• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beer Trade

MAS_Puros

Me as a wee one with my bottle of Abyss
What would you guys considered a fair trade for a bottle of Dark Lord?

I currently have this in my inventory but want to make sure:
  • St Bernardus Abt 12 60th Anni
  • RR Temptation
  • RR Supplication
  • FW 12
  • De Proef Reserve Signature Ale (w/ Tomme Aurthur)

I recently traded a bottle of Angel Share for a bottle of DL.

Mas

I would definitely think that the De Proef Reserve Signature Ale would fly, in fact I would make that trade.

The St. Bernie, although is decent, it's not DL, and the production numbers are too high, I think my local still has plenty.

IMO the RR would be a close call Jonas can give better insight on that. The FW12 IMO has yet to be proven, I like the 11 the best. Now if you have an 11 we would talk.

Mas

I would definitely think that the De Proef Reserve Signature Ale would fly, in fact I would make that trade.
You game ... :whistling:

The St. Bernie, although is decent, it's not DL, and the production numbers are too high, I think my local still has plenty.
The St Bernie 60th is actually Retired
IMO the RR would be a close call Jonas can give better insight on that. The FW12 IMO has yet to be proven, I like the 11 the best. Now if you have an 11 we would talk.
Hmmm I do have a FW11 but I would have to seriously consider.

Send me the 2 RR and I will send you DL from last year. (bottle label is a bit damaged due to a bottle exploding) But afterall you are not drinking the label.. Let me know . I Love me some russian river.

Send me the 2 RR and I will send you DL from last year. (bottle label is a bit damaged due to a bottle exploding) But afterall you are not drinking the label.. Let me know . I Love me some russian river.

The only issue I have is I have never had a Wild Ale beer ... I was hoping to have one superbowl weekend and trade the other. I've had them for a little over a year and have been waiting to try. Thanks for the offer Alex I would definately think about it.

What is the flavor profile of DL compared to? See I love stouts and porters, but some are just are way over the top for me. Examples:
Stone IRS 08 is rated high but a bit harsh for my palate. In my opinion Old Rasputin, Storm King, Speedway Stout and Abyss were way above this brew. I love the balance and creamy tastes, man I love east coast beers! IMO east caost beer are way more balance then west coast beers. No matter what style, even the hoppy brews.

Mike

edited: forgot to add Storm King

Mike, I wish I had a DL for you, but I've never even seen one. The two RR's are fantastic! I prefer the temptation and I think both bottles I had were batch 2 maybe. I love what the sour cherries add to the suplication.

You have to get your hands on Some Mckeller's Black. This beer is way over the top. The most unbalanced beer I have tasted. But a definate must try.

DLD is one of the most balanced RIS i have tried.

JL audio and I did a tasting 3 weeks aog. We sampled over 15 RIS/Stouts. And I have to say DL was definately in the top 3.

You have to get your hands on Some Mckeller's Black. This beer is way over the top. The most unbalanced beer I have tasted. But a definate must try.

DLD is one of the most balanced RIS i have tried.

JL audio and I did a tasting 3 weeks aog. We sampled over 15 RIS/Stouts. And I have to say DL was definately in the top 3.

Why oh why was Tim and I not told about this? We would have made the trip and contributed. Oh well see at DLD 09.

Keith

• RR Temptation
  • RR Supplication
  • FW 12

Here is my opinion on the perceived value for value in a trade..

• St Bernardus Abt 12 60th Anni -- Fairly common, maybe if combined with something else.
  • RR Temptation - Sought after but not quite as rare as the DL. If you threw in an extra it would be a good trade.
  • RR Supplication - Same as the temptation.
  • FW 12 - Fair trade, one for one with the DL.
  • De Proef Reserve Signature Ale (w/ Tomme Aurthur) - Not sure on this one. It is an excellent beer but might need an extra to even out due to DL rarity.

Take that for what its worth, it is of course percieved value and everyone has different tastes but I feel this is the way a majority of beer traders out there would feel. :thumbs:

As far as the flavor profile of the DL, it is an excellent beer. What really makes it stand out is the mouthfeel, it is unlike any other beer out there, almost like drinking heavy cream.

