• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Gold Medal

Shiba

CP's Official Mortgage Broker
FYI... Bolivar will be releasing the Gold Medal cigars this year. Not sure if you all were aware of this or not but thought it would be worth mentioning!!!

This sucks. I will not be a victim of Habanos S.A.'s future marketing ploys anymore. Limited Edition/Limited Release.....hah, anything but.

Cohiba Siglo II will also be coming out in Tubes this year.

Shiba said:
Cohiba Siglo II will also be coming out in Tubes this year.
[snapback]281325[/snapback]​

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Partagas Serie P No.2 Tubos. :D ...along with a few others.

Wilkey

Interesting...when do the new releases usually hit the dealers?

From my understanding, these are to be released sometime in '06... could be this month or December. I will try to find out more on this.

ricmac25 said:
Is this going to be another limited run?
[snapback]281356[/snapback]​

Ric,

It sounds like these will be be regular production vitolas.

What's crazy is that supposedly the boli gold medals are going to go for 90 euros a box!!! I know some dudes who paid a lil more than that.

Intact boxes of the special production LCDH Cologne Gold Medals will always demand a premium over the new regular production Gold Medals. So, I would have no problem paying substantially more for the ones from '05. And, actually, the original price of these was not far off from the 90 euros that these may go for in regular production. My best bet though, it'll be closer to 125 euros for a box of 10, if not more.

Chino,

I can imagine. When they've become available over here, they've gone for $40-50 a piece. But if these are going to be more than a one shot (which they might well be even though they are on the production list) they will still be desirable. If they were to come out in significant volume AND if they matched the characteristics of either the original or German regional production, then they would be one of the better cigars of the year...I'm guessing.

Wilkey

2stroke_bluesmoke said:
Call me uneducated, but are the Bolivar's worth it? A few the Bolivar's I've tried have not stoked my stogie. :(
[snapback]281463[/snapback]​

That is a question that can only be answered by the individual. For me, yes, Bolivars are worth it. They are my second favorite brand (as a whole) of Habanos. Their flavor profile matches my palate very well. I absolutely love the earthiness that is predominant in this brand.

It is very possible that Bolivars are just not for you. Their particular earthiness might just not be your thing. You have to find those cigars that match your particular palate, not just rely on what others think or say about them. If you don't like them or if they just don't "stoke your stogie," move onto another brand. Find what works for you. :thumbs:

Just my 0.02.

cigardawg said:
2stroke_bluesmoke said:
Call me uneducated, but are the Bolivar's worth it? A few the Bolivar's I've tried have not stoked my stogie.    :(
[snapback]281463[/snapback]​

That is a question that can only be answered by the individual. For me, yes, Bolivars are worth it. They are my second favorite brand (as a whole) of Habanos. Their flavor profile matches my palate very well. I absolutely love the earthiness that is predominant in this brand.

It is very possible that Bolivars are just not for you. Their particular earthiness might just not be your thing. You have to find those cigars that match your particular palate, not just rely on what others think or say about them. If you don't like them or if they just don't "stoke your stogie," move onto another brand. Find what works for you. :thumbs:

Just my 0.02.
[snapback]281465[/snapback]​

:thumbs: That there's the gospel, baby. Worth and value are what we make of it for ourselves.

Its funny because on the list they are sold for about 9-10 euros per cigar but i bet they will carry a huge pricetag if you can even find them..LOL!

The 2005 Bolivar Gold Medal commissioned by Chris Wolters was the best production cigar released last year. Nothing else topped it and these are just going to get better with age. Worth is a personal issue, as one thing may not worth the same to one person as it is to another. I personally loved them enough to smoke all three boxes that I bought and did not have enough control to save any for age.