• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Taste Test Review Pass

12 cigars left to review from our participants

Below is who and how many left to smoke.

DaveWF = 2

Alph Chomper = 1

Oak = 1

CoventryCat = 2

Emodx = 2

Sir Smokes = 2

Blair = 2

I predict the later reviews will be more favorable. It's amazing what a week or two in the humi will do for a cigar after it's been in the mail for a few days.

I've had some bad experiences with cigars I smoked right out of the mail box. One of the worst cigars I ever had was a Monte #2 which is a favorite of mine. I know it's tempting to smoke them right away and get the reviews up but it can be a pitfall IME.

I waited 24 hours before smoking mine, and then that night which was about another 6 hours was when I smoked the GPECC. So they sat in my humi at 65% for 30 hours before lighting up. I found the GPECC to be awsome. The next day I smoked the other, and it was the Projectile.

But I do think that traveling smokes should rest a few days before lighting em. I think a lot of Burn problems can come from unstable RH conditions, and Taste follows right along with the Burn issues (nothing tastes the same when you fight to keep a burn straight, or keep a stogie lit).

SD_Stack said:
Holy Crap Moki. I did! I did! get a sweet pack from you. I feel bad accepting them. They are great. I have never had either and didn't know two even existed in the free world. You dug deep for those. Thanks Bro. :thumbs:
Just some dog rockets I had laying around. ;)

moki said:
SD_Stack said:
Holy Crap Moki. I did! I did! get a sweet pack from you. I feel bad accepting them. They are great. I have never had either and didn't know two even existed in the free world. You dug deep for those. Thanks Bro. :thumbs:
Just some dog rockets I had laying around. ;)
:sign: :p

Wow. I have been reading this thread (off and on) all day. I'm dying to smoke my cigars! The winds have been very VERY strong all day and it would have completely wasted the cigars - so I held off ??? . I have been having a damn hard time finding the perfect time for a true cigar tasting; that time has not presented itself. I'll have to MAKE time, damn it!

SD_Stack said:

What SD Said: This is sort-of a no-name smoke. It is found exclusively at JRs I think. The only reason I included it in the pass was to add another fan to their list. It didn't work. ??? These cigars are cheap and extra powerful usually. Lumberg didn't seem to mention how powerful it was. I have had several boxes of these and bought another CPr a box. I have given most of them away that I have bought because they are such an exciting little smoke. Everyone seems to have loved them. ??? Some are always plugged. When they are, they suck. I hoped that this one would be a good one. The cigars are small but they burn very slow. I usually on smoke half of one. The taste doesn't last past half way. It really deserves another try. Really. It is sad to see this one go down this way. :(
I still have one of these that you sent me a while ago! If you recall, you gave me one of these as a mystery cigar. It about knock me off my ass! I loved it! I remember saying it had a hint of "unsweatened chocolate" :p ... and a long finish that was terrific. I have come close several times to getting a box. I will at some point (I have a box of LGC Serie R #6's on their way, so I'll have to hold off for a little while, unfortunately). I was disappointed that it didn't get a better review here. Oh well. More for us!

:D

blair said:
SD_Stack said:

What SD Said: This is sort-of a no-name smoke. It is found exclusively at JRs I think. The only reason I included it in the pass was to add another fan to their list. It didn't work. ??? These cigars are cheap and extra powerful usually. Lumberg didn't seem to mention how powerful it was. I have had several boxes of these and bought another CPr a box. I have given most of them away that I have bought because they are such an exciting little smoke. Everyone seems to have loved them. ??? Some are always plugged. When they are, they suck. I hoped that this one would be a good one. The cigars are small but they burn very slow. I usually on smoke half of one. The taste doesn't last past half way. It really deserves another try. Really. It is sad to see this one go down this way. :(
I still have one of these that you sent me a while ago! If you recall, you gave me one of these as a mystery cigar. It about knock me off my ass! I loved it! I remember saying it had a hint of "unsweatened chocolate" :p ... and a long finish that was terrific. I have come close several times to getting a box. I will at some point (I have a box of LGC Serie R #6's on their way, so I'll have to hold off for a little while, unfortunately). I was disappointed that it didn't get a better review here. Oh well. More for us!

:D
Blair, if it makes you feel any better, :p I bought a box a few weeks back for $23 at a JR 1am Special. Can you say, "Ninety-Two Cents Each!" LOL The everyday price and current price is $39.95 at JRs.

SD_Stack said:
Ninety-Two Cents Each

Wow.gif

Smoke 'um if you got 'um.

I will be out of town from the 6th through the 11th. I was hoping to wrap this up before I left.

We've got to make room for Blind Review II.

Submissions in! Sorry I couldn't make the deadline (story of my life) :( . Our 50 mph winds just stopped today! This evening was a perfect night for a smoke.

Just sent my review from memory for #26. A little slow on the output; Hope everyone has a great Easter.

I'm smoking #15 as I write this and just submitted the report to the Blind Taste Test Master :thumbs:

Sorry for being so late SD, I've had a nasty cold for almost two weeks and cigars taste like crap to me when I'm sick. I've smoked a few Havanas over the last couple of days to get my tastebuds back on track ;)

I hope SD's not gambling away all his money :p