• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Not-So-Famous Movie

Castaway

I didn't want to hijack the "Best Movie Ever" thread, so...

Post here a movie that you think is great but that the rest of us might have missed.

My nomination is "The Pope of Greenwich Village" with Mickey Rourke and Eric Roberts. Great NY mob movie, with teriffic music. :thumbs:

Kevin Smiths Clerks or Chasing Amy. Foreign would be Tokyo Decadence or Motorcycle Diaries.

if youve seen this movie, you know how great it is. if you havent seen it, you have no idea what your missing. probably one of my top 3 movies of all time.

memento.

Vanilla Sky...

"Tech. Support!!!!" - from the movie. It's awesome if you are into those types of movies where you watch it 6 times later and still pick up little details.

Papillon staring Dustin Hoffman and Steve McQueen.

Then again I like all of McQueen's pics.

OK I'll bite.

Contemp:
Whats eating Gilbert Grape with Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Juliette Lewis

Oldie but a goodie.
Rear Window with Jimmey Stewart

Comedie
Better off Dead with John Cusak or most of his early work. You just gotta love his little bro building a space shuttle from household appliances and picking up trashy women with the instruction book he mail ordered.

Russell

grand cru no 2 said:
Suicide Kings, starring Christopher Walken.
[snapback]200923[/snapback]​

I have to agree!!!
Get the DVD there are alt. endings!!!

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: Across the 8th Dimension

...but then, I'm a bit on the strange side.

How about David Lynch's "Wild At Heart" with Nicholas Cage, Laura Dern, Wilem Dafoe and many others. Freekin' WILD! :whistling:

Or a creepy oldie like "Night Of The Hunter" or the original "Cape Fear", both starring Robert Mitchum. He plays a VERY bad dude in both. :0

emodx said:
Kevin Smiths Clerks or Chasing Amy. Foreign would be Tokyo Decadence or Motorcycle Diaries.
[snapback]200914[/snapback]​

Kevin Smith rocks.

my favorite non-famous movie, which I probably should have put on the other thread, is

Donnie Darko

man what a great movie.

marcsheldon said:
if youve seen this movie, you know how great it is. if you havent seen it, you have no idea what your missing. probably one of my top 3 movies of all time.

memento.
[snapback]200915[/snapback]​

grand cru no 2 said:
Suicide Kings, starring Christopher Walken.
[snapback]200923[/snapback]​

I have to agree with both of these. Great movies. :thumbs:

Spaceballs!
My wife votes for Galaxy Quest... she was snorting coke out her nose on that one...

Lumberg said:
emodx said:
[snapback]200914[/snapback]​

Kevin Smith rocks.

my favorite non-famous movie, which I probably should have put on the other thread, is

Donnie Darko

man what a great movie.
[snapback]200974[/snapback]​
I thought Donnie Darko was horrible.

ree ree robusto said:
That's a toss up between:

They Call Me Bruce

or

Raising Arizona.

Ree
[snapback]200967[/snapback]​
LOL@ They Call Me Bruce.... Good flick

All time favorite and one not to be missed:

MY NAME IS NOBODY

For something a bit more recent how about:

LEON

I would first add ANY movie by David Lynch. Then ANY movie by Jim Jarmusch (esp., Mystery Train, Down by Law, Dead Man, or Coffee & Cigarettes).