• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beer Tasting @ my place

MAS_Puros

Me as a wee one with my bottle of Abyss
Mmmmmmmm...BEER!
gallery_6182_366_38651.jpg

So far I have responses from:
Rod
The Black Cloud
Joebiech
kiwifruit
B.HOBS
souldog
emoshun

Am I missing anyone?

Ok so I was thinking ... what better way to enjoy some of beers then to invite some BOTL's who love :love: beer and/or want an introduction into some nice micro brews that range from local to not so local, regular releases to limited releases.

Looking at holding this on December 17th around 7:00pm. I don't have much room at my place so I will need to keep this kind of small, also more people means less to share :angry: :rolleyes: . I will have my set up in the garage (so we can smoke some stoogies). I will provide water, cheese, crackers and chocolates. I also recommend coming on a full stomach since some of these beers are over 8%.

PM me if you think you will be attending so I can get a head count. I live in Montrose, CA which is 5 minutes north of Glendale.

Cheers!
Mike

PS - Here is the list of bottles I am considering, hopefully they held up over the years ... if we get a drain pour and we may, I will replace it with something else:

Barleyines
  • AleSmith Old Numbskull 2009 Vintage (11% Barleywine)
  • Troegs The Flying Mouflan (9.3% Barleywine)
Scotch Ales / Wee Heavy
  • AleSmith Wee Heavy 2008 Vintage (9% Wee Heavey)
  • Cigar City Big Sound Scotch Ale (8.5% Scotch Ale)
  • Grand Teton Reinheitsgebot Cellar Reserve Sheep Eater Scotch Ale (7.5% Scotch Ale)
Wild / Flanders / Saison
  • Boulevard Saison - Brett (8.5% Saison)
  • De Proef Monstre Rouge 2010 (8.5% Flanders Red)
  • Russian River Consecration 2009 Batch #03 (7.25% Wild Ale) *Barrel Aged
Stouts
  • FiftyFifty Imperial Eclipse Stout - Heaven Hill Rye (9.5% Imperial Stout) *Barrel Aged
  • Firestone Walker Parabola (11% Oatmeal Stout) *Barrel Aged
  • Three Floyds Dark Lord Imperial Stout 2008 (13% Imperial Stout)
  • Sea Monster Imperial Stout 2009 (10% Imperial Stout)
Belgian
  • Gouden Carolus Carolus D'Or - Cuvée Van De Keizer 2007 (11% Belgian Strong Dark Ale)
Porter
  • Captain Lawrence Smoke From The Oak (Rum Barrel Aged) Batch 1 (10% Porter) *Barrel Aged
  • Ølfabrikken Porter 2008 (7.5% Porter)
Doppelbock
  • Cherry Oak Doppelbock - Brothers' Reserve Series #1 (9% Doppelbock)

**edited: to add location

•Three Floyds Dark Lord Imperial Stout 2008 (13% Imperial Stout) *Barrel Aged

Where did you get BA Dark Lord? :)

Wish I could come to this but maybe some day we'll meet up for a beer and cigar. I would love to come out for the Black Tuesday or Pliny the Younger release party sometime.

•Three Floyds Dark Lord Imperial Stout 2008 (13% Imperial Stout) *Barrel Aged

Where did you get BA Dark Lord? :)

Wish I could come to this but maybe some day we'll meet up for a beer and cigar. I would love to come out for the Black Tuesday or Pliny the Younger release party sometime.
Oops Typo ... LOL. Had you salivating there for a while :whistling: :laugh:
If you can make it Greg I have a couple of other bottles I will throw in the mix I know you've been wanting to try :whistling: :rolleyes:

PM sent! This sounds amazing! Can/Should I bring anything?

-Jimmy

PM sent! This sounds amazing! Can/Should I bring anything?

-Jimmy
Just a thirst for beer!

My only suggestion is if you don't want to drink from a plastic cup (sorry I may not have enough glassware) bring your own glass.

BYOG :thumbs: :laugh:

Nice! My spot's reserved right?

Are you going to Nick's tasting on Saturday?
Im charging you double ... No Nick's, I have the kids this weekend but I have a bottle I want you to take to him if you can

Nice! My spot's reserved right?

Are you going to Nick's tasting on Saturday?
Im charging you double ... No Nick's, I have the kids this weekend but I have a bottle I want you to take to him if you can

No go for me either. When do you want to meet up since I got your Cuvee Delphine.

If you are not going then don't worry about it ... he will have plenty of bottles there :D
You going to OC for the bottle of BT? Are you going to the Double Tree on the 24th? We will figure something out ... I have a bottle of Nemesis 2010 for you :thumbs:

Damn...If I weren't 2000 miles away...
We need to set up a yearly national Beer and Cigar HERF ... Philly Craft Beer Festival sounds like a good canidant? ??? ??? March 5th, 2011 ... I am sure Philly Mike can be our PA tour guide :whistling: :whistling:
OR Pliny the Younger Release Party usually in Feb OR some other special release party ...

If you are not going then don't worry about it ... he will have plenty of bottles there :D
You going to OC for the bottle of BT? Are you going to the Double Tree on the 24th? We will figure something out ... I have a bottle of Nemesis 2010 for you :thumbs:

Yup, need to pick up Greg's Black Tuesday. Like every year, I will miss the Thanksgiving Herf since I'll be in San Francisco.

Can't pick up BT until Nov. 5th. Might need to carpool on the 6th unless Shan wants to go on the 5th.

Yup, need to pick up Greg's Black Tuesday. Like every year, I will miss the Thanksgiving Herf since I'll be in San Francisco.

Can't pick up BT until Nov. 5th. Might need to carpool on the 6th unless Shan wants to go on the 5th.
I may be able to go with you next Friday ... I got to pick up my bottle as well. Maybe we can stop by the tastin room for some Cherry Chocolate Rain

I may be able to go with you next Friday ... I got to pick up my bottle as well. Maybe we can stop by the tastin room for some Cherry Chocolate Rain

Cherry Choc Rain wasn't as good as Choc. Rain. The BT bottles are at the Bruery Provisions and that's different than the Bruery tasting room. Any word on FW 14 and Victory at Sea. Dropped by the normal bottle shops and still not out.

Cherry Choc Rain wasn't as good as Choc. Rain. The BT bottles are at the Bruery Provisions and that's different than the Bruery tasting room. Any word on FW 14 and Victory at Sea. Dropped by the normal bottle shops and still not out.
Oh snap ... Well FW 14 is due till mid November. Not sure about Victory at Sea but may have to get a growler when it comes out.

Rod, you should try and make this tasting. Its a good way to get into craft beer jumping in with both feet.

Mike,

Victory at Sea has been released. Bottles are showing up in Orange County.