• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bird Watchers

Got just under a foot away before she flew off. Hoping to have them eating from my hand at some point. They definitely know I’m taking care of them and not a threat. It’s gone from everyone flying away as soon as the sliding glass door opens, to letting me walk around our back and not paying me much mind.
6F913875-0DF0-421D-9419-AA8162492387.jpeg

Got just under a foot away before she flew off. Hoping to have them eating from my hand at some point. They definitely know I’m taking care of them and not a threat. It’s gone from everyone flying away as soon as the sliding glass door opens, to letting me walk around our back and not paying me much mind.
View attachment 57381

Are you a leftie?

View attachment 57381
How do you know it's a she?

View attachment 57381
You'll probably have better luck with Chickadees. They are more approachable than House Finches.

Because she’s let herself go and gotten so fat after sacrificing her body to raise her husbands offspring.

That and a male would have more red on its head/neck.
I'm glad you didn't explain what a bird dick looks like!

You'll probably have better luck with Chickadees. They are more approachable than House Finches.
Tufted Titmice are the easiest, but haven’t been seeing as many of them as I’m used to. I usually get them to come in first and the Chicadee’s follow suit.

View attachment 57381
I go out there and the doggone redwing blackbirds sit in the trees and taunt me - like they're mad at me I've not fed them sooner... Bunch prima donnas I tell ya!!! Yeah, yeah, yeah - don't get your feathers all in a bundle... :mad:

I go out there and the doggone redwing blackbirds sit in the trees and taunt me - like they're mad at me I've not fed them sooner... Bunch prima donnas I tell ya!!! Yeah, yeah, yeah - don't get your feathers all in a bundle... :mad:
That’s the way the Yellow Finches act. I can see them up in the trees where they stage, getting all excited when I come out to fill the feeders. I feel like they’re sarcastically saying “Well!! It’s about damn time!!!”

I got me one of them cell phones just so I could post seegar pics!

I've had a huge increase in Blue Jays this year. They've always been around, but they are thick this year. Probably 8 to 10 out here this morning. My currant bush is loaded and they really like those, plus the seed and water I keep out.