• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Not-So-Famous Movie

I gotta second MiamiCubano's pick (anything by Jim Jarmusch). Lets not forget Wes Anderson (Royal Tenenbaums). I guess that wouldn't be a not so famous movie though. Well how about these, they are extremely famous in other countries but not in the U.S-

Solaris (Tarkovsky)
Ikuri (Akira Kurosawa)
Belle de Jour (Luis Bunuel)

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
A film by Guy Ritchie

Never Heard of it?
Plot Outline: Four London working class stiffs pool their money to put one in a high stakes card game, but things go wrong and they end up owing half a million pounds and having one week to come up with the cash.

Crime,Somewhat thriller,Comedy.

cletus said:
A film by Guy Ritchie

Never Heard of it?
Plot Outline: Four London working class stiffs pool their money to put one in a high stakes card game, but things go wrong and they end up owing half a million pounds and having one week to come up with the cash.

[snapback]201029[/snapback]​

Good movie. I did like Snatch too, his sort-of follow-up.

cletus said:
A film by Guy Ritchie

Never Heard of it?

[snapback]201029[/snapback]​
Good flic

BrownDevil said:
SWINGERS!!!
[snapback]201061[/snapback]​

"Yeah, man just kinda... you know, you got these claws and you're staring at these claws and your thinking to yourself, and with these claws you're thinking, "How am I supposed to kill this bunny, how am I supposed to kill this bunny?"

Damn good movie!

BrownDevil said:
SWINGERS!!!
[snapback]201061[/snapback]​

Favreau and Vaughn have never done anything so good since. Way too many classic lines in that movie. One of my all time faves, hands down. :thumbs:

Swissy said:
Spaceballs!
  My wife votes for Galaxy Quest... she was snorting coke out her nose on that one...
[snapback]200976[/snapback]​

I've heard that you're supposed to snort the coke IN the nose.
I really enjoyed Galexy Quest too.

ok, after reading through this I have to say

I watch too much TV I have seen a few of these and there are others that I added to a movie list I keep...

One I like is

"54"

Based around the Studio 54 Bar from the early party days, but unlike the other Movie "Studio 54, A True Hollywood Story" it gives the ugly side of the happenings in the "club" as well as the glitzy, fun, and more fun sides.

and

"Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood"

Written by the Wayans Bros and Paul Beauman it is a parody of the hood films written in a way to deliver a message that really can't be missed......"MESSAGE!!!!!!!!!" Great if you like Parody type movies and need a good laugh.

cigarsarge said:
Barfly...I know people that actually act like that. :D
[snapback]201064[/snapback]​

That one was ok but not a good portrayal of Bukowski or his screenplay. I would recomend "Born into this", its a good recent documentary about Bukowski.

emodx said:
Kevin Smiths Clerks or Chasing Amy. Foreign would be Tokyo Decadence or Motorcycle Diaries.
[snapback]200914[/snapback]​

Chasing Amy is a fantastic movie.

marcsheldon said:
if youve seen this movie, you know how great it is. if you havent seen it, you have no idea what your missing. probably one of my top 3 movies of all time.

memento.
[snapback]200915[/snapback]​

Weird, hard to follow at times, but good.

grand cru no 2 said:
Suicide Kings, starring Christopher Walken.
[snapback]200923[/snapback]​

Two thumbs up - have to be in the right frame of mind for it (i.e. a few drinks)

KayakinBoy said:
Vanilla Sky...

[snapback]200924[/snapback]​

Very strange. had to watch it 3-4 times to figure out what the hell was happening.

JAEwing said:
Papillon staring Dustin Hoffman and Steve McQueen.

Then again I like all of McQueen's pics.
[snapback]200942[/snapback]​

Very underrated, fantastic movie. Great acting and story.

Swissy said:
Spaceballs!
My wife votes for Galaxy Quest... she was snorting coke out her nose on that one...
[snapback]200976[/snapback]​

Absolutely hilarious.

I'll add High Fidelity with John Cusack and Jack Black. This is Jack Black at his absolute best. :thumbs:

I just finished adding all my DVDs (170) into a database program. Even uploaded them to my website.
:D

http://homepage.mac.com/mrjinglesusa/DVD/

Macs are so much fun. :p

Vanilla Sky has been mentioned a few times and I enjoyed it but its nothing but a rip-off of an Italian film called "Open Your Eyes". Watch that one and you will loose respect for Vanila Sky. They pretty much changed nothing but the actors.

Actually one of the actors is the same even.

I am a HUGE forgien film buff...so my pics might be a bit strange

Takashi Miike's AUDITION...

On an American scope...I gotta go with Session 9..best damn horror movie ever....

Life is Beautiful. So good, I posted in the other thread as well. If you want to laugh 'till you hurt, cry out of sadness, then cry out of happiness this is the movie for you.

American Me with Edward James Olmos.

About some '60's west coast chicano gang members that end up in prison, ruling the chicano gang in there and their inability to adjust to life outside.

One of those realistic/shocking/gritty/what life is like in the joint type movies.

Fyodor said:
cigarsarge said:
Barfly...I know people that actually act like that. :D
[snapback]201064[/snapback]​

That one was ok but not a good portrayal of Bukowski or his screenplay. I would recomend "Born into this", its a good recent documentary about Bukowski.
[snapback]201143[/snapback]​

Exactly. Buk was never really happy with Barfly. Still a good flick though, for what it is.

Ahhhh, Buk. When it comes to poetry, there truly is no finer. Much like early Tom Waits. :thumbs:

The Producers (1967 I think) by Mel Brooks. Dick Shawn playing Hitler in one of the funniest scenes I have ever seen. And who can forget, "Springtime for Hilter"?

Also, if you liked Tome Hanks and Meg Ryan in "Sleepless" and "You've Got Mail", try "Joe vs The Volcano", a nice light romantic comedy.