• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big stink about Shuji

I have one very important point to make.

I have never met Charlie, and I do not know what is causing all of this. I do hope that everything does work out good for everyone.

But to say that anyone posting over there does not belong over here is just sickening. :(

I agree that this is very bad, there are a lot of obligations that are not yet met, and I plan to do what I can to assist Charlie in getting all of that stuff taken care of. Because I know there are a lot of people waiting for it to be.

But that site of his has been there just about since he came here, the Board was there a while back, just not quite ready, when all of this happened he rushed to get it complete.

There was a quote from his site posted in this thread, but unfortunately, the part quoted was taken out of context by a simple ommition.

Anyone showing up here right now knows the main reason for my rushing this site to get it up. I'd rather not talk about it here, but if anyone wants to PM me, please feel free.

Now, that said, here's what I wanted this site to be!

I got really tired of people putting up posts that said 'I'm going to xxx place and want to find a tobacconist there.' I figured that a better solution would be for all of us to review our favorite stores, and get the word out there about them for people that might be coming to town!

As you can see by the second part, this was an ongoing project.I already knew about it before this stuff happened and had seen it.

I am not defending his actions, he has been very derilect in taking care of his obligations, there is no way to denie that. But to slam him more about it by bringing up that he had time to design a board? Some of you guys would do well to get your facts straight. Slam him for not sending and paying, but don't go on a witch hunt guys, it makes us look petty.

Since he can still come here as a guest and read, and I am sure that he does:

Charlie,

Dude, you have my cell number, call me man, let me help you to straighten this mess out. I will lend you all the support I can, but you have to make this right. These guys put their faith and their trust in you, don't let them hang on it.

Gunpowder said:
Tripple_D's Pass is loaded with FNG's and I am sure they will use this experience to be great contributers to this site.

That's for darn sure! As for Trip's New Years Pass, I am not worried about it. If Shuji does not come through with shipping the pass, Lumberg has publicly posted that he will replace the sticks. Lumberg will do this because he will not risk tarnishing his record here at CP. I have very good dealings with him in the past.

As for Shuji, this is one FNG that will admit he's been duped by the guy and has learned loads from it. Shuji will NEVER get it! :angry:

It does not take a rocket scientist to see what work ancommitment that has been into this site over the past 3 years and I will be damned to see it go to hell just since I have joined. Oh, now I'm getting worked up!! :angry:

I have had two families most all of my life - mine and the fire service. I love the brotherhood and to make it a family, you must have trust and respect. Shuji has neither. I will pay my dues here a CP loyally and patiently and I am proud to call the friends I have made here family. I will do what it takes to support the others here at CP to make this a family again. I am envious at what you all once had.

Darin

Problems or not. He could have paid filbrent for the BTL's by now. That crap went on b/f his marital problems. Now if anyone learns anything from this it is that we need to stand up sooner. The reason why so many people are left shorted by 1 person is the fact that No one wants to say anything. I know I didn't but since he was first in the pass it got noticed. A lot of people could have been spared the loss by better communication instead of "writing it off"

To summarize my post above: When you let someone screw you out of two sticks you are telling that person it is ok to go screw someone else for 2 sticks or more. So you are doing your brothers (and you gals also) a great injustice by not speaking up.

That about sums it up TD. I do hope this all works out at some point, but either way, I think we may ALL get a little closer to "Getting It" by what we are seeing here. I know I for one am starting to see what "IT" might be. I might even get a glimps of "It" myself soon. ???

Absolutely! I wanted to make this newbie pass a good experience. I am still waiting for it get going, my anticipation has long since faded. You can bet I won't let anything happen like this when I am involved in a pass. The pass tradition should be sacred and treated with respect. This one certainly has not been treated that way by Shujji!

gr8full2day said:
Maybe its time to put this thread to bed... :D :D
We are far from putting this thread to bed! Let people voice there opinions! Let people see what you are all about!

And for this!>
Fast4Dr Posted on Feb 7 2004, 08:31 PM
QUOTE (JOE.M. @ Feb 7 2004, 06:37 PM)
We were close, had a great trust in each other and the main thing is we were FRIENDS & BROTHERS!

