• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big Pittsburgh Herf in OhiO

MaxNoodle

I am that which is.
I have been discussing with other BOTLs about a Western PA HERF in Feb. The date / weekend will be the last weekend of Feb. Well after the holidays and to give us something to look forward to during a long - grey Pittsburgh winter. The following people have committed:

MaxNoodle, gtadroptop, cigarstone, "Paul", JFields,[/color] cookie_1978, keystone_raider, Breedy, Punk_Lawyer, theroberthogan,
[/color]
This list is updated on my "about me page" whenever some one commits via PM and will be update via this post as well.

"Cigarstone" has offred up his cabin in Carrollton Ohio which will entertain a modest amount of people but can only house few for the night. He said there are hotels nearby for thos who would be making a longer drive - i.e. Greensburg.

I origanlly thought we could all meet at the Pittsburgh Cigar Bar in Market Square in the heart of down town Pittsburgh if it were just for a night. So the location / time / and exact date of that weekend is not set until I get more input from all.

This was just going to be a Pittsburgh Herf, but BOTLs from Ohio, WV, have showed interest so it is open to all. Just let me know.

As of now - there is no theme. I will probably bring a box of somthing to share, and if we all did that we could do a "Whoever shows up PASS" or something to that affect.

Respond to this or PM me with ideas or any suggestions and since its now in the open forum we can all discuss.

I'm looking forward to it!!

Thanks.

~ t

Dont forget about me being an iffy. My home town is in NE ohio and the fact that I live less than 45 mins outside Pittsburgh. Yes, I live in DC now but I can always make an excuse to go home. So put me down as an IFFY, when the date is posted I will be able to give you a better idea if i would be able to make it :thumbs:

David

Sounds good as long as none of the OH guys are Browns fans. :sign:

Its a prerequisite!!! JK! Everyone is welcome! Yes - even Browns fans!!!! Right now I'm more worried about Ravens fans... :sign:

Dont forget about me being an iffy. My home town is in NE ohio and the fact that I live less than 45 mins outside Pittsburgh. Yes, I live in DC now but I can always make an excuse to go home. So put me down as an IFFY, when the date is posted I will be able to give you a better idea if i would be able to make it :thumbs:

David

You're an "iffy" Dave! Hope you can make it!

~ t

Ok well my name was not shown in the orange. Just didnt know if you had me down or not. Cause I know alot of people would be planning on making the trip if the main event makes an appearance :whistling: :laugh: .

David

Ok well my name was not shown in the orange. Just didnt know if you had me down or not. Cause I know alot of people would be planning on making the trip if the main event makes an appearance :whistling: :laugh: .

David

Dave - I'm only updating my "about me page" so everyone can check there to see who is coming and see their status and also try to help out in case someone needs a ride as in niclor's case. he wants to come but needs a ride. Its mentioned there so anyone coming from his area can maybe pick him up. I believe he may be coming with Keystone_Raider. So - maybe someone in your area is coming and you guys can carpool, or pick someone up on your way. You are an Orange iffy. If your situation changes I will update my page - so keep me posted.

Thanks!

~ t

Edit - Main Event??? I'm already here!

You can count me in. I'd be coming from Central Ohio, so NE Ohio or Pitt are all the same to me.

Sounds good as long as none of the OH guys are Browns fans. :sign:

Mr. Stone wouldn't allow Brownies inside his cabin.

No! But, he did allow cigars that taste like "anus" in there.

LOL - thats not nice... :( I believe he would make exceptions. He invited someone from WV!!

I heard that!!!

BTW.........I opened that box of Davidoff's before sending to you. :whistling:

I thought I smelled something.....and wondered why one was missing :whistling:

I guess this part of the Erie contingent will have to show too. Hell if GT is coming, I have to make sure you don't think we're all like that. :whistling:

I origanlly thought we could all meet at the Pittsburgh Cigar Bar in Market Square ...

I went there last August, and the place was kind of a hole. Maybe 3 boxes of cigars in the "humidor". I don't know if you guys have been there more recently, or know that the place has changed, but I figured I should just pass the info along.

That being said, there is a bar right around the corner, in Market Square, that I think is attached to the Cigar Bar. Upstairs place with a bunch of tables and an incredible selection of beers. Cigar friendly. I went in there on my way to the airport, and was disappointed I didn't find the place earlier. I'll have to see if I can find the name of the place.

I origanlly thought we could all meet at the Pittsburgh Cigar Bar in Market Square ...

I went there last August, and the place was kind of a hole. Maybe 3 boxes of cigars in the "humidor". I don't know if you guys have been there more recently, or know that the place has changed, but I figured I should just pass the info along.

That being said, there is a bar right around the corner, in Market Square, that I think is attached to the Cigar Bar. Upstairs place with a bunch of tables and an incredible selection of beers. Cigar friendly. I went in there on my way to the airport, and was disappointed I didn't find the place earlier. I'll have to see if I can find the name of the place.

Thanks Tom...I don't know what else is down there. But I'll be driving rigt through town on my way to my "new" job...I'll check it out next week. I put feelers out to everyone I know asking about cigar bars in town. The Pittsburgh Cigar Bar takes reservations which will be good and I wasn't really looking for a humidor. Read my first post. If everyone brings a box and we pass them around with a take / put method, everyone will have plenty of different cigars for the night and some new ones to take home. And also instead of being restricted to what any humidor may have, you'll get some good sticks as our brothers are generous. But I'll look into the place that you mentioned but if you come across the name please let me know. Also keep in mind, PA just passed the no smoking law - so that place may no longer be cigar friendly.

Thanks for the heads up!

~ t

Was it the upstairs of the 1902 Landmark Building?

Nope, wasn't 1902. Had "breakfast" there when I got off the bus.

Judging by a picture I found online, I'm going to have to say with 99% certainty it was the Market Street Ale House.
img_135312_primary.jpg

As you look at the picture, the bar is to the right. Full seating around the bar, and then on the other side of the bar stools was some couches. This was August of 07 I was there, so it was after some sort of smoking ban had passed. I remember because I was bummed they took the cigar bar out of PNC Park.

If you can still smoke inside, and you guys still plan on meeting in Market Square, I definitely recommend it.

Edit: I found a picture of me at the bar, and I can now raise my level of certainty to 100%.

Thanks Tom ~

I will definately look into this more.

~ t

Nope, wasn't 1902. Had "breakfast" there when I got off the bus.

Judging by a picture I found online, I'm going to have to say with 99% certainty it was the Market Street Ale House.
img_135312_primary.jpg

As you look at the picture, the bar is to the right. Full seating around the bar, and then on the other side of the bar stools was some couches. This was August of 07 I was there, so it was after some sort of smoking ban had passed. I remember because I was bummed they took the cigar bar out of PNC Park.

If you can still smoke inside, and you guys still plan on meeting in Market Square, I definitely recommend it.

Edit: I found a picture of me at the bar, and I can now raise my level of certainty to 100%.