• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Cigar Review - Pay it Forward #2!

Pugman1943 said:
Yep, the box made it, but the postmark was Wisconson? Wasn't sure I got double bombed or what. That being said, the package looks quite tasty with only one odd ball, something like a Por Longerie or close to that..

Anyway, I think it will be a first of the morning smoke so the tastebuds are fresh and the temp is pleasant.

Since Doc already thinks my brains are jello, I might as well prove it.
Commonly called a PLPC, a certain CP member has at least a hundred posts that avidly exclaim its virtues. ;)

A fine cigar! Any pics????

I know Ed has posted pics before, so I trust that we'll see them soon.

I'm going to try using the big computer tonight and work with the photo program. Got one pic you will have a good laugh about. The review is ready but I'd like to include the pics.

Well, I'm going to try and start this to see if it works.

I said a bad word, gimme and Oke&coke call my bluff. The thing that messed me up was it did come from Hawaii but with a Lake Williewonka Wisconsin return address. It was packaged well in a five finger bag and of course the secret envelop that only Carnak new the answer to. I admired to included stragglers and in my haste took out a Nica Rustica for a evening smoke.

The stick was my favorite size, a Toro and had a wee pigtail on top.

The foot was what I call a folded foot with four pieces of tobacco overlaying each other. I typically have trouble getting this type of foot going, but puff long enough and you are rewarded.

The overall cigar was a dark leaf with some mottling within two inches of the foot but it did not detract from the overall appearance. There were three veins, one nicely smoothed, two noticeable which is no big deal to me unless they interfere with the burn.

Ok, time to get serious, quit looking and get smoking. Cutting the cap I always check to see how well it is applied, in this case the cap was at least 33% off center, but I'm here to smoke, not diagnose quality control of the roller. I do a lengthy dry draw several times and find the distinct taste of nuts and wood.

The lighting goes well as the four flames beat the crap out of the folded foot. First impression, very smooth draw. At least I'm not going to have to suck my jello out as Doc hinted. The smoke portion is very lite in nature, it's there but not in quantity. About the 1/2" mark the ash is beginning to succumb to the laws of gravity and bending slightly, after the next puff, gravity wins.

Going into the second third I detect a wood note, just kind a snuck in there. I must also add the burn to this point is very good and as I reach the three inch mark I change my mind and call the burn impeccable.
I have tried two retrohales to try and pick up on any new nuances, which I don't find.

Im at the four inch mark and the smoke component opens up quite nicely, so the good guy that I am, share it with the frog supervisor hoping he will give me some clues, he didn't but commented on what a fine smoke it was. Just entering the last third and pick up a nice spice note about midway on tongue.

Here I do a purge as I don't want to loose this early because of a nicotine burn. Manage to get this to 1.5" inch point. Here I have my first need for a touch up but I will let it run its course. At about the 1" mark it went hot and that was the end of the taste test.

Final impressions. It is a good smoke, I would at least buy a 5er to see if that experience will improve this first introduction. I would like to have seen better smoke production with a wee more bang on the tongue ( but that is personal because I enjoy a full smoke, not sassy, but full ). I rate this at least medium in strength. As I had said, the burn was a pleasure to watch. I don't find many toro's that don't need at least one or two touchups.

Soooo, what is it? I honestly don't have a clue, but I will say I think this had some nice age on and was composed of very good tobacco. It had class and I would not be afraid to give this to a friend who enjoys a good smoke.

And the winner is: Comacho 1962 pre embargo. No wonder this has class.

I want to say thank you to the BOTL's for this opportunity and a special thank you to Oke&coke for making this happen.

Great review! I had a similar take - well-aged and very pleasant to smoke. Hard to identify unless you smoke them occasionally.

Nice pics!

Please read the pass rules.

You ask the "question" when you post the picture of the pass you received. Did something change? It leads to confusion if the rules aren't followed. This is slowing an inherently slow pass.

Also, are we not posting reviews in the thread provided for it?

BTW, Ed, I'm certainly not singling you or anyone out. Just wanted to openly state the usefulness of reading the rules for the pass.

I used to love this pass and was just tired of the constant confusion. I've had a great time with it in the past and hope y'all do, too. It's fun as hell interacting with members and reviewing and trying to guess the "unknown" stick.

Nuff said. Enjoy!

chiefmd said:
Are you going to take it? If not I'll take it.

I am glad you took the opportunity, I was merely trying to point out one of the pass rules which were so eloquently detailed by Vortex.