There are still many of us that are close and trust each other and will continue to do so. Fellas, let's not let a few "Bad Apples" spoil our home here at CP

Well, that depends on what side of the fence you sit on... you play by the rules ....or you make your own! In that case.... take a hike! :angry:

:(

Shuji,

Sorry to hear about your personal situation and I hope things turn around for you in your personal life.

As for your "cigar-persona"... let's just say that you shouldn't expect any "Aloha-Packs" sent you anytime soon or ever... :( ??? I just hope that you're able to make it up to everyone that is owed by you. Sad... very sad indeed.

Wade

Wade, you're a good man. It is a pleasure to know you.

/andrew

JOE.M. said:
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh how I miss the way this place used to be. We were close, had a great trust in each other and the main thing is we were FRIENDS & BROTHERS!

Time to bring out the mop and get cleanin'! ;) :thumbs:
Man, how I love to quote the A$$MAN :)

It may have been that way at one time, but there certainly wasn't this kind of excitement and thrills to be had. And if you read the first two or three pages of this thread, you can't help but enjoy all of the egg-shell walking going on.

That's what amazes me in all of this - look at all of the people that felt they had to apologize before calling a guy out.

To those that didn't apologize and then stated your opinions, I respect everything you had to say. Great job on saying what needed saying.

To those that did, shame on you. Grow some nuts.

And to those of you that don't believe anyone should have commented if they weren't in the pass: What in the name of all that is holy do think is the purpose of a PUBLIC forum?

This guy didn't mess up. A mess up implies that there may have been good reason for the lapse. If you can add 2+2, then you can see, there's no good reason. He screwed everyone. Now he's gone - like he should be. Just like I'd expect to be gone if I were in his spot. (Actually I'd shoot myself in the head before I could be that disrespectful/dishonest so it wouldn't matter anyway)

For those that let it go on as long as you did - I understand wanting to be nice and give people the benefit of the doubt, but don't be afraid to draw the line - use the "Passer/Trader comment board." The admin guys can always delete and post corrections if people come clean and had LEGIT REASONS for falling out for a while.

BIG SLIM JUNIOR: Don't know you. Never dealt with you. Probably won't - you're not going to like me after this, but WTF, over? Did you really only join Nov 12, or is that a new membership for someone that's been here for a long time.

You said, "Mattr... the last time I checked, you weren't in this pass. I, however, am and I'm willing to cut the guy some slack. No disrespect intended, but it seems like the loudest hens in the coop aren't even involved with this pass. " etc etc ...

No decent, self-respecting person could have harped on "MATTR" (and the other "HENS" you referred to) after having only been a member of this site for 2 months. Notice, if you will, none of the members that have been here very long and agreed with you did that. There's a reason. Because those "HENS" have been nothing but friggin helpful and unfailingly kind to every newer member, older member, and honest newbie here. And because they've all got class.

Dude, shut your piehole, sit back, and listen to what these guys are saying on this board day in and day out and you might learn a thing or two.

and to think - i'm usually a mild-mannered guy that loves to be nice to folks whether i like 'em or not... ;)

Muley said:
JOE.M. said:
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh how I miss the way this place used to be. We were close, had a great trust in each other and the main thing is we were FRIENDS & BROTHERS!

Time to bring out the mop and get cleanin'! ;)  :thumbs:
Man, how I love to quote the A$$MAN :)

It may have been that way at one time, but there certainly wasn't this kind of excitement and thrills to be had. And if you read the first two or three pages of this thread, you can't help but enjoy all of the egg-shell walking going on.

That's what amazes me in all of this - look at all of the people that felt they had to apologize before calling a guy out.

To those that didn't apologize and then stated your opinions, I respect everything you had to say. Great job on saying what needed saying.

To those that did, shame on you. Grow some nuts.

And to those of you that don't believe anyone should have commented if they weren't in the pass: What in the name of all that is holy do think is the purpose of a PUBLIC forum?

This guy didn't mess up. A mess up implies that there may have been good reason for the lapse. If you can add 2+2, then you can see, there's no good reason. He screwed everyone. Now he's gone - like he should be. Just like I'd expect to be gone if I were in his spot. (Actually I'd shoot myself in the head before I could be that disrespectful/dishonest so it wouldn't matter anyway)

For those that let it go on as long as you did - I understand wanting to be nice and give people the benefit of the doubt, but don't be afraid to draw the line - use the "Passer/Trader comment board." The admin guys can always delete and post corrections if people come clean and had LEGIT REASONS for falling out for a while.

