• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Not-So-Famous Movie

Captain Leafheart said:
American Me with Edward James Olmos.

About some '60's west coast chicano gang members that end up in prison, ruling the chicano gang in there and their inability to adjust to life outside.

One of those realistic/shocking/gritty/what life is like in the joint type movies.
[snapback]201156[/snapback]​

American Me is a great flick. Particularly if you are at all familiar with the Whittier Blvd. scene and spent any time out in So. Cal.

Speaking of "life-in-the-joint" flicks...anyone else seen CHOPPER? Wow. Check it out. True story as well.

Matty_Vegas said:
I am a HUGE forgien film buff...so my pics might be a bit strange

Takashi Miike's AUDITION...

On an American scope...I gotta go with Session 9..best damn horror movie ever....
[snapback]201147[/snapback]​

Seen both actually. Audition was truly freaky. Session 9 blew me away. Maybe I saw it too late at night and my senses were dulled, but I never saw that ending coming.

My Life with Micheal Keaton (sp) and Nichole Kidman...great humor, great story, powerful!

Office Space, an instant classic!

MiamiCubano said:
Speaking of "life-in-the-joint" flicks...anyone else seen CHOPPER? Wow. Check it out. True story as well.
[snapback]201162[/snapback]​

Is that the one bout the Aussie gangster that chops of his....
well, I won't spoil it. Good flick!

Someone help me with a title. The film was about the beginning of WW III, and how a group of strange folks in a diner in LA handle it. The war never actually happens.

One of my favorite scenes is when the main character crashes his car into a palm tree and palm rats rain down on the hood. Anyone know this one?

Oh, and another candidate, the new release of "Das Boot". :thumbs:

"Army of Darkness" always makes me laugh, so many one liners...
"You ain't leading but two things now, jack and ****, and jack just left town."

"Zoolander" is great too.

Most of these mentioned are fairly well known.

In that light I would agree on
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
Snatch
The Boondock Saints
My Name Is Nobody
Army of Darkness

and how about

L.A. Confidential
Highlander
Heat
Payback
Blazing Saddles
We Were Soldiers
Mad Max
Any of the Trinity movies
Spy Game
Kelly's Heros
Super Troopers
Swordfish
The Crew
The Crow
The Professional
Top Secret
The Saint
Way of the Gun
100 Girls
Formula 51

As much as I like movies it shames me to say I haven't been to a theatre since Hot Shots, Part Deux was playing. Sometime back in 1993.

edited for Peekay

MiamiCubano said:
Matty_Vegas said:
I am a HUGE forgien film buff...so my pics might be a bit strange

Takashi Miike's AUDITION...

On an American scope...I gotta go with Session 9..best damn horror movie ever....
[snapback]201147[/snapback]​

Seen both actually. Audition was truly freaky. Session 9 blew me away. Maybe I saw it too late at night and my senses were dulled, but I never saw that ending coming.
[snapback]201163[/snapback]​

Check out the Machinist..starring Christian Bale..directed by the same people as Session 9

Kentucky Fried Movie

Here's a list of my DVD's (I think I forgot to add the last few I bought, must remember to update one of these days) - lots of sleeper classics and sci-fi :)

silverado...best western nobody saw...a lot of the actors went on to much bigger and better acting careers(kinda like younguns but everyone saw it).

derrek :D

Yep, I liked Silverado a lot and added it to my collection. But in a choice between two, I'd have to favor Quigley Down Under. Monte Walsh was another good'n. Tom Sellect and Sam Elliot seem to have been born for the genre.

Re: Kelly's Heroes...am I dating myself too much if I admit I saw it in the theater in 1970? The Cowboys, too, in '72.

grand cru no 2 said:
wicked stick said:
Whats up with american history X  Great flick ...
[snapback]201293[/snapback]​

That is an awesome movie! Edward Norton is great actor IMO.
[snapback]201518[/snapback]​

Makes my teeth hurt!!

Peekay said:
"Army of Darkness" always makes me laugh, so many one liners...
"You ain't leading but two things now, jack and ****, and jack just left town."

"Zoolander" is great too.
[snapback]201229[/snapback]​

"Are all men from the future loud-mouthed braggarts?"
"Nope, just me baby, just me."

I've had quite a few Evil Dead marathons. Those movies never stop being funny to me. I love the Ash vs. Evil Ash thing, that's just hilarious.

Back