• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Cigar Review Thread #2

What is it CMontoya79!!!

I can't wait to hear what it is so I can go get some!

Thanks for the great review.

Oops review not completed or uploaded fully, my bad its an AVO LE 09 compañero. I did guess it was Dominican in my second attempt. had guessed Perdomo at third and lady attempt.
I will get this completed edited and right later tonight.

I finally had time to smoke the Blind PIF cigar from Cmontoya. 

It had a caramel brown wrapper and the scent was like hay with a bit of spice.  The cigar had a triple cap that I clipped and the wrapper was free of any veins with a slight shimmer.  The unlit draw had a taste that was sweet and earthy.  The draw was free and easy and I lit the cigar.

The first few puffs had a floral taste that had a slight peppery finish.  The finish wasn't long and each draw in the first third gained in flavor.  The peppery flavors subsided and the cigar had a nice earthy flavor through the first third.  The strength was about a medium and full of flavor.  Each puff left me wanting more.

med_gallery_12094_1464_351197.jpg

Into the second third the cigar really hit it's stride.  The profile was balanced with great flavors that were hard to describe.  The dominant flavor was what I would just call smooth tobacco.  It was vegetal, sweet, and a bit musty.  The smoke coated my mouth and was sometimes sweet and sometimes a bit leathery on the finish.

med_gallery_12094_1464_533077.jpg

I'm about an hour into the cigar and getting into the final third.  The cigar tastes pretty much the same except it is getting more intense.  In the last few inches it starts to get hot and the strength is picking up.  It now tastes peppery again and has a mostly leathery flavor.  I put it down with a little over an inch left.

med_gallery_12094_1464_591979.jpg

Ceasar, thanks for sharing the great cigar.  It was great from start to finish.  I have no idea what it is, but it reminds me a bit of a Partagas, and a bit of an Epernay.  I open the envelope and find...a piece of paper taped on 3 sides with the words no peeking all over it.  I break that tape and unfold the paper to find the identity of the mystery cigar and it's an E.P Carillo - New Wave Connecticut Divinos.  I've never had an E.P. Cariilo and this was really good.  I usually don't smoke Connecticut wrappers and think I might be missing out.

Thanks again for the great smoke and letting me do the review!

Sweet, glad you enjoyed it brother! The EPC new wave divinos, in my opinion, is a good change of pace cigar and shows how a connetcticuir can be flavorful.

C

C

With life back to normal around my house, I finally found time to do my Blind Cigar review.

I am sitting in the back yard on this warm Sunday afternoon with a Wasatch Devastator Double Bock and the blind cigar from Chiefmd.

gallery_11417_1462_425312.jpg

It is a robusto with a nice caramel colored wrapper and a triple cap. The cigar is well made with no soft spots. With a quick sniff of the foot, I am rewarded with a earthy, grassy barnyard fragrance. I clip the cigar and the prelight draw is perfect and gives me favors of a hay and a hint of leather.

The cigars lights well and a full draw bring flavors of leather, earth, a hint of sweetness and a little bitterness. As I smoke further into the first third of the cigar, the burn is great and the flavors continue as before with the bitterness going away. This is good cigar, but young I think.

gallery_11417_1462_754802.jpg

As I get into the second third of the cigar I am really enjoying it. It has rich flavors of earth and leather with the sweetness no longer there. Further into the second third, it develops a faint bitter kinda tar flavor from time to time in the back of my throat. It is not bad enough to ruin that taste and I am still enjoying the cigar. I am pretty sure this is a PSD4, but will keep my mind open.
gallery_11417_1462_206006.jpg

The last third still brings flavors of earth, leather and sometimes a little spice. The bitterness is increasing and I slow down hoping this will help. With just over an inch left of the cigar, the bitterness takes over and I put the cigar down. I am sure it is a young PSD4.

gallery_11417_1462_1069137.jpg

I reach for the envelope and the winner is: PSD4!

Thanks for the cigar Chief! I really enjoyed it!

gallery_11417_1462_328968.jpg

Dying to do mine....Just gotta wait til this freakin' cold goes away!  :angry:

coopsdeloops said:
Nice job Paul, and nice stick Louich! Love me them Upmanns...
Those are my daily go to. I almost went thru the whole box this summer!

After a long day at work I decided it was time to go home, enjoy the early fall weather and do my blind review from Jimmy.

photo1.jpg

My first guess when I got the package in the mail was a Padron, possibly 1926.  I'm sticking by that for now.  The maduro wrapper and construction to me are telltale signs.  Aroma from the foot is of sweet creamy chocolate and coffee.  Really nice.

I cut it and the pre-light draw is sweet and rich.  I can tell its going to be a good  cigar for this nice fall afternoon.

The first few puffs after I toast and light it are really rich and full of dark chocolate and coffee.  Really full of flavor and very bold.  The burn aroma coming from the foot is fantastic.

photo2.jpg

As I progress through the first 3rd I'm realizing this cigar is no joke.  I've taken a few weeks off of smoking just due to overall busy-ness but man this cigar is full strength and full flavor.  Really really enjoyable and strong espresso and chocolate notes coming through.  The burn is sharp and even once I really get it going and the ash is a nice flaky white that holds on until I tap it off.

photo3.jpg

As I move through the second and final 3rd of this cigar the espresso and chocolate flavors continue to hold strong and I'm really enjoying the heck out of this stick.  My mind and palate are still telling me Padron.  There is just no mistaking that flavor and you know it when you get one.  The draw is flawless and smooth.  The ash still holding on until tapped off.

So as I finish up I make my final guess:  Padron 1926.

photo5.jpg

Nailed it!  My first blind review that I actually guessed correctly!

Thanks again, Jimmy for the enjoyable smoke!