• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big Pittsburgh Herf in OhiO

Hey Guys, your party your rules. Can't say I've ever had an iron city, but can it actually be that much worse than bud, bud light, miller, miller lite or coors? I'd welcome purification by Yuengling though! Steelers party, drinking, smoking, meeting new herfers, its all the same to me. But again your party you make the rules, and the guest list.

(PM sent)

A Browns fan AND never had an Iron? My God, what is this Herf coming to? Next thing you know, somebody will be bringing pineapple White Owls. ???

Come to think of it, some damned communist heretic just sent me a fiver of those, but I digress.

And it's capital "I" in Iron and capital "C" in City. Sheesh, Browns fans. :rolleyes:

A new development!

The clubhouse where you guys were going to park is owned by the property owners on Leesville lake and thus is available to rent; the president is my neighbor and favorite hillbilly :D We were talking last night about the overnight (hotel) guests staying at the clubhouse, saving money, and no driving after drinking. Then we talked about having the HERF at the clubhouse.......this makes a lot of sense......here's the details.

The clubhouse is a large block building with a huge kitchen, hot and cold water (no bathroom) large ball room type open area, two refrigerators, pool table, and tables and chairs, and two OUTHOUSES. There is a pavilion outside with concrete floor and roof where we can build a huge fire in the pig cooker if it's bad weather or roll the pig cooker outside and hang out there.

The daily rental is $75 and if split by the hotel guests would save the hotel guests a bunch of money and provide us a bigger place and we won't have to worry about the muddy quagmire that is developing at my cabin from this early thaw.

I don't know how many guys are staying at the hotel Friday night and Saturday night but this could lower their cost to $10-$15 per person per night as opposed to $90. It would require cots, sleeping bags, air mattresses, etc and tolerance of an outhouse but it's up to them......they would have to be able to cancel reservations at the hotel and not lose any money.

This would allow more flexibility in the daily events as we could hang out inside, outside, play pool, cook in the commercial kitchen, etc. It also eliminates the parking issue and the potential drinking and driving.

I am leaning strongly toward having the HERF at the clubhouse for a lot of reasons, the overnight accommodations is up to you guys.

What do you think?

Edited to add:

Henry, the president and my favorite hillbilly, has offered (in exchange for a case of Heineken) to cook breakfast at the clubhouse for all of us on Sunday morning to send you off with a full belly ......you decide.

I'm in!!!

~ t

So Jeff - do we still need firewood. 2 people are bringing wood unless there is no need.

Thanks.

~ t

Although I am not staying over, count me in on a share of the cost. Sounds like a win/win.

On 2nd thought, maybe we should make the Brown's fan pay for 100%. :laugh: :sign:

I'm in!!!

~ t

So Jeff - 10 people - $7.50 each? And do we still need firewood. 2 people are bringing wood unless there is no need.

Thanks.

~ t

1. The more wood the better!

2. It will be $150 if we use it Friday night through Sunday morning and $75 if we just use it Saturday/Saturday night. I will let you guys decide how and how much.

A new development!

The clubhouse where you guys were going to park is owned by the property owners on Leesville lake and thus is available to rent; the president is my neighbor and favorite hillbilly :D We were talking last night about the overnight (hotel) guests staying at the clubhouse, saving money, and no driving after drinking. Then we talked about having the HERF at the clubhouse.......this makes a lot of sense......here's the details.

The clubhouse is a large block building with a huge kitchen, hot and cold water (no bathroom) large ball room type open area, two refrigerators, pool table, and tables and chairs, and two OUTHOUSES. There is a pavilion outside with concrete floor and roof where we can build a huge fire in the pig cooker if it's bad weather or roll the pig cooker outside and hang out there.

The daily rental is $75 and if split by the hotel guests would save the hotel guests a bunch of money and provide us a bigger place and we won't have to worry about the muddy quagmire that is developing at my cabin from this early thaw.

I don't know how many guys are staying at the hotel Friday night and Saturday night but this could lower their cost to $10-$15 per person per night as opposed to $90. It would require cots, sleeping bags, air mattresses, etc and tolerance of an outhouse but it's up to them......they would have to be able to cancel reservations at the hotel and not lose any money.

This would allow more flexibility in the daily events as we could hang out inside, outside, play pool, cook in the commercial kitchen, etc. It also eliminates the parking issue and the potential drinking and driving.

I am leaning strongly toward having the HERF at the clubhouse for a lot of reasons, the overnight accommodations is up to you guys.

What do you think?