BIG SLIM JUNIOR: Don't know you. Never dealt with you. Probably won't - you're not going to like me after this, but WTF, over? Did you really only join Nov 12, or is that a new membership for someone that's been here for a long time.

You said, "Mattr... the last time I checked, you weren't in this pass. I, however, am and I'm willing to cut the guy some slack. No disrespect intended, but it seems like the loudest hens in the coop aren't even involved with this pass. " etc etc ...

No decent, self-respecting person could have harped on "MATTR" (and the other "HENS" you referred to) after having only been a member of this site for 2 months. Notice, if you will, none of the members that have been here very long and agreed with you did that. There's a reason. Because those "HENS" have been nothing but friggin helpful and unfailingly kind to every newer member, older member, and honest newbie here. And because they've all got class.

Dude, shut your piehole, sit back, and listen to what these guys are saying on this board day in and day out and you might learn a thing or two.
What did you say? Cluck, cluck, cluck?

PM sent.

Joe, Wade and Muley, you're dead on!

BigSlim, you have been here a very short time, those of us who have been on the boards for a few years have seen this crap happen time and time again! There are red flags there. Don't be mistaken.....we will call them out!

Joe, I couldn't have said it better, bro......anyone who takes up for this guy is as bad as he is! We are cleaning this place up, be careful what you say............ ;)

Here's my feedback... It is just a different version of the same thing that everyone has been saying. I sent this message in a PM before there was any public intervention regarding the subject...

<QUOTE FROM PM. Feb 1 2004, 06:40 PM>
I think there needs to be a public post to bring this out. It is a bad thing when a spouse leaves but you still need to eat, pay your bills, go to work, etc. These are just responsibilities that can't be ignored. His debts here are no exception. There can, are should, be some leniencies here (because, after all, this is just a hobby cigar forum and not a business) but he does have a strong obligation to keep contact and accept help if it is offered (which it has been). It would take 2 hours max to pack up his debts, get to the post office, and free himself of the burden. I don't want to sound callous, but his avoidance raises suspicion and it ought to be addressed. You can quote me on this if you'd like.
<END QUOTE>

This has boiled over into an entirely different thing than where it started.

I think I've made my POV clear... or perhaps I haven't. If not, here goes... I had no clue of all the other crap surrounding Shuji. I took the guy at face value because that's the kind of person I am. I was only aware of his problems surrounding the pass. I also felt it was inappropriate for people with no stake in that pass to jump on a person who I perceived as having his life blow up.

That said, I spent time yesterday in MSN with Shuji and I flat out called him a liar and a thief. All the time, he was swearing that everything was "in the mail". I doubt that's the case, but hope springs eternal. With regards to the pass, I have also stated both privately and publicly that I will be first in line to make sure TD isn't left holding the bag.

As for my or anyone else's defense of Shuji, given the information I had at the time, I would defend him or anyone else again. I am not sorry that I defended this person. I am sorry that he betrayed my trust. I do not apologize for my actions and will not allow myself to be subject of attack over this. If empathy is not a trait cherished by those at CP, then all the sadder for them.

My only intent on CP has been to inject some levity, learn, have the opportunity to try new smokes, and be a good member of this community. I think I've accomplished all this.

With regards to all this, "We are cleaning this place up, be careful what you say." What exactly does that mean? I can't believe that you're actually implying that any dissent will be punished in some way.

Let me just get this straight, anybody who sticks up for Shuji is also guilty by association?

Also I am wondering what happens if and when the unmet obligations start getting met.

Big Slim Junior said:
With regards to all this, "We are cleaning this place up, be careful what you say." What exactly does that mean? I can't believe that you're actually implying that any dissent will be punished in some way.
Why, is punishment bad? How else is self regulation going to work. By saying, "Please don't say bad things, please don't do bad things." Just don't stir the pot is all he is saying.
Emo

Lumberg said:
Let me just get this straight, anybody who sticks up for Shuji is also guilty by association?

Also I am wondering what happens if and when the unmet obligations start getting met.
Guilty by asscociation... No, but the company you keep does speak for you in unsaid words, only to be interpreted differently by each individual.

Emo

Lumberg said:
It's been 3 weeks and 5 weeks...obligations have not been met....regardless if anything even shows....if you don't understand that...you need to question whether you should be here.