The wild ales, well I love them, some people hate them. When done right (and all of the RR wild ales are) they are a brewing masterpiece as the brewer has to be exceptionally talented to use wild yeast strains. Temptation and Supplication are different enough that I would hold on and try both of them if you are interested in getting into the style. Trade the 12 and maybe throw in a tag along.

I think the FW12 would be a fair trade. IIRC the production level is pretty similar as well as the price. I'd just as soon have the Russian Rivers, but I'm kind of down on Imperial Stouts right now. Of course my local, Boulevard just released their first IS last week, so I did have to buy a couple of bottles. :D

• RR Temptation
  • RR Supplication
  • FW 12

• St Bernardus Abt 12 60th Anni -- Fairly common, maybe if combined with something else.
  • RR Temptation - Sought after but not quite as rare as the DL. If you threw in an extra it would be a good trade.
  • De Proef Reserve Signature Ale (w/ Tomme Aurthur) - Not sure on this one. It is an excellent beer but might need an extra to even out due to DL rarity.

Take that for what its worth, it is of course percieved value and everyone has different tastes but I feel this is the way a majority of beer traders out there would feel. :thumbs:

As far as the flavor profile of the DL, it is an excellent beer. What really makes it stand out is the mouthfeel, it is unlike any other beer out there, almost like drinking heavy cream.

The wild ales, well I love them, some people hate them. When done right (and all of the RR wild ales are) they are a brewing masterpiece as the brewer has to be exceptionally talented to use wild yeast strains. Temptation and Supplication are different enough that I would hold on and try both of them if you are interested in getting into the style. Trade the 12 and maybe throw in a tag along.

Thanks for the words of wisdom Jonas. Well I think I will keep and try at least one of my RR's. If I find its not to my taking I would be willing to offer one of the RR's plus FW 12 for a Dark Lord
:D :D :D

But 1 question Jonas ... Can you still buy St Bernardus Abt 12 60th Anni that comes in a tin? These aren't sold here anymore and I was told that the 60th Anni and regular Abt 12 were different blends. Also that the 60th Anni version is retired.So doesn't it make this a rare beer?

If anyone wants to do an even trade for FW 12 and your Dark Lord ... LMK :blush: Did I happen to mention its my birthday next month ... :D :whistling: :blush:

• RR Temptation
  • RR Supplication
  • FW 12

Thanks for the words of wisdom Jonas. Well I think I will keep and try at least one of my RR's. If I find its not to my taking I would be willing to offer one of the RR's plus FW 12 for a Dark Lord
:D :D :D

But 1 question Jonas ... Can you still buy St Bernardus Abt 12 60th Anni that comes in a tin?
These aren't sold here anymore and I was told that the 60th Anni and regular Abt 12 were different blends. Also that the 60th Anni version is retired.So doesn't it make this a rare beer?

If anyone wants to do an even trade for FW 12 and your Dark Lord ... LMK :blush: Did I happen to mention its my birthday next month ... :D :whistling: :blush:

I still see them every once in a while. They made enough of them that even though they have been retired for almost 2 years, they are still somewhat easy to find. It is an awesome one to have as it is a great presentation with the tin and a kick ass brew to boot. :thumbs:

Someone jump on the FW12. I can tell you it is well worth the trade.

I still see them every once in a while. They made enough of them that even though they have been retired for almost 2 years, they are still somewhat easy to find. It is an awesome one to have as it is a great presentation with the tin and a kick ass brew to boot. :thumbs:

Someone jump on the FW12. I can tell you it is well worth the trade.

Thanks everyone for your input. Jonas I have a pending trade on BA, My FW12 for DL 08 .... Can't wait :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

For any of the members who made DLD, anybody want to trade a couple bottles of DL for FW 12?

For any of the members who made DLD, anybody want to trade a couple bottles of DL for FW 12?

I can think of a couple of guys who would/should be interested. Just to clarify, are you offering a 1 for 1 trade or 2 bottles of DL for 1 FW12?

I was thinking 1 for 1....That seemed to be the going rate per this thread unless I am missing something. Is 2 DL for 1 FW 12 the going rate?

Im looking for some RR Sours. Willing to trade. Sorry to threadjack.! :whistling: