• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beer : What's on your Top 5?

In no particular order:

Goose Island Bourbon County Stouts(haven't found one yet I didn't think was really damn good)
Deschutes Abyss and Stoic
Boulevard Saison and Bourbon Barrel Quad
Avery Meph
St. Arnolds BB#4

Close runners up:
Boulevard Rye on Rye
Independence Oatmeal Stout
512 Pecan Porter
512 Bourbon Barrel Double Pecan Porter
St. Arnolds BB#2,5,6
St. Arnolds Pumpkinator
Real Ale Imperial Stout
Avery Czar, Uncle Jacobs, Beast, Rumpkin
Lagunitas Imperial Stout

Makes me thirsty thinking about it...

tsmckenney said:
Pliny
Nugget Nectar
Arctic Panzer (3 Floyds)
Mau Coconut Porter
Route de Epices
No Surly or Oskar Blues?  I've had the Coconut Porter, very good beer.

**** Damn double quote, editing that out *****

bfreebern said:

Pliny
Nugget Nectar
Arctic Panzer (3 Floyds)
Mau Coconut Porter
Route de Epices

tsmckenney said:
Pliny
Nugget Nectar
Arctic Panzer (3 Floyds)
Mau Coconut Porter
Route de Epices

No Surly or Oskar Blues?

I expected to see some Coffee Bender on here.

Founder's Hand of Doom is a really good hoppy beer. I should have made a stout and IPA list. I didn't see the wish list when I first posted.

Wish list:
FW any anniversary
Kate the Great
Surly Darkness
Any Westy  (might fix this in the summer)
More KBS

In no particular order:

Pliny the Elder
Racer 5
Cafe Racer 15
Laugunitas Sucks
Eye of the Hawk

Lagunitas Sucks is a damn fine beer! This should have been a top ten list. So hard to limit it to only five beers.

jfields said:
Lagunitas Sucks is a damn fine beer! This should have been a top ten list. So hard to limit it to only five beers.

Add a few more then.  Honestly, it's so overwhelming going into a liquor store and trying to figure out what to guy.  Between you and Jimmy (emoshun) I've got a pretty good start, but damn there are a ton of beers out there.  A lot of places won't ship to the bible belt either.

I've not had any on anyone's top 5........but will work on that this weekend!

Usually when I drink beer (more of a hard brown liquor guy, really) I go with one of Shiner's seasonal releases (the current FM966 Farmhouse Ale is quite tasty) but of fancier fare that I've tried, the three that really, REALLY stand out are:

Delirium Nocturnum
Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock
Chimay Blue

~Boar

bfreebern said:

Add a few more then.  Honestly, it's so overwhelming going into a liquor store and trying to figure out what to guy.  Between you and Jimmy (emoshun) I've got a pretty good start, but damn there are a ton of beers out there.  A lot of places won't ship to the bible belt either.

I've not had any on anyone's top 5........but will work on that this weekend!

I bet everyone here would ship to the bible belt.

Speaking of Bible Belt, Prairie is set to release their collaboration with Evil Twin this weekend.  I've read it's Even More Jesus, with the Prairie adjuncts added:

"Prairie Bible Belt is described as “a blend of Bomb! and Evil Twin’s Even More Jesus with an extra kick to raise the fun level!”

We'll see if I can find any on Monday, when it should be on the shelves.

Westy 12
Rochefort 10
Deschutes The Abyss
Terrapin Wake N Bake
Ten Fidy/Stone RIS tied for 5th

Honorable mention to Guinness at the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin.  It's pretty amazing to drink it at the source.  Cigar City also needs a mention for overall greatness, but I haven't had any of their legendary beers yet.

Blue Dragon said:

Just to tease Brandon: 
13155472575_02ffbb82ab.jpg

And none of these will be travelling in our Blind 5er .. cuz then it wouldn't be blind!

Bells Bourbon Barrel Batch 9000
Bourbon County Coffee
Bourbon County Rare
Heady Topper or Arctic Dekoorc Eert (citra single hopped crooked tree from Dark Horse) (my 2 favorite IPAs hard to pick between the 2)
Kuhnhenn Raspberry Eisbock... 2007 release is just insane right now. 

Southern Tier Backburner Barleywine
Southern Tier 2XIPA
Troegs Mad Elf
Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald
Voodoo Brewing Grand Met

Boulevard BBQ
Boulevard Experimental Foeder
Zoetzuur - Belgian sour - had one time with Brent and it was the best sour I've ever had.
Stone Vertical Epic 10
Ayinger Oktoberfest
Ayinger Celebrator
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout - tried and love the original, but have yet to try the different editions

Keegan Ales Milk Stout

Davidson Bros Oatmeal Stout

Lagunitas IPA

Long hammer IPA

Omeggang Rare Vos

Have give an honorable mention to Dogfish Head 120 min IPA but it's too expensive and too rare to put on my list.

gtadroptop said:
Southern Tier Backburner Barleywine
Southern Tier 2XIPA
Troegs Mad Elf
Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald
Voodoo Brewing Grand Met
I'm surprised Pumpking didn't make your list John.