Edited to add:

Henry, the president and my favorite hillbilly, has offered (in exchange for a case of Heineken) to cook breakfast at the clubhouse for all of us on Sunday morning to send you off with a full belly ......you decide.

Sounds like a excellent idea to me. Let me check with Punk_lawyer and see if he is game.

Also, I assume you all can get Great Lakes Beer, so is there anything special you swill drinking Pittsburghites want to try from the Glorious State of Ohio?

Sounds like a excellent idea to me. Let me check with Punk_lawyer and see if he is game.

Also, I assume you all can get Great Lakes Beer, so is there anything special you swill drinking Pittsburghites want to try from the Glorious State of Ohio?

Glorious State of Ohio? - Where exactaly is this place of which you speak?
I am not planning on drinking very much o bring what you like my friend.

~ t

Glorious State of Ohio? - Where exactaly is this place of which you speak?
I am not planning on drinking very much o bring what you like my friend.

~ t

I, on the other hand, plan on drinking heavily! :cool:

Great Lakes beer is probably the best overall collection of micro-brew beer in the land.............Cleveland has to be good for something :whistling:

PM sent to Tony;

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Jeff for offering up his place (and the addition of the clubhouse) and Tony for putting this event together, and for the invite. I'm confirmed and will be seeing the Steeler faithful on Saturday morning. I will most likely stay Saturday night at the clubhouse if that is the plan (even if I don't I'll contribute to the overnight fund). I also have no problem w/the case of Heineken, and as previously stated I'll bring some kindling, and a load of dry wood. Being that I live so close and won't be leaving home until Sat. morning, if there would be anything further that is needed just call me (I'll PM Tony my cell #) and I'll do my best to bring it along. Tony or Jeff if you could PM me an address (best) or directions that would be helpful.
jwm

Edmund Fitzgerald!!!!!!! Good stuff.

I'm a snow shoveling, Black & Gold bleeding, Dreary Erieite! Get it right, Ohioan!

I'll be bringing a couple of the local brews and some wood.

Needless to say, I'll pitch in on any and all fees, even though I agree with Cookie about letting the Browns fan pay for everything. It could be part of the 'purification'.

Edmund Fitzgerald!!!!!!! Good stuff.

I'm a snow shoveling, Black & Gold bleeding, Dreary Erieite! Get it right, Ohioan!

I'll be bringing a couple of the local brews and some wood.

Needless to say, I'll pitch in on any and all fees, even though I agree with Cookie about letting the Browns fan pay for everything. It could be part of the 'purification'.

Where I grew up in Pa. they call me an Ohisian Pronounced Oh-hee-zhun

In addition to Texas hold-em and pull the tail off the Browns fan, we can play horseshoes and boccie ball weather permitting!

Edited to add direction to the clubhouse

From route 332 which runs north/south from Carrollton you will turn right (west) on Autumn rd. (5 miles south of Carrollton) at the top of a large hill. Take Autumn for exactly 1.9 miles and the clubhouse is on the left. You can't miss the clubhouse. If you are coming from the south, watch for the signs for the "FFA Camp" and "Camp Muskingum" this is where you will turn left (west) on to Autumn.

Can someone bring poker chips?

Has anyone ever played beer pong?

Beer Pong is a yes. But, aren't y'all a little to old to be playing drinking games. What's next Power Hour?

Poker Chips are a yes too. I got the bigger set that everyone seems to have. Not sure on the count, but I think I got some spare chips too. Depending on how many people want to play we might need another set. I think I have done around 8 or so with just mine.

Punk_lawyer and I are good for the clubhouse too.

Anybody interested in trying some Chocolate Cherry stout? The BrewErie just tapped their first batch. It's not bad. I could bring a growler to sample.

Beer pong? ???

I have 2 cases of poker chips, and I am the beer pong champ.

~ t

Brandon ~

Are you in for the club house BOTH nights??

~ t

Beer Pong is a yes. But, aren't y'all a little to old to be playing drinking games. What's next Power Hour?

Poker Chips are a yes too. I got the bigger set that everyone seems to have. Not sure on the count, but I think I got some spare chips too. Depending on how many people want to play we might need another set. I think I have done around 8 or so with just mine.

No poker chips, poker's a mystery. Euchre I can play. Been a while but beer pong has been a hobby in the past. :thumbs:

I have 2 cases of poker chips, and I am the beer pong champ.

~ t

Brandon ~

Are you in for the club house BOTH nights??

~ t

My nephew and I have lost one game in the last 250 or so we have played ;)

I am there for both nights but Punk_lawyer will probably be coming in sometime on Sat.

Chocolate Cherry Stout... Sounds yummy.

Who's bringing the poker chips?