• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Before I begin..

modF

Greetings Everyone!
I have been reading the forum as a guest for a while, and I think I am about ready to get my feet wet. Now I am a newbie (less than 1 year) of cigar smoking. But I have found that I REALLY enjoy Sancho Panza Primeroso's. For the price and the taste they really appeal to me. I'd like to stick 15 in a caddy and see what happens.
My first question is of course: Anyone interested? :)

Second question, I saw these travel humidors called "Cigar Caddies" at my local shop for about 20 dollars. It seems like a worthy investment, has anyone tried these out?

Please be gentle on my first try :)

I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with the Sancho Panza line of cigars. What can you tell me (us) about them? Hand made? Mild/Full Bodied? Where are they made?

Just curious.....
Dave :)

As far as the cigar caddy - I've found that no matter what you find at the store (humidor wise - not necessarily cigars) - you can find it cheaper online. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the advise on the humidor, I'll be sure to check around.

The Sancho Panza line is mostly Honduran filler (Cuban seed), I have been searching for a few of the Cubans, but no luck. :) Keeping in mind I am fairly new the the game, IMO they seem to be a medium smoke, with a nice flavor. The Primeroso's are the 6 3/4 x 47 size.

Quoted from cigar.com "A cigar of uncommon character and taste, worthy of its Cuban heritage, Sancho Panza combines Connecticut Shade wrapper carefully grown and selected by its makers with Cuban-seed filler tobaccos and a rich Connecticut Broadleaf binder"

Let me know if there is anything else I can answer.

Hello, modF. I have only tried one of the SP's. I don't remember which it was but do remember I did enjoy it.

Regarding the Cigar Caddy, I use one of the 15 cigar models. It is a good travel humi. The only draw back that I have found is, the foam inserts are hard to take out when loaded making it a bit difficult to get to your smokes at the bottom of it. Still, it is a good one.

I have participated in a few passes on this board and, depending on the line up, would be interested in yours. When I say depending on line up, I mean, if not too high end. I don't possess a lot of it.

Great I'm thinking this will be in the 4-6 dollar range, that seems to be a good budget for me now :) I'd be more than happy to get the ball rolling.

Alright alright - FINE!  I'll join - are you happy now?!?!!

LOL

Seriously - I'd love to start you off with a good pass.  Count me in.

Snailer sent via Messenger.

Dave  :thumbs:

Haha! I think I like this crowd :)

Got it, and started the list :)

Hey, I know I haven't ever been around here before, but if you guys need some more people in this I'm game. I have a couple of dor's ful and some of em are even good.

Yo Dave. FYI I've tried all the different sizes of the SPs. They range from mild to medium bodied depending on the size. They're a decent smoke at a very reasonable price. Hand made cigar from Honduras. Part of the General Cigar Co. line. Hope this helps.

Thanks Wolf - sounds like something right up my alley. I look forward to trying a few.

Dave :thumbs:

Not including myself we have 3 folks w/ a confirmed address, so we are getting there.

After searching online, I found the cigar caddy (3500 series) for about a dollar less than what my local store had it for ($26.00). Since I would have paid that in shipping, I went ahead an picked up the cigars and the caddy today.

I don't think this would be a problem, but I just want to make sure. Is it ok for a friend IRL to join in? He has no computer, as he is one of those folks who think they are evil :)

Two things - did you try eBay? How 'bout CigarBid.com?

Secondly - IT'S YOUR PASS! You can do whatever you want. I've done that myself in one of my passes. I just made him the last passer so when I got it at the end, I (without opening it!) handed it to him - he made his transactions and then handed it back to me. Just a suggestion.....

Dave :cool:

CigarBid.com, that is a great site :)

This is the closest I could find:
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=36474

I think I paid a fair price for the one I have now. I will be checking out a few of those auctions though :)

I am pretty much set to go on my end, as soon as we have a few more people we can kick 'er off.

newbie here too. totally unfamiliar with anything SP. Everyone, be gentle with me too. :p

What's that Horse? You want to join this pass?

LOL
Dave :p

Don't be shy, anyone can join! :thumbs:

Matty: Send me your info, and I will put you on the list.

Count me in, just sent a msg with my snail mail. Been lurking on these boards for a while, figured it was time to come out of the shadows.

'Sherm

PS-I'll agree with Dave, if you haven't checked out cigarbid.com yet, you are missing some great deals and selection.

I have all of your info saved and ready, Welcome :)

I just won my first auction on CigarBid.com tonight, I think it is really a shame that ebay will not allow tobacco to be sold.