• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big stink about Shuji

JOE.M. said:
Let me start by saying...
I agree with Joe's post. And while I think that it is a shame that it has come down to needing rules - I do think it is necessary if it will get things back on track. If peoples' common sense is missing, I suppose rules must be the substitute. ???

After reading the posts here, looking at the other site and the participants it is apparent that some people have either no short term memory or are just gluttons for abuse. I find it hard to believe that anyone would have dealings let alone support someone who to this point has ripped off another brother. The character of some members is now questionable in my mind.

Ellman said:
What choice am i happy with? the choice of joining a lottery because the one here was starting to suck.

As far as my bed and sleeping it. come on this is the internet not my life.
Well you say this lotto sucked b/c of the complaints. The main guy I heard complaining is in that lotto and you were one of the main ones he was complaining about.

JOE.M. said:
Let me start by saying I don’t consider myself a FOG in any way, I don’t consider myself a snob or one to be looked at as the voice of authority either. With that said I do believe it’s time to set the record strait. When I first joined CP it was a place to call home. We were small, we were tight and we were friends. We watched each others back, and we gave the shirts off our back to help each other, we had fun! We broke some balls, and we shared in each others pain, but when it came down to it a few words on the screen made us friends. In the last few months things have changed, Rod {with good intentions} opened his creation to the web for all to see, and what he received in return was a headache! There has been a large influx of new members, granted some have been fine additions to this community and others, well, have done nothing but bring “our” home down. My opinion {again, not the voice of authority} it’s time to return to “home”. My belief, we need rules! You may think that that what I am going to say may sound like I am trying to turn this place into a dictatorship but it also seems like people have taken the freedom of this board way to far. I know I will make enemies, receive PM’s and may even piss off the moderators with what I am going to say, but this is what I believe in.

First I think you should have some thing to contribute to this site, weather it be a newbie {or FOG} asking questions, or a newbie {or FOG} with answers to help. Personally I think there are too many guys who are just full of it! Lumberg & 4aces for example.

I think that the intent of CIGAR PASS is just that! Cigar passes, trades and to help a BOTL who is in search of something they can’t find and to discuss the world of cigars in general. Not to take advantage of the generosity of the fine people of this board. Sir smokes a lot & shushi for example.

Next are those who like to stir the pot with controversial post, go on the defensive of those members who have wronged a brother {or brothers} or have become irritated with CP because the consensus has been to not post things out of text with CP MikeDevilsFan, gr8full2day and even Bo {as much as I like him, he should have stuck around and took the high road} Actually this list can go on and on.

I know we live in a FREE society were we are entitled to FREE speech and the FREEdom to do as we see fit. CP is also FREE You May say! Well you are wrong! This site was built and is paid for by Rod {far from FREE!}. It is his prerogative to do as he sees fit to change it for the better, if that means dumping forums and members than I stand by his decision AND IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT, GO FIND A NEW SAND BOX TO PLAY IN!

The above statements are not to be construed as personal attacks! These are observations, facts or what ever makes you sleep better at night.

Rod, Dave, Lee and Jeff. If you feel my post has stepped over the line in any way please feel free to edit or delete it.

* Side note! This post was approved by two of the moderators before posting
Very well said Bro and I'm with you 100%!

I'm not one to get into pissing contests or stir the pot but this fight is worth fighting as it's about a site that I truly enjoy! I've made some great friends here and spent many enjoyable hours reading and posting. I believe it's time to clean house and I'm behind Rod and the Moderators all the way.

Aloha,

Wade

"It" makes you a snob and think your better then everyone else. Which you might be better then me, maybe a better judge of people but does that mean i should just listen to you and not think for myself not judge for myself. You think that "It" give you the right to treat others like sh"it"

Dont want "it".

JOE.M. said:
My belief, we need rules! You may think that that what I am going to say may sound like I am trying to turn this place into a dictatorship but it also seems like people have taken the freedom of this board way to far.
Joe:

I agree we need rules, but I think we already have them. I, for one, believe that most rules should be unwritten. If a person reaches adulthood and still hasn't learned, or is incapable of learning rather quickly, how to conduct himself in a community such as this board, he will exclude himself by his own actions. That was, I believe, one of the points of Leebo's "do you get it" thread.

Shuji wasn't banned from this board, he excluded himself by his own actions. As long as people such as Shuji continue to meet the same fate, or else learn to "get it" once they are called out, then I think the system is working properly without the need for written rules.

I think this whole episode has been cathartic and instructional, and reassured me that the FOGs, moderators and Rod know what they are doing.

Take care, Bacchus

P.S. Joe, I am not disagreeing with most of your post. I just think that written rules will create a whole new set of problems. Written rules, by their very nature, encourage minimal compliance. I don't think that is what we are looking for here.

Triple_D said:
Well you say this lotto sucked b/c of the complaints. The main guy I heard complaining is in that lotto and you were one of the main ones he was complaining about.
Yep and he's going to get the same thing over there he got here. what i smoke 2-4 dollar cigars. and Im sure he will compain there to, but here everyone else jumped right on the band wagon with him.

Ellman.. maybe your time should be spent somewhere else then. Because "it" will be the way this board works and survives. There is nothing you can do about "it"

cohibasurfer said:
Ellman.. maybe your time should be spent somewhere else then. Because "it" will be the way this board works and survives. There is nothing you can do about "it"
So your saying here there will be no thinking for your self. you will follow "it" or else.

Communism?

Ellman said:
cohibasurfer said:
So your saying here there will be no thinking for your self. you will follow "it" or else.

Communism?
No. It's called standards.

Sam

So speed limits are communism? Go drive 50mph in front of a school? Tell the police it's communist to have speed limits. Get a clue. Your argument is in bad taste.

Ellman, if you're happy over there, that's cool.

I don't know who you're talking about in the lottos, I don't do those. But if you send someone cheap sticks and get mad because they call you on it, what's the problem?

Usually, that stuff is determined from the start, so either you don't follow the rules or you don't understand what is acceptable and what's not!

Stay over on his board if that's what happened! We don't need that stuff here either!

Ok Ellman. This is getting ridiculous. Every society has rules. You can't speed or you get a ticket. You can't piss on the sidewalk or you get taken downtown. Let's not get stupid.

Ellman said:
Triple_D said:
Yep and he's going to get the same thing over there he got here. what i smoke 2-4 dollar cigars. and Im sure he will compain there to, but here everyone else jumped right on the band wagon with him.
Humm, $2-4 smokes eh? Is that except when you are smoking the Gurkha 8 year aged you pointed out to me? $6-7 on cbid and more retail. Just wondering.

Ellman said:
and all standards must be the same? or your out.
Not exactly but the standards you are now showing you hold to, all I can say is bye bye, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. :) :thumbs:

Sam

Ellman said:
and all standards must be the same? or your out.
Every club has to have rules. If you don't like the rules of this one, I am sure you can find another that is more to your liking.

Humm, $2-4 smokes eh? Is that except when you are smoking the Gurkha 8 year aged you pointed out to me? $6-7 on cbid and more retail. Just wondering.
Now you step up to the high end lottery. I was not im the high end lottery.

I might be wrong but i never screwed anyone over here i feel that i have standards and have shown them here. you guys what to find someone who will say different go ahead.

it's not my fault if lottery members cant read the rules or dont like them.

So just go play in the new and improved lottery Ellman and shut up allready. The guy screwed a ton of people here and if your comfortable playing in a lottery were you may or may not recieve your winning from a guy that stiffs everyone else then so be it. Go play already and shut up. Defending him or his site to anyone here really is pointless.

I dont think I have defended him once im to busy defending my self for joining a stupid lottery.