• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best 3 online cigar retailers?

Jeff, I'm not keeping it going. I'm more than happy to let it die. I have no hard feelings toward anyone and hope that others who post can discuss issues like this without holding grudges.

To me, this can be a sensitive subject.

I try to keep my purchases discreet. For my ability to keep procuring smokes, and for the vendors ability to keep his account(s)

In some instances it is best to not tell too much until you have an idea of who you are giving the information to, and how they will use and

possibly share it. If a vendor gives you righteous pricing, then it is in the best interest of all concerned that you check with the vendor to see if

he minds you sharing any and what information.

If you ask me, and I say I'm not telling you, then live with it. I have my reasons, and it is none of your business why.

I don't understand why people insist on sticking around here if they think it's so terrible. If you don't like the way things are, leave.

It's appalling that people who have earned more respect than just about anyone around here are treated like they are insignificant.

[/quote]

My point is that many of us have spent years finding vendors, etc and when a 2 day old member joins and asks for our 3 Best Retailers, it sort of rubs me the wrong way. Do some damn research, call vendors, price them against others, etc.
[/quote]

Sir, so if I understand you correctly... If I move into your neighborhood and come up to you shortly after to ask you where is a good place to go grocery shopping... Am I to understand that I do not deserve to know where a good grocery store is UNTIL I live in the neighborhood long enough to have put in my dues? Obviously the grocery store is a metaphor for a online dealer. I am not only surprised, but slightly offended by this lack of hospitality. I do not want you to mistake this as a flame, it is not. However, there was a good reason that I asked the original question. The reason was that I am a brand new member to this site. Until I asked the original question, dispite of all the links and banners, I did not know who or even if there were reputable sellers on this site. From the first 2 or 3 responses, I now know that there are plenty reputable sellers on this site and will gladly participate and purchase from cigarpass members before going to outside websites.

I am new to the world of cigars and want to fit in and get along with everyone here. As of right now, I only own 4 cigars in my humidor. I did not mean to be intrusive, all I wanted to do was add to my very small collection. No harm or disrespect to cigarpass or it's members was ever intended.

My new friends, lets all go enjoy a cigar now. (Damn, I am down to just three!! :) )

I apologize to you if my simple words treated you indifferently.

But, don't expect anything further from me after this exchange.

I have never expected or asked anything of you other than common courtesy. Keep your backhanded apology.
I had a far more direct reply in mind, but for the sake of common courtesy I'll delete it.

Had you a clue about what Anthony has done for all of us and Cigar Pass over the years, you'd STFU and let this lie. Had you a clue about what a fantastic guy Anthony is, you'd take a far different tone.

You are quick to criticize yet slow to learn. Your argue from a point of inexperience and ignorance. You ignore the advice of other more experienced members when offered for your own good.

You are, as they say, "done". Expect nothing further from me as well.

Thank goodness for dullaney! Someone FINALLY with some sense... :thumbs:

Seriously - dullaney - you go get 'em! You're wisdom and logic is unwavering! Not another member of this site holds a candle to you, brother... :cool:

Lee - Your response and demeanor towards Anthony is uncalled for. I understand you're still new and not familiar with the history behind CP, or what some members have done for CP (Anthony especially), therefore I advise you learn more about this community before quoting rules or going head to head with some of the most respected members.

CP is not an internet newsgroup where people can join, post their question, get an answer and leave. Some of you guys just don't get it. This is a COMMUNITY not a FORUM/NEWSGROUP. We welcome everyone and encourage all members to be part of the community. We're not Yahoo Answers (http://answers.yahoo.com/) - don't join CP and start asking questions about vendors. Join in on the conversations, get to know the group, establish yourself as a member, and then you can start reaping the benefits of CP. Once you establish yourself as a true member, then you'll realize what a friendly and knowledgeable community this is. If you guys don't like how CP is run, don't come here, simple as that.

Some of you newer guys need to focus on establishing yourself within the community rather than trying to change how things are done.

Sorry, Rod. After not posting for a while, I see where I got too caught up in the argument.

Anthony, you have my apologies.

Lee

Sorry for my English I am not english speaking. I was looking for an Elie Bleu humidor at a good price. A French friend of mine recommended www.ewbrokers.com. I purchased the humidor from them and was more than happy. I then bought my Davidoff cigars from them and was more than satisfied with their service and with their prices.

BKSinAZ

Finally I think the undue battles within this thread are done but I still feel compelled to explain your folly in your analogy. No! It's not at all like asking a new neighbor where to shop for groceries. It's safe to assume you didn't spend $300,000 to buy that house because of the grocery stores, in other words your investment was for other reasons. When you move in to a neighborhood you have made a huge investment in that neighborhood, here you have only invested enough time find out that this is the best community in the world for cigar knowledge. It's like seeking out the neighborhood which has the highest population of doctors and posting a sign, before you even buy a house, asking who has the cheapest fees.

Stick around, learn about the passion, meet some of the best people you may ever meet, give a little, get a lot.

Edited for spelling and to add

Fiver says thulotvincent will be banned by the end of the day for shilling trinkets and counterfiet cigars. JK, Rod might be busy :D

Sorry for my English I am not english speaking. I was looking for an Elie Bleu humidor at a good price. A French friend of mine recommended www.ewbrokers.com. I purchased the humidor from them and was more than happy. I then bought my Davidoff cigars from them and was more than satisfied with their service and with their prices.

I apologize if this derails the thread, but STOP plugging the damn website.

Three posts, three plugs.

I think it's time to get rid of this guy, obviously he has no intention of being a member here.

BigJake6904. Sorry I do not speak English very well and I do not know how exactly this forum is working. I am new on it and I love good cigars. I read that a member wanted to find 3 good retailers on the web and I replied that I was more than happy with ewbrokers.com. Why did I make a mistake? I am not in touch with them, I am only a satisfied customer...

BigJake6904. Sorry I do not speak English very well and I do not know how exactly this forum is working. I am new on it and I love good cigars. I read that a member wanted to find 3 good retailers on the web and I replied that I was more than happy with ewbrokers.com.Why did I make a mistake? I am not in touch with them, I am only a satisfied customer...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

4 for 4!!!!

BigJake6904. Sorry I do not speak English very well and I do not know how exactly this forum is working. I am new on it and I love good cigars. I read that a member wanted to find 3 good retailers on the web and I replied that I was more than happy with ewbrokers.com. Why did I make a mistake? I am not in touch with them, I am only a satisfied customer...

Haha! BAN HAMMER! :thumbs:

My head still hurts from this debacle.

Brandon, I owe you an apology as well. I did not intend to drag you into any trouble or cause you grief. You are one of the most level-headed and respectful posters and FOGs that I read on CP. I also owe you, Rod and the board an explanation. I don't like being lumped into the "entitlement" group. I also don't care about changing anything. I just want to talk to folks about cigars and life and make friends. Just over a month ago, this same question was presented by an infant member. http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=57291 It went on for 3 pages and folks pointed him to the brothers here. Several months ago, I was also pointed to the brothers here for my retailer needs and I have been blessed to have met such fine gentleman as Isy and Jim. Of course, I should have just posted search results, as this has come up years before as well . . . http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=5136 I post these links to show the confusion this might cause a newer member. A lot of us read A LOT, but, as Rod said, don't have a firm grasp on how things are done or why they are done at certain times.

Anyway, you guys are right, I don't understand yet and my opinions/questions were unnecessary. I don't like being labeled, but that's not for me to decide. I apologize to all for any comments I made that were out-of-line.

Lee