• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beer PIF - 2013

Man that sucks. It made it all but the last 10miles.  I can only imagine the goodness that ended up on the FedEx floor.  It says they are returning to shipper maybe it was only 1 bottle.  Who knows what they'll do. Also, don't feel obligated to send another package if you dont want, you held up your end.     

Whats the consensus on how to proceed?  Should I hold off to see if we can track down the case? or if someone has some packing directions I can put together a care package and keep this train rolling. Whatever the group wants to do just let me know.  FYI I will be going up north doing skiing this weekend with limited internet, I was looking forward to enjoying some of that goodness.  Anyhow, I do my best to keep up to speed here.  

Gregg, I'm putting another package together as we speak. I hope to get this out to you Monday. Sorry it worked out this way but I will get it to you if I have to drive it up there myself. Thanks for being so patient.

Good on you for sending another out.  I'm not exactly sure the protocol of what happens when a shipment gets mangled, but if you're agreeable to send it out again we all know good things eventually happen to people who do good things.

And just an FYI, I've had good experiences with these types of shippers:
https://www.dalluva.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/getting-your-wine-home-11.jpg

If you have a big box bottle shop in your area like a Bevmo or Total Wine they periodically have them for sale.  Next time I take the PIF I might put together a thread on the way I pack the box (so to speak, heh).  Of course, if the box takes a 6 foot fall off the back of the FedEx truck, maybe no amount of packaging will prevent a loss.

I looked into a wine shipping kit at U-Haul, but it will take a week to order one for me. So I'm just going to use bubble wrap and peanuts again.

U-Haul sells the 12 bottle shipper for $16.95. The only downside is they need to be ordered.

Greggj77 said:

Whats the consensus on how to proceed?  Should I hold off to see if we can track down the case? or if someone has some packing directions I can put together a care package and keep this train rolling. Whatever the group wants to do just let me know.  FYI I will be going up north doing skiing this weekend with limited internet, I was looking forward to enjoying some of that goodness.  Anyhow, I do my best to keep up to speed here.
Enjoy your ski trip this weekend. You should have this package by next weekend.

Doug,  As you know no good deed goes unpunished.  :)  Thanks for taking care of this, I appreciate it.  I'll keep a lookout and let you know when it arrives.

Thanks again,
Gregg 

Great, Doug.  Thanks again for all your efforts on this.  Looks like the old box is heading back in your direction.  Hopefully, the majority is salvageable.

I'll let you know when the new box gets here.   

It looks like the package made it this time.
We probably ought to start a 2014 thread, if we plan to keep this going.

Did you get the other box back?

I did get it back. FedEx repacked the contents when they returned it to me. Only one bottle was missing, the original box was not returned, so I have no idea how badly it was damaged. It was nice of them to repack it for me.

I haven't heard anything from Gregg77 regarding the replacement, but FedEx shows it delivered yesterday. I'm hoping all is well this time.

duglynukem said:
Did you get the other box back?
I did get it back. FedEx repacked the contents when they returned it to me. Only one bottle was missing, the original box was not returned, so I have no idea how badly it was damaged. It was nice of them to repack it for me.

I haven't heard anything from Gregg77 regarding the replacement, but FedEx shows it delivered yesterday. I'm hoping all is well this time.
He may be pre pre pre gaming before the Pats big game tomorrow... Lol I'm sure he will be along soon to fill us in.
Good to hear it was only a 1 bottle loss . And cudos to Fedex for the effort.