I received, they should be in the mail today. Outstanding.

you won't be disappointed! Did you get 65% or 70% and how much? I have a pound in my 100qt as I usually overkill things- but I have found t handy for when I need to put some in my cigar caddy for a trip...

when ya wanna break that sucker in properly??? :D

Got my coolidor set up a week or so ago. I have a pound of beads in it. The humidity has been creeping up by 1% about every 3 or 4 days? The seal on the coolidor is rock solid. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
TOliver