• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beer Tasting @ my place

If you are not going then don't worry about it ... he will have plenty of bottles there :D
You going to OC for the bottle of BT? Are you going to the Double Tree on the 24th? We will figure something out ... I have a bottle of Nemesis 2010 for you :thumbs:

Yup, need to pick up Greg's Black Tuesday. Like every year, I will miss the Thanksgiving Herf since I'll be in San Francisco.

Can't pick up BT until Nov. 5th. Might need to carpool on the 6th unless Shan wants to go on the 5th.
I may be able to go with you next Friday ... I got to pick up my bottle as well. Maybe we can stop by the tastin room for some Cherry Chocolate Rain

Cherry Choc Rain wasn't as good as Choc. Rain. The BT bottles are at the Bruery Provisions and that's different than the Bruery tasting room. Any word on FW 14 and Victory at Sea. Dropped by the normal bottle shops and still not out.

From what I've read the Provisions shop also has a tasting room and you can get things there that aren't available at most other places. Wish I could pick up my own bottle and enjoy a glass or two of some Bruery goodness with you guys.

edit for link to provisions beerfly reviews: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23945 Ugh looks like they have/had Melange #3 and 100% barrel aged Coton.

Mike, if I had the money I would fly out there once a month for a tasting with you guys. Maybe bring some good stuff of my own. I would be down for PtY or maybe Black Tuesday next year if we can get tickets. I also plan to go to GABF either next year or the year after (getting married next year a few months later so that may be a bad time).

Greg,

GABF would be awesome. I know in the past that a bunch of CP member's would show up, Justin, Jonas, etc...

PtY is too much of a circus and heard they don't do growler fill's so won't be worth it. Besides, bars down in LA get kegs.

Sucks that I had a self imposed ban on Bruery products until I got the BT tickets, I could have got some Coton for you, maybe even bal aged.

Mike got me a Coton so I'm all good on that front but I wouldn't have minded a bottle of the 100% BA version. Hopefully I can get a Reserve Society membership so I can get all these special releases next year.

If you are ever in town, we can always do another one.
Most definately! Justin you are always welcome at my place!

If any of CP members are in the area, shoot me a PM, there are some great local dive bars you might enjoy...
plus it will give me reason to open a couple of bottles in my vino temp :blush: :whistling:

Damn...If I weren't 2000 miles away...

If you are ever in town, we can always do another one.

I was real close to having another work trip down there, but it fell through at the last minute. :(

:angry: :angry:

I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in, but what is good at Bruery? Any recommendations?

I will definitely try to make this, however that weekend is usually when we're in Vegas. Will keep you posted. Thanks...

I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in, but what is good at Bruery? Any recommendations?

Name some beers you like and I can make a few recommendations. You gotta love Belgians though because most of their selection are belgian themed/inspired beers. Gunga Galunga, their thai beer, was hella nasty.

Not a fan of heff or fruity beers, but other than that I am game. :) I am wondering if I should just head over and try their beers from the top down.

Not a fan of heff or fruity beers, but other than that I am game. :) I am wondering if I should just head over and try their beers from the top down.

Don't go to the Bruery itself but go to the Bruery Provisions in Orange. They have flights/samplers of their beers available at decent prices.

Decided to swing by and pick up a bottle yesterday to try out before I swing through Orange. Picked up the Mischief. I don't have any tasting notes, but I liked it. I guess its time to find me a driver and head over for some samplers and samplers and samplers. :D

So far, including myself, I have 9 may have room for 2 more. This way we can get about 2oz per ... may have to bring out some more bottles :whistling: :whistling:

So far, including myself, I have 9 may have room for 2 more. This way we can get about 2oz per ... may have to bring out some more bottles :whistling: :whistling:

I forgot to send a pm so I'm hoping that I'm one of the 9.

Mike, when my buddies and I have done this in the past we all bring our own to share. I don't have any HTF's in my stash but I'm more than willing to bring some beers to share.

Well I dont think I am gonna put a limit ... so come one come all :whistling:
We will figure something out ... I have plenty of beers for everyone. :blush:

I forgot to send a pm so I'm hoping that I'm one of the 9.
Of course I counted you in :rolleyes:

Mike, when my buddies and I have done this in the past we all bring our own to share. I don't have any HTF's in my stash but I'm more than willing to bring some beers to share.
I was hoping to lower my bottle count :rolleyes: :blush: but if you want to bring something to share, by all means :thumbs:

This sounds awesome, I'd love to go but it's a little out of my range. Plus I might be working that weekend.

Also, Bruery, thinking about heading out there in a couple of weeks, anyone know if cigars are acceptable around the establishment?

Im thinking of adding a few more bottles to the list:
  • Einers Folly Vanilla Imperial Porter
  • La Roja 2008 Vintage
  • La Parcela Pumpkin Ale

Im thinking of adding a few more bottles to the list:
  • Einers Folly Vanilla Imperial Porter
  • La Roja 2008 Vintage
  • La Parcela Pumpkin Ale

Dude, you are breaking out the good stuff. Can't wait to try Einer's Folly and the Smoke from the Oak. Hell, next time you want to thin the herd, I'll just buy the bottles off you.